+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amber - Bachelor 10

Re: Amber - Bachelor 10

In my opinion, Andy was less than impressed with Amber's apartment, ditzy friend, and the whole dog-peeing event. I think that even though they may have had some good conversations, it was eye-opening for him to see what her every day life was like. I'm not saying that it's right, but he clearly looked uncomfortable in her apartment.

FORT Fan

Amber's students could not have been on TV without parental consent - it looked like it was just part of her class and it was clear that the kids were not told exactly what was happening - meeting her in a big house, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2376642;
    In my opinion, Andy was less than impressed with Amber's apartment, ditzy friend, and the whole dog-peeing event. I think that even though they may have had some good conversations, it was eye-opening for him to see what her every day life was like. I'm not saying that it's right, but he clearly looked uncomfortable in her apartment.
    I thought the same thing. Another odd thing that bothered me was that just like before Amber and Andy's 1-on-1, her dress and shoes that she wore last night to the school seemed a bit too much...or should I say too little. After the classroom scene she seemed to have a difficult time sitting without that dress doing a "Britney Spears visual".

She seems to put too much effort into too much preparation to look good for Andy..not that looking good isn't important, she just seems to think about it too much.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2376642;
    I agree he looked very uncomfortable in her apartment. I really think it was the age factor that did it for him. It is obvious that they are both at different places in their lives. He probably didn't let Amber go sooner because he has to keep a certain number of girls each week and he probably liked her better than he did the girls that he let go.

I felt so bad for her during last night's episode though. She was on an emotional roller coaster w/thinking that her Aunt wasn't going to be there, then all of the sudden her Aunt showed up. If that was a trick by tptb, then I think it was pretty mean of them to do that!:nono

I think she was so shocked and blindsided when Andy let her go. But I think it is just the nature of the show. The bachelor has to show that he is "interested" in the remaining women, even if he had already made up her mind.

I felt so bad w/how upset she was. I think she was just reacting in the moment and was so distressed that she didn't realize how it would come off on TV. I do think she had every right to question Andy on why he let her go. Andy seemed to be knocked into reality when he saw how upset Amber was. With the other rose ceremonies the women didn't start crying until after they had said their goodbyes to Andy. I think he was surprised how emotional Amber was and he wasn't prepared for it. I think he will definitely have something planned out to say to the next girl that he lets go.

I have to say that I really like Amber and I think most of the time she handled herself w/class. There are a few moments where she didn't, but I can't imagine the strain and pressure these girls are under. I hope good things happen for her in her future. I feel so bad w/everything that is going on w/her job and everything. I wish her the best.

FORT Fan

I didn't quite like Amber, but I too felt bad for her after yesterday's show. Its hurtful enough not to have your parents by you side (know it from personal experience), and then her aunt also didn't want to come, though she finally did. I don't buy the age difference argument, it's not like he she turned 23 yesterday. Andy was not impressed with her apartment/roommate and exclaimed, "Its a sorority house". That pretty much killed her chances. I hope that Amber find someone else in her life.

About the rest of the girls, I'm not sure what Andy is thinking about marriage proposal at the end of the show. He is smitten with Tessa, but she is not into him. Danielle is a wallflower. Bevin also has skeletons in her closet - the divorce thing. I think Andy let some of the better girls leave the show early.

As an older woman, I did appreciate Andy for saying he wasn't "attracted to younger women". That being said, normally I do see why some people can lean toward dating much younger partners.Succesfully even. However I did see a huge generation gap in this date. Maybe it was clever or even biased editing, but the end result is the same. Not a match.
    Go Tigers!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I think Amber will be just fine, but it was very sad how everything went from bad to worse for her. That was tough to watch.

FORT Newbie

I actually felt a little bad for her even though I was never a fan of hers. It's funny, I always thought the age difference would get in the way & a while back I posted that here and a couple of people were convinced that tons of people marry 7 years apart and it's no big deal and were a little rude about it. I think the whole scene with Amber and her friend shows why it's a big deal. Maybe if she was 27 nd he was 34 it would be different, but 23 is YOUNG -- you're newly out of school, working at your 1st job, still acting a little crazy -- and you totally should do all of those things... that's what your early 20s are for, but it's a far cry from where he is and most other people are at 30 (or even their late 20s). She has nothing to be sorry for -- she didn't do anything wrong by joking with her girlfriend and all of that, but it wasn't right for a man so settled in his life. As for him knowing she was 23 all along... well, she acted differently with him on the dates -- she showed him what he wanted to see and this was the first time he saw more of the real Amber acting like herself and acting her age and the first time he realized what a big difference it is between your early 20s and where he is now... that's why her age became a factor.

It was sad to see Amber go, but once he heart he being called Ambie, and had flashbacks to college days, that was it. And even though he was gentleman enough to say it wasn't her family, I'll bet a small part of the equation was that her family didn't approve of him before they even met him, didn't care that it was important to Amber to even show up and even though the Aunt did come by. It wasn't enough. You know you aren't walking into a good, old-fashioned, supportive family. That is what Andy knows and that is what Andy wants.

I think Amber is more mature than her age but was not as close enough to what Andy needed as the older girls. I hope she does ok though.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2377113;
    I agree he looked very uncomfortable in her apartment. I really think it was the age factor that did it for him. It is obvious that they are both at different places in their lives. He probably didn't let Amber go sooner because he has to keep a certain number of girls each week and he probably liked her better than he did the girls that he let go.

I felt so bad for her during last night's episode though. She was on an emotional roller coaster w/thinking that her Aunt wasn't going to be there, then all of the sudden her Aunt showed up. If that was a trick by tptb, then I think it was pretty mean of them to do that!:nono

I think she was so shocked and blindsided when Andy let her go. But I think it is just the nature of the show. The bachelor has to show that he is "interested" in the remaining women, even if he had already made up her mind.

I felt so bad w/how upset she was. I think she was just reacting in the moment and was so distressed that she didn't realize how it would come off on TV. I do think she had every right to question Andy on why he let her go. Andy seemed to be knocked into reality when he saw how upset Amber was. With the other rose ceremonies the women didn't start crying until after they had said their goodbyes to Andy. I think he was surprised how emotional Amber was and he wasn't prepared for it. I think he will definitely have something planned out to say to the next girl that he lets go.

I have to say that I really like Amber and I think most of the time she handled herself w/class. There are a few moments where she didn't, but I can't imagine the strain and pressure these girls are under. I hope good things happen for her in her future. I feel so bad w/everything that is going on w/her job and everything. I wish her the best.

I felt sad and embarrassed for Amber too until I watched her Diary of the Departed on The Bachelor website in which she says, twice, that she expected (I'm paraphrasing) to make the F2. I wonder, was her goal to make it to the F2 rather than find the love of her life? Would she have been less upset if she was kept on for two more weeks and not chosen in the FRC (i.e., was this a contest for her)? Her comments were in stark contrast to those made by some of the other women who realized that it was not meant to be and sincerely wished Andy well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast