+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Amber - Bachelor 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Amber - Bachelor 10

From an interview with Amber on abc:
    abc13.com: Bachelor contestant talks about the show and school controversy

Amber Alchalabi admits she was heartbroken when bachelor Andy Baldwin sent her home on the show last night.

"I'm just saddened how this whole situation has turned out, it's sad, very unfortunate," she said.

She says it was worth it for a chance at love. She says she takes issue though with some things like the way she and her roommate were portrayed by show producers.

"They tried to pull what they thought would make us look young and immature

I did like Amber a lot.....however after she got inside the limo...she gave her opinion about the whole thing...I felt sorry and sympathized with her...HOWEVER....she embarrassed herself when she said the "F...@#$" thing toward the end of her comment....I was stunned...she is a teacher and to swear in front of the cameras that cater to millions of people on National TV...speaks volume of her personality.....and maturity....MY Honest Opinion...

FORT Fan

They can twist your words, take them out of context, edit you to death - but if you don't swear they can't show you saying it. I think Amber is a nice person but under stress fell apart and made some poor choices. You have to know going on this show, you're being set up to have your heart broken and the resulting distress there for all the world to see - your words and actions decide how it will play. Danielle is proof of that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tz192;2398269;
    They can twist your words, take them out of context, edit you to death - but if you don't swear they can't show you saying it. I think Amber is a nice person but under stress fell apart and made some poor choices. You have to know going on this show, you're being set up to have your heart broken and the resulting distress there for all the world to see - your words and actions decide how it will play. Danielle is proof of that.

I like Amber, but I think her poor choices started when she engineered an illegitimate time-off from her job as a *teacher* to go on the show. That was irresponsible and, you know, she's 23. Is that really the desperate age for finding a marriage partner, that you have to lie to your employer (the school system), risk getting your principal into trouble for covering you, and dump your students mid-year (which many kids do find upsetting)?

Also, she obviously knew that her parents really objected to the whole thing, and, even if that fact didn't bother Andy (although I'm not convinced that it didn't), it would have bothered some guys, and it certainly would have caused trouble for her and her fiance down the line, had she been the chosen one. ... There *are* other ways of looking for a husband that I suspect would have been okay with her parents, so I really don't understand why she felt that she desperately needed to do *this* particular thing.

I think Amber's a sweet and appealing girl, but the number of problems she was willing to cause in her family and in her workplace for the sake of getting on this silly reality show suggest to me that she isn't as mature as she thinks she is, judgment-wise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345