+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to ITALY!!!!!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J.;2300730;
    Cafegirl, the person who contacted me was in NY as well. Back the mid of January I had gotten an email that said I was a "potential" grand prize winner and to fill out the paperwork. I did (only because back in the Byron show I won a goodie bag that I never got taxed for either). Jewelsy, the approx value for the trip it said was $4500. It wasn't til I posted that I actually heard back from the marketing company that ABC used. I was like you cafegirl when I first got the goodie bag from the Byron season. My husband was like, "don't you dare give out any personal information", so I don't blame you at all. You can never be too sure online anymore!
    Now, that I've heard of you, JJ and others winning this season, I think I may have been too cautious. Jewelsy, the goodie bag was valued at close to $1800.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2300622;
    Wow, I didn't even think of the tax consequences. How much are these gooie bags worth and what type of "stuff" do you get? I tried to look it up on ABC's site but couldn't find any information on it.
    Look here for the prizes from The Bachelor : Rome.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.;2300558;
    Hey Bama, so you had a good time in Italy?! Did you go to Sicily at all?

No, but I went to Capri and absolutely loved it. The Amalfi coast. Pompeii and Rome.

And I went to the Borghese gallery. Thank goodness the fine art there kept my mind off of PLo.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;2303173;
    No, but I went to Capri and absolutely loved it. The Amalfi coast. Pompeii and Rome.

And I went to the Borghese gallery. Thank goodness the fine art there kept my mind off of PLo.
    That's the one thing my husband was a little disappointed about that the trip was to Sicily. So we were thinking once we find out our exact travel dates that we could take the ferry/train to Vatican City. STILL waiting on their travel agent to contact us. Is that wrong that I'm impatient?

I thought I'd give my update on winning a weekly prize.. As I stated eariler, I thought I got my paperwork in too late, since I didn't hear back that I had indeed won. Well, guess what? This morning I found a large box on my porch and saw that it was addessed to me and said from the Bachelor!!!
    I was in a hurry to get to work this AM, but I did look through the contents and had a lot of good laughs at some of the things in this over inflated gift bag, but I can actually say I've won..... I don't think it's worth the taxes I'll have to pay, but in case JJ wants a cd set on how to learn Italian in 10 minutes a day.. I have a copy!! Plus a lot of other goodies including a 'mini' air brush gun to get the instant tan the bachelorettes seem to have! And what ever unknown reason that I can't figure, the "bigger" prize is a cd label maker, that looks a lot like the old timey label maker guns of the past! There's lots of dental hygiene products and T-shirts that would fit a 7 yr old (or a Bachelorette wanting to show off her 'assets'! :rolf
    Anyway... thought I'd share my fun news!

Yay, Cafegirl! Glad that you received your prize afterall!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

YAY Cafe!!!!! Most of the stuff from my goodie bag a few seasons ago was small too. Certianly not made for a Mom of 2 little ones that's for sure. Actually one of the tank tops that was in there, my 10 yr old wears now. How funny is that?! I remember there was 1 that was black and said "single" in pink on the front. My husband wasn't very fond of that one.

I'll take you up on that cd offer ....

wow cafegirl that 's great that you really did still get your prize!
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2304182;
    There's lots of dental hygiene products and T-shirts that would fit a 7 yr old (or a Bachelorette wanting to show off her 'assets'! :rolf
    Some of your prizes are hysterical, but you know how important it is to have good teeth and tight t-shirts when looking for that special guy.

Congratulations are definitely in order, though, Cafegirl. Have fun going through all the loot.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2304564;
    Some of your prizes are hysterical, but you know how important it is to have good teeth and tight t-shirts when looking for that special guy.

Congratulations are definitely in order, though, Cafegirl. Have fun going through all the loot.
    Rosekid, you are so right about having Shiny, white teeth.. lot's there. And for all those critiquing the eyebrows... those girls should have no excuses, if they get what I got........ A 'lighted' eyebrow tweezer AND if that's not enough there's a lighted facial hair remover!! .......... now where's their excuse when those thoughtful producers (and advertizers) think of everything!!) Did I mention that just incase the final 3 take the fantasy date seriously, there's a book titled "Sex and Love"!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast