+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Final thoughts on Lorenzo and Jen-Will they stay together?

FORT Fan
    Heck no it won't last! For all we know that "diamond" ring had cz in it, not a real stone. Perhaps the thought was if they really got engaged he could put a real stone in it.

Both were too empty headed and young for him anyway. He just made the best of the situation he was stuck in.

Will they stay together?

To quote Whitney Houston, hell to the no.
    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of.

FORT Fan
    No I do not think this relationship will last.I actually think Survivor has produced more long term relationships then the Bachelor. I for one would rather watch The Bachelorette so we can look at 25 guys.Meridith and Ian were my favorites even if the relationship was over after a year. But at least I felt there was romance and chemistry all along. Just do not see it with the Prince and Jen. I also prefer Bachelors who are in their 30's or 40's and the Bachelorettes they are choosing from to be in this age group. I get tired of watching only under 30 year olds on this show.Maybe I'm prejudice being a 51 year old Grandma.I'm not sure if I will watch the next season. I guess if I want to see a fantasy romance I should just watch a movie like "Pride and Prejudice",or watch Sawyer and Kate on "Lost".

FORT Newbie
    I get tired of watching only under 30 year olds on this show.Maybe I'm prejudice being a 51 year old Grandma.I'm not sure if I will watch the next season.
    I hear you on that!! (and I'm only 27!) These young girls, fresh out of college and university are still idealistic. They are missing the "Cut through the crap, are you a closet crossdresser?" conversations. Instead of "I could be the next princess!" dream, those of us in the know realize that the month after the fairytale wedding, the crown goes back to the jewelers and the prince really does expect you to pick his dirty underwear up from wherever he left it, and then wash and fold it. And if your are truly blessed, he will put his own clothes away.
    I don't think they will make it. The body language is very telling. I would be very surprised if it lasts six months. I find Jen's reason of having to wait until the school is over a bit weak. She took the begining of the year off to go to Rome, came back and now is off for a few days to do publicity. Must be a very forgiving school.
    I do wish them the best for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUIRREL;2160932;
    I hear you on that!! (and I'm only 27!) These young girls, fresh out of college and university are still idealistic. They are missing the "Cut through the crap, are you a closet crossdresser?" conversations. Instead of "I could be the next princess!" dream, those of us in the know realize that the month after the fairytale wedding, the crown goes back to the jewelers and the prince really does expect you to pick his dirty underwear up from wherever he left it, and then wash and fold it. And if your are truly blessed, he will put his own clothes away.
    I don't think they will make it. The body language is very telling. I would be very surprised if it lasts six months. I find Jen's reason of having to wait until the school is over a bit weak. She took the begining of the year off to go to Rome, came back and now is off for a few days to do publicity. Must be a very forgiving school.
    I do wish them the best for the future.

I agree that I would rather watch 25 men then women..especially considering the MAJORITY of people that watch this show are women!!! Hello Fleiss - take NOTE of this please!

Also I have stated as well MANY times.. I would rather see 30-50+yr olds on the show then 20yr olds. If Fleiss thinks that there wouldn't be drama with older women he is surely mistaken. He will get plenty of that. I guess he thinks we 30yr old + don't want to walk around in itsy bitsy bikinis lol. As a 32yr old myself (ALMOST 33) I would love to see more mature and experience women as front runners. You could tell with Mary (from Byron) what a big age gap brings. Mary was way more experienced and mature. Not that 20yr olds cannot be mature - I was that age once too lol .. but there is definitely a big difference with life experience. Ya know that saying that Grandma's and Mother's say all the time "i have lived more and experienced more" blah blah blah .. I never understood that until I grew up myself! TOTALLY is true. I am nowhere near the same person I was at 22. NO WAY! Much more defined and experienced.

And also, I have noticed many people posting are much older then 20. A lot much older then myself! So I give props to the older gals and respect their experienced opinions!

OK - enough ranting lol

Yes, if it is meant to be --"bone of my bone" "flesh of my flesh"!

Jen was not looking for a mate. Her mom, of all people, told her to go on. So she really was not focused in "looking".

Sometimes, that is when people find their Soul Mates.

She might have just found her "Adam in the Garden of Eden"
    Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. proverbs 31:10

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2160794;
    That might be a good new tagline for Fleiss: "The Bachelor: Now Filming our Eleventh Season Without an Injury." Closest we came was when Kelly Jo barely restrained herself from shoving Bob off the cliff.
    Wouldn't that be good advertising though? "Guaranteed to not break any bones, free trip, lots of face time (if you're lucky enough of slutty enough) and a chance to make out with some guy who (if you're lucky) doesn't look like Blob." Girls sign up please... if you dare!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Regular

final thoughts

One of the things I liked most about “Lorenzo and Jen” is that their relationship in Rome seemed the most “real” to me. Although we didn’t get many glimpses during short edits I really felt that the two of them achieved a level of intimacy and connection across their several dates that we just did not see in his connection with Sadie. I believed Lorenzo when he said his goal is to find one woman that he can spend the rest of his life with. While I think he had strong feelings toward Jen I also think he doesn’t have any illusions with respect to the distinction between fantasy and reality. I believe he truly made a commitment to Jen to explore feelings experienced during their whirlwind romance in the context of the reality of two people leading separate lives in separate cities. While the woman who becomes Lorenzo’s life partner will ultimately need to be with him in New York, I am very happy that this is not the first step for the two of them. My gut tells me that he will take the commitment he made to Jen seriously. Whether they will ultimately become life partners remains to be seen. They certainly have a difficult road ahead of them—I doubt it will be without their fair share of relationship bumps. Lorenzo did appear to be a bit awkward in the interviews I’ve seem him do with Jen. But for some reason this really hasn’t surprised me. In fact I think it is keeping with his description of himself as somebody who is not comfortable with PDA and his confession that he likes to express affection behind closed doors. I hope he is! LOL

It's been a great season (I am glad I found this board). I loved Lorenzo and think it will be tough to top his awkward charm and imperfections...

FORT Fan
    Well, I am still hoping that these two do make it. I think they make a cute couple and I hope they weather through all of this media crap and start to "date" like normal people.

FORT Fan
    Peaches and Cream,

You summed it up nicely!

+ Reply to Thread