+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to ITALY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2304182;
    I thought I'd give my update on winning a weekly prize.. As I stated eariler, I thought I got my paperwork in too late, since I didn't hear back that I had indeed won. Well, guess what? This morning I found a large box on my porch and saw that it was addessed to me and said from the Bachelor!!!
    I was in a hurry to get to work this AM, but I did look through the contents and had a lot of good laughs at some of the things in this over inflated gift bag, but I can actually say I've won..... I don't think it's worth the taxes I'll have to pay, but in case JJ wants a cd set on how to learn Italian in 10 minutes a day.. I have a copy!! Plus a lot of other goodies including a 'mini' air brush gun to get the instant tan the bachelorettes seem to have! And what ever unknown reason that I can't figure, the "bigger" prize is a cd label maker, that looks a lot like the old timey label maker guns of the past! There's lots of dental hygiene products and T-shirts that would fit a 7 yr old (or a Bachelorette wanting to show off her 'assets'! :rolf
    Anyway... thought I'd share my fun news!
    Let me add my congrats, cg! I have a pair of jeans to go with your t-shirt. I can't imagine any adult who's ever eaten a plate of pasta fitting into those suckers. I remember when I won my gift bag a fellow FORTer who also had won and I shared a lot of laughs. She wrote me that she had received a prize that looked like a glass doorknob. Turns out, it was the decorative handle on a box containing a . . . . candle. I think that was "valued" at about $100 bucks. Some of my prizes were real tacky and appeared to be leftovers from the show--2 tester bottles of the same color of dirt brown nail polish, for example. Enjoy!

Bachelorette Blogger

Re: I'm going to ITALY!!!!!

Ok, I finally got pictures of my Bachelor Rome prize bag taken and uploaded. It's taken me forever

I was going to post a link to the photos at my website, but decided that might be against the rules, not sure, so decided not to do that. I'll just upload them here in several postings.

The gift is a lot of pampering type products--bath and body, makeup and the like. The learn Italian kit was funny as I recalled Lorenzo didn't even speak much Italian! The clothes were silly--the shirt that said "Your Boyfriend Wants Me" was too funny! The self tanning kit with the airbrush machine (which looks like a hair dryer) was too hilarious too, I can just see myself doing this

I sure wanted to try Gold Peak tea, but the coupons were expired

And the 2 sharpie pens were funny--they didn't seem to fit the overall theme, but?! Maybe the bachelorettes sat around marking up photos and head shots of the girls they couldn't stand on off-date days!

Here's a list of items:

The box showed up and included a letter from ABC and their marketing dept. about the prize and its value at $1340.28 !!

Opening the box I found a large black bag--huge duffle bag from The Bag Factory. (See pics following list below!) In most of the compartments were the following items:

• Tantalizer, body bronzing luminizer--2 of these--5.70 oz

• Soothe Your Soles, cleansing towlettes for your feet--5 of these

• Lotus lip balm, ginger lime coconut scent

• The Book of Questions Love & Sex by Gregory Stock, PHD

• Journal by Gold Peak

• Angelfish Designs, a piece of jewelry and note to congratulate a Bachelorette, with bikini jewelry made just for the Bachelor Rome--a "Ring Around the Rose" charm

• Smart Mouth, 24-hr fresh breath system--mint flavor, 2 bottles, 2 pump mouthwash

• Parissa, quick and easy wax strips for face/bikini, 8 2 sided strips. (OUCH!)

• Tantowl gift set of moisturizer (2 oz), 2 styles of self tan towlettes, moisturizer mist (2 oz)

• Back to Basics, pomegranate shower gel, 10 oz

• Tainted Love, body wash, says "Eager is my middle name!" 2 of these, 8.5 oz each

• Juvena of Switzerland renewing mask, 2.5 oz

• Marlies Moller, shiny hair spray, 4.2 oz

• Bag of Joey NY (pink/black) with lip gloss, CinnaMen "He's Into You"

• As Seen on TV--Finishing Touch Lumina Lighted Hair Removal (razor)

• Veet, hair removal cream, 5.1 oz

• Lotus, green tea pomegranate body balm, 1.6 oz

• Hard & Healthy Sun Shield, nail uv non-yellowing topcoat, .45 oz

• Maybelline Great Lash, blackest black

• Revlon fake eyelashes, "flirty style"

• 2-in-1 toothbrush and floss by Dr. Fresh

• Yves Rocher Parfum, Voile D'Ambre Eau de Parfum--2 of these, 1.7 oz

• Heat Response thermal protection conditioner, Graham Webb, 11 oz

• 3 expired coupons for Gold Peak tea

• Packaged set of Learning Italian books--Ciao Bella!

• T-Shirt tied up with red bow with a best wishes Bachelorette card. T-Shirt reads: "Don't Be Mean", One Size

• White tank top from Pink Cookies, design on front says "Love in Italy" and features a girl in a bikini, size Large

• Fred Flare item--a dress or a swimsuit cover, size Medium

• Physician Endorsed, reversible pink/flowered hat and sample of sunscreen along with a UV meter and anti-aging sun tips

• As Seen on TV, Airbrush Tanning at Home Salon Bronze kit

• Nailtini, nail lacquer, Vernis A Ongles, .50 oz

• Kathy Smith DVD, exercise--lift weights to lose weight, two 20 minute workouts

• CD of Raul Malo songs titled "You're Only Lonely"

• 2 mini sharpie pens (!? I wonder if an ABC intern lost some sharpies!)

• Celsius, an energy drink in bottle, lemon lime flavor, 12 oz

• Bag of Millstone coffee with a good luck Bachelorette banner

• Peroni Italy bag

• Peroni Italy sunglasses

• Tainted Love--bar of soap, says "Mistakes were made.."

• Fred Flare, blue/white tank top with cute buttons--star, nautical, red heart, size Medium

• Mary Phillips Designs, pink tee, One Size, says: "Your Boyfriend Wants Me."

• Hype brand totebag, includes a thong underwear piece and a necklace with an "H" in rhinestones

• As Seen on TV--Luma Tweeze, lighted tweezers w/ no-slip tips

• Set Good Hair for Bad Girls--Bad Hair Survival Kit by Steve Lococo, with texture, shine spray, anti-frizz smoothing glaze, firm hold shaping spray

• Drugstore.com bag

• Dreamtime inner peace eye pillow

• Bling Buds--pink rhinestone on the ear buds, to add "sparkle to your music"

• Alba Hawaiian kit--hairwash, conditioner, body wash, facial cleaner, moisture cream, body cream all in scents including papaya, passion fruit, jasmine, pineapple, honeydew and mango

• Dr. Fresh light up toothbrush

• Shut-Eye shade

• Airborne, dietary supplements

• Supersmile, whiter teeth solution

• Kiss My Face, face factor, moisturizer, 2 oz

Jenn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bachelorette Blogger

More Thumbnails of Bachelorette Bag Swag:

Bachelorette Blogger

Ok, I'm going to add in more thumbnails! These are amusing, click on them for a somewhat larger pic.

Jenn

Bachelorette Blogger

This is the last of the pics!

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by jennatlaw;2383307;
    This is the last of the pics!

Jenn
    Wow, Jennat some of that stuff looks fun! The expired coupons crack me up! How did you win the prize...did you sign up on abc?

Bachelorette Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by akb07;2386404;
    Wow, Jennat some of that stuff looks fun! The expired coupons crack me up! How did you win the prize...did you sign up on abc?
    I know, that was funny

Yes, I just played the Bachelor Rose Ceremony Game at ABC's The Bachelor website each week and made guesses as to who the bachelor (Dorky "Prince" Lorenzo would pick and got all weeks right but 1 where I was out of town and didn't get a chance to vote, so I guess one of the week's they drew my name. I'm normally not lucky at all with contests much, so I was really surprised when I won the bag! I've been watching The Bachelor since it first debuted with Alex and it's definitely my "guilty pleasure" so to speak Playing the game and sleuthing here with the fort is the best!

Jenn

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Wow! Thank you SO MUCH for taking pictures and giving all the details. How fun!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Very cool, Jennatlaw! Thank you for sharing the pictures of your prize with us.

A few of us here are in the contest for the Lake Tahoe trip or goodie bags this season! We are neck in neck at the lead!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Bachelorette Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2386940;
    Wow! Thank you SO MUCH for taking pictures and giving all the details. How fun!
    You're welcome It was fun going through the bag!

Jenn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast