+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to ITALY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.;2297720;
    Just waiting to hear back from the ABC travel agent. As soon as I find out I'll let everyone know.
    Thanks, JJ. Maybe, if you are at the same resort, you can take a picture of the "infamous" yellow wall - just to prove it does exist. In any case - I hope you have both a FUN and relaxing experience.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.;2297720;
    Just waiting to hear back from the ABC travel agent. As soon as I find out I'll let everyone know.
    While you are on the phone with them, ask for the 15 bachelorettes selected for the first night.

Have a wonderful time, JJ!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Congrats to the winners!

I actually just returned 2 days ago from Italy myself, on my own dime. I went to the Borghese gallery and fell in love . . . with the Berninis.

So, Zinnia and cafegirl, maybe this time a trip to Hawaii!

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;2299468;
    Congrats to the winners!

I actually just returned 2 days ago from Italy myself, on my own dime. I went to the Borghese gallery and fell in love . . . with the Berninis.

So, Zinnia and cafegirl, maybe this time a trip to Hawaii!
    I'd love it, but then again a gift bag would be nice. Anything at all would be nice.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    So, to qualify for these prizes, do you need to be playing the Rose Ceremony Game, 'cause I could get all kinds of excited with one of those gift bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2300302;
    So, to qualify for these prizes, do you need to be playing the Rose Ceremony Game, 'cause I could get all kinds of excited with one of those gift bags.
    Yes, you have to register for the RCG. However, when I won one of those giftie baggies during Jesse's season, the initial excitement wore off in a hurry when I saw the inflated estimated worth and the accompanying income tax.

Hey Bama, so you had a good time in Italy?! Did you go to Sicily at all?
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 03-28-2007 at 10:47 AM.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;2300464;
    Yes, you have to register for the RCG. However, when I won one of those giftie baggies during Jesse's season, the initial excitement wore off in a hurry when I saw the inflated estimated worth and the accompanying income tax.
    First of all........... Yay, yay, yay, if the trip is to Hawaii.. ..I'm in!

Now I have to make a confession, I received a letter from someone in NY who claimed I won a weekly prize from the Bachelor Rome back in Feb. I thought it was a possible hoax, but did email them back but their answers were still vague so I wasn't sure. I reluctantly got my offical form notorized and emailed to them on the deadline day, and guess what? Dumb me, thought the deadline was West coast time, not thinking about them being in NY and I missed the deadline! So, I was only mildly disappointed because after studying the contents of the 'goodie' bag, I too, thought the taxes for the inflated prizes might not be worth the products I was to receive.
    Anyway, the moral of this tale is ......... don't miss the deadline and read the fine print if you are contacted by the firm representing the Show.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;2300464;
    Wow, I didn't even think of the tax consequences. How much are these gooie bags worth and what type of "stuff" do you get? I tried to look it up on ABC's site but couldn't find any information on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2300622;
    Wow, I didn't even think of the tax consequences. How much are these gooie bags worth and what type of "stuff" do you get? I tried to look it up on ABC's site but couldn't find any information on it.
    Cafegirl, the person who contacted me was in NY as well. Back the mid of January I had gotten an email that said I was a "potential" grand prize winner and to fill out the paperwork. I did (only because back in the Byron show I won a goodie bag that I never got taxed for either). Jewelsy, the approx value for the trip it said was $4500. It wasn't til I posted that I actually heard back from the marketing company that ABC used. I was like you cafegirl when I first got the goodie bag from the Byron season. My husband was like, "don't you dare give out any personal information", so I don't blame you at all. You can never be too sure online anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast