+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Omg....amazing, Putting Myself Out There

FORT Newbie

Omg....amazing, Putting Myself Out There

IF I had to hear the word AMAZING one more time, I was gonna barf....Jen must have "put herself out there"twenty times last night, and Sadie said "amazing"....let's see.....fifty times....other options....

fabulous
    wonderful
    mind-boggling
    fantastic
    terrific
    breathtaking
    awesome
    stupendous
    supercalifragilisticexpialidos ious

to all of them.....cultivate a vocabulary....they have a wonderful economy with words...syllables...all two of them....

And remember, she's teaching your children! And going for her Masters'!

Jennifer is Jennifer and there's nothing wrong with that. Or with her.
    Sadie is more eloquent in how she handles situations and such and that may be attributed to her PR background. They're different girls altogether.

The choosing of one girl over the other doesn't mean there is anything bad about either girl. If anything, with the two hour decision made by Lorenzo, it shows HE has a problem with his relationship with the girls: both of them.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by pieceowork;2159404;
    IF I had to hear the word AMAZING one more time, I was gonna barf........
    Drinking helped
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by pieceowork;2159404;
    to all of them.....cultivate a vocabulary....they have a wonderful economy with words...syllables...all two of them....
    Remember that most of those interview quotes are read off of cue cards - a lot of them are virtually word-for-word repetitions of things said by past contestants. They probably said original things, but Fleiss didn't like the way they came across, so he reverted to the cue card footage.

Jen may be a classic gigglebunny, but no one believes that she could pull so many "amazings" and "journeys" out of the air on her own.

But, hey, remember that Andrew had a vocabulary of mostly "amazing" and "fabulous".

Maybe ABC should include a thesaurus in the gift bags!

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2159536;
    Remember that most of those interview quotes are read off of cue cards - a lot of them are virtually word-for-word repetitions of things said by past contestants. They probably said original things, but Fleiss didn't like the way they came across, so he reverted to the cue card footage.

Jen may be a classic gigglebunny, but no one believes that she could pull so many "amazings" and "journeys" out of the air on her own.
    So true. Hands down true. No question there are cue cards during some snippets/segments.

OMG, I couldn't agree with the original poster more! 'The Bachelor' so overuses this word, its incredible.

How can all these women be so amazing? Whats so freaking amazing about them anyway? To be honest I'm not sure I know one person that I would seriously call 'amazing'. Maybe I'm not that easily impressed !

Please next time, try some synonyms, please!
    Rozzie

What we need here is for Fleiss to steal some new keywords from other popular reality shows in order to revitalize the show and provide the opportunity for new cue cards to be printed. Maybe create a new minimum wage job opportunity at Fleiss' company for some poor wannabe actor.

I think he should definitely steal "throwing under the bus" from "Big Brother". For example at Rose Ceremonies, instead of Larry giving out red roses to the ones he wanted to keep, he could have just listed the losers' names and told them in one fell swoop that he was "throwing them under the bus". So much more expedient, so much more time left over to show all the amazing journeys and amazing connections with the leftover girls!

Another expression he could appropriate would be "under the radar". On "Survivor" and "Big Brother", it's been used to death, but on "The Bachelor" I see new possibilities for "under the radar". Coke could have said "I was under the radar, for most of the show except all the times I was trying to get attention by mentioning my virginity."

Another beloved "Big Brother" expression is "scumbagging". If you don't know what it means, fear not, I shall explain. Scumbagging is when when you tell someone you won't backstab them (incidentally "backstab" is another great term that could be well suited for this show), you lull them into this false sense of security only to completely blindside them with a vote for eviction/no rose/vote off the island, at the last second. Larry did in fact scumbag some of the bachelorettes, like Jeanette and Coke. Why not start calling things by a more accurate and descriptive name and liven up that ye olde Bachelor vocabulary?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2165402;
    What we need here is for Fleiss to steal some new keywords from other popular reality shows in order to revitalize the show and provide the opportunity for new cue cards to be printed. Maybe create a new minimum wage job opportunity at Fleiss' company for some poor wannabe actor.

I think he should definitely steal "throwing under the bus" from "Big Brother". For example at Rose Ceremonies, instead of Larry giving out red roses to the ones he wanted to keep, he could have just listed the losers' names and told them in one fell swoop that he was "throwing them under the bus". So much more expedient, so much more time left over to show all the amazing journeys and amazing connections with the leftover girls!

Another expression he could appropriate would be "under the radar". On "Survivor" and "Big Brother", it's been used to death, but on "The Bachelor" I see new possibilities for "under the radar". Coke could have said "I was under the radar, for most of the show except all the times I was trying to get attention by mentioning my virginity."

Another beloved "Big Brother" expression is "scumbagging". If you don't know what it means, fear not, I shall explain. Scumbagging is when when you tell someone you won't backstab them (incidentally "backstab" is another great term that could be well suited for this show), you lull them into this false sense of security only to completely blindside them with a vote for eviction/no rose/vote off the island, at the last second. Larry did in fact scumbag some of the bachelorettes, like Jeanette and Coke. Why not start calling things by a more accurate and descriptive name and liven up that ye olde Bachelor vocabulary?
    Great ideas!
    He also needs to try out some new twists and formulas. This winner standing on the right or loser getting out of the limo first stuff is past it's expiration date. Why watch? This season the screen caps gave everything away so easily so early on, you wanted to think this couldn't be right.
    They need a Bachelors All Star's where they have the audience and the bachelorettes pick out a bachelor amoungst maybe 3-5 bachelors(like Byron's season) and then let us(public) vote in our list of 25 bachelorettes from past seasons(like last season's BB) I would love to see Trish and Erica as room mates.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

+ Reply to Thread