+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 195 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

Re: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2489338;
    Okay, just when I start to think, well maybe Blandy Randy is going to use good sense and concentrate on building a great relationship with Tessa, you have to go and remind me of his apparently limitless level of fame-whoreness! ... So I'm officially still on the fence about whether his Tessa love is going to be able to bolster his finer qualities or whether the aspects of him that I really don't trust -- overly ego-driven and overly goal-driven, in my opinion -- are going to win out in the end.

(And, yeah, I know, Tessa has to have fame whore in her too, since she went on the show. But everybody has some of that. I doubt that there'd be all these pictures "leaking" out if she were in this relationship with somebody who only had her level of it. Seems like we saw quite a bit less of this kind of after-press with Trista and Ryan, Andrew and Jen, and Meredith and Ian, or maybe I'm just being memory-challenged. )
    The man who posed on eBay bare-chested wearing white ankle socks to sell a stupid bike, shall not be forgotten. He may preside over charity events for the less fortunate, 'cause there's a shortage of legit celebrities willing to do the small time stuff, I get it. He can arrange for "accidental" photo opportunities to showcase... well, I'm not sure exactly what, except his own excellent self, but he's still the guy who has too many teeth and they're all too white and he went on a cheesy dating show posing as a caricature of himself because supposedly he couldn't drum up a date the old fashioned way. Yeah, right. Meanwhile, I'm still wondering whether he's got a battery pack somewhere in his back. Healer of the sick and all that. Push the right button and he smiles... right into the camera.

As for his thing with Tessa. Eh. She seemed somewhat smart at the outset, but then again, she did go in this show too. I give them another three months because I'm feeling generous today.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by nyua;2489663;
    The difference with Andy and the other bachelor/bachelorettes is that he already had a semi private/public persona.

Being a triathelete and a winner of various awards (humanitarian, all american or otherwise), he was already known to the press. Since he still competes and has sponsors (who only sponsor you if they can get some name recognition for their products) it is not out of his norm that he would still generate publicity.

Tessa is now part of that world.

As an aside, you don't get to be co-chair of a charity event if there is not an expectation that you can deliver donations.

Also, all of his publicity is generated from the same things that generated interest prior to his being "The Bachelor" except he is now on our radar too. Take a quick look at the cover of magazines he was on prior to this show. He is not doing anything out of his norm.

Marjory
    I agree it is us who now knwow the name of Andy Baldwin, The triathlon world has known him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2489682;
    The man who posed on eBay bare-chested wearing white ankle socks to sell a stupid bike, shall not be forgotten. He may preside over charity events for the less fortunate, 'cause there's a shortage of legit celebrities willing to do the small time stuff, I get it. He can arrange for "accidental" photo opportunities to showcase... well, I'm not sure exactly what, except his own excellent self, but he's still the guy who has too many teeth and they're all too white and he went on a cheesy dating show posing as a caricature of himself because supposedly he couldn't drum up a date the old fashioned way. Yeah, right. Meanwhile, I'm still wondering whether he's got a battery pack somewhere in his back. Healer of the sick and all that. Push the right button and he smiles... right into the camera.

As for his thing with Tessa. Eh. She seemed somewhat smart at the outset, but then again, she did go in this show too. I give them another three months because I'm feeling generous today.
    LOL at the feeling generous today. I then thought you need to keep giving them more months since they are together and have defied the odds of many naysers already. 2 months since FRC and 4 months since the end of taping.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2489640;
    As I recall, Meredith and Ian made a bigger splash initially but they went off of the public radar faster than Andy and Tessa. They had a cover story in US magazine, and were smaller items on other major magazine covers. Ian was interviewed in Brazilian magazines. Their new apartment was featured on some tv celebrity interview type show as well as in a main stream magazine like People. There were even photo shoots of the two of them modelling at more than one fashion show. I remember that Ian looked sort of bemused. There were at least two other articles about windsurfing trips including photos. One was of those was in the Caribbean. And that's what I can remember! They were all over the place but it died off after about three months. I think.
    pajamasam

Thank you for remembering all the magazine articles. Now I would love for Andy and Tessa to do that many and those magazines.

How long did they last together?

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2489338;
    Okay, just when I start to think, well maybe Blandy Randy is going to use good sense and concentrate on building a great relationship with Tessa, you have to go and remind me of his apparently limitless level of fame-whoreness! ... So I'm officially still on the fence about whether his Tessa love is going to be able to bolster his finer qualities or whether the aspects of him that I really don't trust -- overly ego-driven and overly goal-driven, in my opinion -- are going to win out in the end.

(And, yeah, I know, Tessa has to have fame whore in her too, since she went on the show. But everybody has some of that. I doubt that there'd be all these pictures "leaking" out if she were in this relationship with somebody who only had her level of it. Seems like we saw quite a bit less of this kind of after-press with Trista and Ryan, Andrew and Jen, and Meredith and Ian, or maybe I'm just being memory-challenged. )
    I just thought of something after reading the names you listed.

The two couples that lasted the longest did two shows.

Trista did the Bachelor then became the Bachelorette.

Mary did one Bachelor show, then came after the start the second time.

What does that mean, were they there just for the publicity or to find love?

How much longer do these couple need to last before they made a mistake and it was not real and it will never last. Many relationships do not last as long as these two already.

Quote Originally Posted by sulian;2482199;
    I was under the impression that Andy is doing the same things that he has always done. It's just that we are aware of him now. As for Tessa, since she is with him it makes sense that she would be there too. I can't see where his patterns have changed that much. It is WE who have suddenly noticed him.
    I agree, Andy has been in the spot light before. We did not notice.

He has sponsors, He has charities. All of these have been public before the Bachelor.

Tessa know is with Andy so she is public as well. Being Andy's choice, racing with him, opens Tessa to the athletic world that do not watch the Bachelor.
    Last edited by MomLady; 07-26-2007 at 12:53 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sulian;2482199;
    I was under the impression that Andy is doing the same things that he has always done. It's just that we are aware of him now. As for Tessa, since she is with him it makes sense that she would be there too. I can't see where his patterns have changed that much. It is WE who have suddenly noticed him.
    I totally agree with you Sulian. I think they have been much less in the limelight than any other successful couple. Never have they been to a "premiere" or "LA party or hotspot" and been photographed as every other Bachelor couple has done. All their pictures have been them doing their own thing with someone finding out and taking pictures. Andy himself said that he did not call TMZ(or whoever shot them) to tell them were he and Tessa were for the beach pictures. I highly doubt these fundraisers have been big media events that Andy has "sought out". They are celebraties in Hawaii and so were he goes, for the mean time, is where the cameras go. I'm sure there is not much local news in his area so it's him for now.

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2490596;
    I totally agree with you Sulian. I think they have been much less in the limelight than any other successful couple. Never have they been to a "premiere" or "LA party or hotspot" and been photographed as every other Bachelor couple has done. All their pictures have been them doing their own thing with someone finding out and taking pictures. Andy himself said that he did not call TMZ(or whoever shot them) to tell them were he and Tessa were for the beach pictures. I highly doubt these fundraisers have been big media events that Andy has "sought out". They are celebraties in Hawaii and so were he goes, for the mean time, is where the cameras go. I'm sure there is not much local news in his area so it's him for now.
    Someone must be calling the photographers.

Especially for the 5 obligated media events. After that, I wonder if it is photographers wanting to get paid for taking pictures. I did not go back to see if some of the later pictures are by the same people or not.

I think the Hawaiian people want to know about them. They get asked and they do it. I do not think they go seeking interviews. One of the interviews the interviewer said they had to wait to get them (paraphrasing).

The latest charity on July 21st was to benefit the Aloha Medical mission and Project Shine (?). Andy was involved with the Aloha Medical mission before he became the Bachelor.

I would think twice if he were to stop after the Bachelor, instead of continue as he did in the past.

If Andy draws in more money, all that better for the charities.

I do not see any losers.

Andy found his love.

Tessa found a man to fill a void she did not even know she had.

The charities and the recipients of those charities Andy participates in are the real winners.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2490615;

Especially for the 5 obligated media events. After that, I wonder if it is photographers wanting to get paid for taking pictures. I did not go back to see if some of the later pictures are by the same people or not.

I think the Hawaiian people want to know about them. They get asked and they do it. I do not think they go seeking interviews. One of the interviews the interviewer said they had to wait to get them (paraphrasing).

The latest charity on July 21st was to benefit the Aloha Medical mission and Project Shine (?). Andy was involved with the Aloha Medical mission before he became the Bachelor.

I would think twice if he were to stop after the Bachelor, instead of continue as he did in the past.

I do not see any losers.

Andy found his love.

The charities and the recipients of those charities Andy participates in are the real winners.
    BRAVO!

The L.A. area is virtually crawling with paparazzi. 9 out of 10 people in that area most likely have camera phones. The competition is fierce, especially with all the celebra-trash either in jail or rehab.

Andy has brought the sport of triathlon to the forefront. Inspiring people to become physically fit.

He has helped raise funds to provide medical care to those who would otherwise go without; and then he helps provide that care free of charge.

If there are people who condemn him for that I am not going to belittle or insult them . For the life of me I can't imagine what their values are.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2490615;

I do not see any losers.

Andy found his love.

Great post Momlady!

IMO Andy is doing what he has always been doing. We would not be in the know about his, if he had not been on the show. Since he has done the show, the paps are going to be all over him, that is what they do best stalk people who have been on tv. IMHO
    The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of what they have.

FORT Fogey

The new In Touch magazine has an article on Andy and Tessa stating that he reproposed on July 7 and gave Tessa a traditional Hawaiian gold band. How romantic!!

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2491220;
    The new In Touch magazine has an article on Andy and Tessa stating that he reproposed on July 7 and gave Tessa a traditional Hawaiian gold band. How romantic!!
    TNmomof4,

Thanks for posting

Andy proposing must be so special since there is no need to do it. The show is over and this is real life.

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2491220;
    That's great to hear, thanks TN. I would expect a re-proposal if I were Tessa good for them. This is a great sign that they're "going the distance". Does anybody know about this tradition? Is this a plain band and would the wedding band go on the same hand?

I wonder how many of us googled Hawaiian wedding band? Anyway, the bands have eteched designs on them, more flowery than anything else.
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

+ Reply to Thread