+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: The View - Andy on today!

  1. #11
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696
    I cant believe that the producers let him say they are engaged. Usually it's the focus of at least two episodes. with Meredith and Ian the whole engagement issue became the focus of her relationship with him. This is a significant issue because they usually like it to be a surprise. I think it means that it will be very hard for us to discern who he will choose and therefore they have dispensed with the suspense surrounding the engagement now in order to attract more viewers. The big surprise will be the final rose choice, not whether he gives her a ring or where he suggests she wear that ring (neck , right hand, or never).

    I have to hand it to Fleiss. It makes sense to me that a military man would be looking for a serious committment. Someone who could be deployed into danger on a moment's notice would typically want stability somewhere in his life. So his personal life is where that can happen. And I'd bet there is a much higher percentage of military men who are married by age 32 than civilians.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-30-2007 at 12:27 PM.

  2. #12
    His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    in the Garden!
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2304139;
    I thought it was cute. "Hi baby, I'm here!"

    And he did say that they DO get engaged.
    Thanks, Broadway and lildago and bugsme. This sounds promising... So Broadway, you did distinctively hear him say they get engaged? any other scoops?
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

  3. #13
    There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,683
    Pajamsam Maybe because of the "correct" outcome, this was a way to hype a show and quiet the skeptics. Doesn't impede us trying to figure out who gets the ring, but it does make us look closer for the romance.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  4. #14
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696
    Oh we'll figure it out alright. I am just preparing myself for the fact that it may be more difficult. If we hadnt had Moana's Myspace blogs it would have been much much more difficult last season. I mean - we all had a bit of difficulty seeing the attraction for Sarah S. That , combined with a lack of Moana blogs would have led me in another direction completely. If they can keep from spoiling it in some way - we may be totally split by the end. It is pretty neat that he really fell in love. It will make it more interesting for me, to watch the show. I'm buying what Fleiss is selling, what can I say.

  5. #15
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2304154;
    I cant believe that the producers let him say they are engaged. Usually it's the focus of at least two episodes. with Meredith and Ian the whole engagement issue became the focus of her relationship with him. This is a significant issue because they usually like it to be a surprise. I think it means that it will be very hard for us to discern who he will choose and therefore they have dispensed with the suspense surrounding the engagement now in order to attract more viewers. The big surprise will be the final rose choice, not whether he gives her a ring or where he suggests she wear that ring (neck , right hand, or never).

    This season may be reminisent of Byron & Mary. Once she came on the show it was a joy to watch the love story unfold. I don't think many people had any doubt that he would propose and Mary was his true love. Yes, they did try and fool us but there was no deneying the chemistry of those two. And now we have Dr. Andy gushing he's in love and engaged! It could be, after the promise rings of recent seasons, they are letting him gush on and on about it to let us know that there is a happy ending worth watching.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 03-30-2007 at 02:34 PM.

  6. #16
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972
    Well since he was gushing so much on the View this morning...hopefully
    we will get a LOVE story this time...would love to see that
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  7. #17
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696
    Just saw him on a local news segment live as well. He's really gushing about finding the love of his life. I love a man who is not afraid to show his feelings.

  8. #18
    There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,683
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2304203;
    Just saw him on a local news segment live as well. He's really gushing about finding the love of his life. I love a man who is not afraid to show his feelings.
    He did say in one of the early commercials that he is an emotional guy. This will make this season so much fun to watch as well as sleuth. YAY
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  9. #19
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362
    This is looking very promising!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  10. #20
    Who Dat lildago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,522
    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2304163;
    Thanks, Broadway and lildago and bugsme. This sounds promising... So Broadway, you did distinctively hear him say they get engaged? any other scoops?
    He was asked if he'd asked her to marry him. He answered "yes."


    ETA: He also said that his family approved of his choice. His sister who was in the audience nodded when asked.
    Last edited by lildago; 03-30-2007 at 01:27 PM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.