+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 114 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Bevin - Bachelor 10

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar

Re: Bevin - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2356371;
    I have sprained my left ankle several times, one time very badly. Pain pills are not needed nor are crutches. Sure it hurts for awhile but once you get walking on it after a day, you can maneuver just fine. You wouldn't want to indulge in a sport or rough activity but to say she has had a rough time and is in pain is just not true. A military wife has to be able to sprain her ankle and keep going!
    It all depends on the injury - I've been left on crutches and pain pills after injuring my ankle while my husband was deployed. Yes - you get through it, but it still sucks, and it still hurts. Injuries and how they are dealt with (especially on a reality TV show) are not really an accurate reflection on how someone would handle the life of being a military spouse. It's a lot more than that.

That being said, she's at a point in this process where she's wanting to be at the top of her game - and with a broken ankle it had to be hard! I'm sure if it was a single one on one dating situation, outside of the bubble, Bevin would've reacted and acted differently - however with the magnification of emotions, lack of sleep, alcohol, any medications (I'm sure she was at least on anti-inflammatories), and the inability to participate in the stuff she finds fun all adds up to being very frustrating. Frustration, lack of sleep, and vulnerability probably led up to the reaction she had in Tahoe.

There's nothing about anyone on the show that shows that they would or wouldn't be a good military spouse - nobody knows how they'll handle that until they're actually in that position. It makes some relationships and kills others - one of the most important factors is how much a person is willing to sacrifice for the person they love. The strength of the relationship is almost as important as the person's individual strength.

This is just the perspective of one Navy wife though.
    Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last. -- Nicholas Sparks

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brightcryptic;2357053;
    It all depends on the injury - I've been left on crutches and pain pills after injuring my ankle while my husband was deployed. Yes - you get through it, but it still sucks, and it still hurts. Injuries and how they are dealt with (especially on a reality TV show) are not really an accurate reflection on how someone would handle the life of being a military spouse. It's a lot more than that.

That being said, she's at a point in this process where she's wanting to be at the top of her game - and with a broken ankle it had to be hard! I'm sure if it was a single one on one dating situation, outside of the bubble, Bevin would've reacted and acted differently - however with the magnification of emotions, lack of sleep, alcohol, any medications (I'm sure she was at least on anti-inflammatories), and the inability to participate in the stuff she finds fun all adds up to being very frustrating. Frustration, lack of sleep, and vulnerability probably led up to the reaction she had in Tahoe.

There's nothing about anyone on the show that shows that they would or wouldn't be a good military spouse - nobody knows how they'll handle that until they're actually in that position. It makes some relationships and kills others - one of the most important factors is how much a person is willing to sacrifice for the person they love. The strength of the relationship is almost as important as the person's individual strength.

This is just the perspective of one Navy wife though.
    Well said, Bright! I surely have no idea of what all it takes or what the life of a Navy wife is like. I read the comments from the link Jelle posted in the media thread written by military wives and it was eye opening to hear their honest comments. I appreciate hearing your perspective as well. I think no matter how much Andy is trying to prep them for a glimpse of married life in the Navy, none of these girls, at this point have any true idea of what lies ahead. It will be interesting to hear how the last 3 girls are considering this type of life and what their reactions are to Andy's questions, which I bet he will continue to ask.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

I have noticed that as the woman leave that are elminated they are shown, getting a hug from Bevan. If she was the character that Fleiss would have you think she is I do not think that would be happening. Sorry I think it is in the editing. Was she upset absolutely. Who wouldn't be she is into Andy and she knows if she just sits back and nurses her injury she will be leaving earlier than she wants to. She is a competitive person. You can see that.
    I think that we all forget that if she becomes a Navy Wife she will not wake up everyday having to compete for how many women wanting her man. She will do just fine if she happens to be the chosen one. Seeing the things that she is involved in her community in helping out with besides her job is simply amazing. I would bet there are a lot of Navy wives thay would have trouble keeping up to her.

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;2358096;
    I have noticed that as the woman leave that are elminated they are shown, getting a hug from Bevan. If she was the character that Fleiss would have you think she is I do not think that would be happening. Sorry I think it is in the editing. Was she upset absolutely. Who wouldn't be she is into Andy and she knows if she just sits back and nurses her injury she will be leaving earlier than she wants to. She is a competitive person. You can see that.
    I think that we all forget that if she becomes a Navy Wife she will not wake up everyday having to compete for how many women wanting her man. She will do just fine if she happens to be the chosen one. Seeing the things that she is involved in her community in helping out with besides her job is simply amazing. I would bet there are a lot of Navy wives thay would have trouble keeping up to her.
    Well said. Because of what we've been shown to this point in the show, it is hard to keep the faith with Bevin. But, the Fleissmeister is tricky. We'll just have to keep paddling toward the goal.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

if her ankle was so "badly" hurt, then why wear high heels? why go without crutches later when gambling and to the rose ceremony? i'm not a fan of whiny.

She's Toast

the general public would be livid with the show if andy picks bevin, unless tptb plan to do a complete 180 on her. there's no way tvBevin would be pick with the edit she is having. ZILCH. however, with that said, i must say i feel awful for her editing. not only are tptb casting her in her horrible light, they're contrasting her edit with the lovely edit we see of tessa. i bet these gals have had their ups and downs during the taping (and it seems like they're friends on the show), and are really lovely in real life. it's just sad that they're exposing and magnifying everything bad that bevin did in order to create drama.

Does anybody know how Bevin ended up on the show? Did she audition or was she recruited?

I posted this last night in the Spoiler Editing thread because this thread was still closed. I have removed any spoiler information. I thought this might give hope to any Bevin kayakers still in the flotilla.
    In defense of Bevin. I expect I am one of the very, very few on this board who think this show is the beginning of the Bevin redemption.

From reading the show thread before I watched, my heart sank. Why, oh why would Fleis weave in a piece from last week's RC to further smear her edit. Does he hate her? No, he doesn't - at least not as much. Tonight was a show about insecurities both for Bevin and for Tessa. Last week, the show was about reassuring both women.

Tessa's insecurities arise from her doubts, while Bevin's arise from fear. All along Fleiss has shown bits where she spouts her age. This show was about comparing herself to younger women and feeling she comes up short. How could Andy like me if he is really interested in someone who is 23? In the second episode, they threw in a piece where Bevin tells Andy that she is ready to settle down, that she has had her single life experiences. In the third and fourth episodes she is worried that she can't compete with any of the girls. This episode they show her in a head to head with Amber about who would be the most ready to marry - her at 28 or Amber at 23. Her insecurity is her fear that once again she can't compete so she lashes out at Amber. She also fears Andy's reaction if she can't tell him about the divorce and soon.

The playyard date was a very pleasant surprise. She discovered that she could enjoy the date and the day. It was so good to see her laugh and be free with the children. During the post show clip, though, her competivness rose to the top again as she went all out to win the tricycle race.

The yacht date was played up by Fleiss to capture the jealousies, etc. Yes, maybe she shouldn't have tempted him with an activity, but darn, he enjoyed it.

The RC showed her fear once again when Andy complimented her dress and she was surprised, because she felt it was too casual compared to the others. I think the director or producers pointed her and Amber to the closed door, because they ask, "Is this it?" Both of them were nervous to be in there and I don't think they stayed very long. It was a DRAMA set-up. Her joy at receiving the first rose came from validation that maybe there was a chance with Andy.

The previews, of course, don't show the real fallout from her disclosure and we'll have to wait. I think that he appreciates that she is one of the two who are left who are open to affection. And then the sizzle is still there.

Say what you want...I know he truly feels an emotional connection with Tessa, but that is being sorely tested by Tessa, herself. Whether Tessa can complete him or Bevin, we'll have to wait on Andy.

Redemption: She is the one that is being brought along slowly - not Tessa or Danielle. *ducking once again*
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

I have sprained my left ankle several times, one time very badly. Pain pills are not needed nor are crutches. Sure it hurts for awhile but once you get walking on it after a day, you can maneuver just fine.
    Not necessarily. I sprained my ankle last year. I was in a cast for 6 weeks and went to PT after that.

HOWEVER... I think Bevin was definitely milking this. How do you go from crying in frustration over an injury, to wearing high heels, on the very same day? :nono

+ Reply to Thread