+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Bevin - Bachelor 10

confused

Re: Bevin - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2360417;
    Not necessarily. I sprained my ankle last year. I was in a cast for 6 weeks and went to PT after that.

HOWEVER... I think Bevin was definitely milking this. How do you go from crying in frustration over an injury, to wearing high heels, on the very same day? :nono
    And racing on the kid's bikes in last nights date? I think Bevin was truly upset about the injury because as she told Andy he will not be able to see the real her because she won't be able to do as much. I think she worried the injury was going to limit what she could do on the dates, ect. It does seem to limit her very much IMO.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

She's driving me bug-nuts. I am tired of her whining and crying. She's ragging on the younger contestants cause they're not old and mature enough, then she whines that she has to share. She didn't know about that going in? I also think stealing Andy away from the other girls is ratty of her. I know it's a competition, but if you're so, "in love" with someone, you want them to be happy. Bevin needs to grow up a little.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fanatic

It's my opinion thaT Bevin is the LEAST mature girl left on the show at this point.

She and Amber snuck into the deliberation room together so how does that make her more mature than 23 year old Amber?

The woman is annoying, possessive and not terribly attractive and someone should have said something to Andy about how the others felt about him going off with Bevin all of the time. He would at least think that they cared more about him if they had made some kind of comment. He is being rude and I feel badly for the girls who keep on sitting around by themselves while Bevin does her thing.

I just think that she is totally desparate and that is NOT attractive.

I have to agree, memorylane, I'm not fond of her at all and find her endlessly immature.
    Of course we all know we're subjected to an edited version of all the participants, I have no interest in knowing what "the real Bevin" is like because I'll never meet her.
    The Bevin I see on my screen I find to be incredibly unlikeable to this point.
    I also find her the least attractive physically of the remaining women.

I can't criticise her for trying to steal alone time with Andy on the group date, but I do think he should limit the time he spends with any one person on those dates.
    The onus is on him to be fair, imo.
    I hope he has been and we just weren't shown it.

FORT Fanatic

My thoughts exactly. It is up to Andy to control the time spent with each girl and not to let one dominate all of his time while the others look on.

Maybe he isn't such a "gentleman" and he just ignores those he isn't as attracted too?

You are also right about the editing factor...we have no idea what's really going on. In the sense that the show controls what we see, it is very manipulated. It would be impossible to "know" any of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2360883;
    The Bevin I see on my screen I find to be incredibly unlikeable to this point.

And would she PLEASE stop biting her nails! That looks SO attractive on national TV!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 05-03-2007 at 01:06 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags

FORT Fan

I do feel a bit bad for Bevin...the girl I read about is certainly not the girl they are showing on TV. Now, I am sure she doesn't go around all the time crying and whining, but let's face it, she has to have done her fair share here or they wouldn't have the footage to show.

Her comments about maturity and age - completey uncalled for.

Her comments about him chosing Tessa over her - again, did she forget what the show was about? She can't assume she is THE one.

Her voice-overs where she talks about "its driving her crazy not knowing what Andy is thinking", or "why would he pick her for a 1 on 1 date" etc. Very possessive and needy. Again, if she didn't say those things, they couldn't put it out there.

So, yeah, she is getting a bad edit, but she is also providing the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2360410;
    In defense of Bevin. I expect I am one of the very, very few on this board who think this show is the beginning of the Bevin redemption.
    Excellent post, Arielflies. I wanted to let you know that I of one of those few along with you.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

Somebody probably knows better than I do... but I remember back (WAY BACK) in my sociology/psychology days (classes) .. that always having your hand up to your mouth has something to do with oral fixation and a lack of something else (this is what I can't remember) in your life .. well we certainly can tell that Bevin has an oral fixation .. she's always kissing Andy (perhaps to keep from talking .. or having conversations with him that will lead to her telling him about the divorce??) .. anyone out there with a sociology/psychology background that can comment/support this? (It was back in the 70's - so my recollection could be way off!)

Dang .. I love the internet!

If a child was not fed enough (neglected) or was fed too much (over-protected), this may later create an oral fixation in that adult. It is believed that fixation in the oral stage can cause one of two things. If the child was underfed or neglected, he will become orally dependent, and obsessed with achieving oral stimulation which he was deprived of. He might learn to manipulate others to fulfill his needs rather than maturing to independence. The overly indulged child may resist growing up and try to return to that state of dependency through crying, acting helpless, demanding satisfaction, and being "needy."

Oral fixations are considered to contribute to over-eating, being overly talkative, smoking addictions overindulging in peppermints or chewing on straws and alcoholism (known as "oral dependent" qualities). Other symptoms include a sarcastic or "biting" personality (known as "oral sadistic" qualities). These symptoms are not to be frowned upon - they are natural and should be appreciated.

Critics of Freud's theories doubt that such a thing as "oral fixation" can explain adult behaviors, and that subscribing to this simplistic explanation can prevent the exploration of other possible causes that may occur. Even psychoanalytically oriented practitioners have broadened their understandings of fixations beyond simple stage theory.
    Last edited by Amanda; 05-01-2007 at 10:20 PM. Reason: just fixing tags :)

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar

Great post, Arielflies! I have to say that I'm seeing things with the same perspective.
    Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last. -- Nicholas Sparks

+ Reply to Thread