+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

Re: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2447106;
    When someone says ILY in response to me saying ILY, I usually assume it is understood they mean it the same way that I do, unless I am told otherwise. If I tell a friend ILY, I know they know how I mean it, or I don't say it. When I tell my husband ILY, I know he knows how I mean it.

Yes, there are different levels of ILY, but they are still very strong words. If there is room for interpretation of the "type" of love, then it either needs to be clarified immediately, or just not said at all. Especially if the recipient is on another level.

But, I am going to go out on a limb and assume HDA was not making out with those crew members before, during and after he said it. I am also going to go out on a limb and assume that those crew members were not "in love" with HDA and knew there was only ONE way to interpret what he meant.

I think we need to keep in mind that Bevin did not see the dates and interaction with Tessa. All she knew was what HDA was telling her. We can sit her and say what HDA had with Bevin pales in comparison to what he had with Tessa, but Bevin did not know what was going on with A/T.

HDA was, afterall, "contractually obligated" not to let her know. Right?

If you go back and re-read the show discussion thread for the fantasy dates and the finale, you will find that many viewers, even here on FORT thought the final dates with Bevin was . Granted, it was "Fleissed", but there was some footage of them being "into" each other on that last date.

So, showing raw emotion and heartache is not "gracious"? I think it was an easier let down for Danielle b/c she did not share feelings with HDA on the same level as Bevin did. I really like Danielle, but I don't think we can really compare their exits as on the same level. I thought Bevin handled herself in a very graceful manner given the circumstances. It is Fleiss's fault that Bevin had to be strung along through the bitter end, but it is Andy's fault that he took the "stringing along" part of it to another level.
    Question: What does HDA mean? Just curious. Also I don't want to beat the dead horse anymore about Andy/Tessa/Bevin but to say that Bevin said she knew before the FRC. I have no reason to doubt Bevin and will take her at her word. I think if Bevin took the I love you as her fans say she had, then she wouldn't have known before FRC that it wasn't her. That is what I think and am not sure any of us are going to change our minds on this. I just wish them all well, Tessa and Andy love together, and for Bevin for her to find her Mr. Right in whatever endeavor she is persueing.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by sulian;2446885;
    I would say that any show that has you sign a contract agreeing to possibly being embarrassed, humiliated, etc etc. certainly should put you in the frame of mind that that is exactly what may happen. I think Andy did a great job softening the blows to the girls who were being sent home. Naturally, Bevin got the brunt of it, but that is the way it goes with the F2. It IS embarrassing, it IS a rejection, no way around that. That is the premise of the show. I think Andy hated that part as much as we all did, even us Tessa lovers. AND, unless we know exactly what the editing was, we have no way of know just how much or how little Bevin was led on. How much was due to Andy, and how much was in her imagination. Too many voice overs that came from odd times and places. To blame it on Andy and not the producers of the show really isn't fair.

I like the way you said this. I learned a lot about the show through this board, and it's interesting.

Andy will owe the Navy "payback" time for the years of medical school they put him through. That in addition to his original ROTC commitment. I would not be surprised if he decides to stay longer, then "retire" and go on to his second medical career possibly in his hometown. Remember too, he indicated he might be interested in NASA!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2447410;
    I wasn't aware anyone is blaming Andy for Bevin being f2.. What I personally blame him for is the way he went about choosing f1 / rejection of
    f2. NOT the fact that Bevin didn't win. These people are adults, so they'll do what they do, but if my daughter were treated that way by some young man, I'd have a few words.
    Bingo, it is not about Bevin did/did not win his heart it is about the way he treated Bevin, with the ILY, look at my watch, ILY but I was not in love with you but is there anything you want to say (to stroke my ego), etc. Actually, Bevin is lucky she is where she is. I've said it before and I will say it again for the last time, I wish no ill will to T/A, I just don't like A and have nothing against T.
    Last edited by lildago; 06-21-2007 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2447410;
    I wasn't aware anyone is blaming Andy for Bevin being f2.. What I personally blame him for is the way he went about choosing f1 / rejection of
    f2. NOT the fact that Bevin didn't win. These people are adults, so they'll do what they do, but if my daughter were treated that way by some young man, I'd have a few words.
    In real life,

I would be extremely disappointed in my son if he treated a woman badly. Hopefully he does not do a show like the Bachelor that good morals are out the window for the sake of making a show.

I would be extremely upset if my daughter was treated badly by a man. Hopefully she does not do a show like the Bachelor that encourages you to throw morals out the window and that the guy has to lead you on.

Saying that, I am glad that some of the people do keep their morals. Even Andy there were seasons I just did not watch, because I thought it was so bad.

I met Andy tonight at my husband's business function. I was sitting one row behind him and was a bit self-conscious about approaching him, but I did anyway because he was heading in our direction after it ended. Some joker made a comment to him about how my husband was just a few feet away. Andy kind of smirked but I could tell he thought it was uncalled for - after all, I approached him first. I told him I was the one who made the comment "he's taken" that led to some laughs during the event after the emcee said all of the ladies will be trying to talk to Lt. Baldwin during the business "networking." At one point the emcee was saying they should put a spotlight on him because "he's the bachelor" to which he promptly responded with "not anymore!" Anyway, he was very pleasant and acted the same way he did on the show. You know, the way he grins and his mannerisms, etc. Although we were interrupted many times, we managed to communicate a bit. He told me Tessa was coming to Hawaii tomorrow (Friday). I didn't ask if she was moving yet or if it was just a visit because I didn't want to pry. Actually, what led to him telling me this was my comment that I really hope things go well with the two of them. I had to throw in my two cents about how I chose Tessa from the start since she was "hapa" and I sensed he was going to like that (I know, I was biased, but we all choose our favorites in different ways). He said "Oh yeah, hapa". He said hapas are so beautiful and they must have known what type of woman he likes. My husband asked about how he feels about the sudden fame and he said he still doesn't understand the people who get all giddy and excited to see him. He said "I'm still me" and he hasn't changed. I can't remember everything he said or even what I said, but that was the main focus of our two-part conversation. We took a picture with him even though I have never been much for pictures with "celebrities." I know part of the reason was super silly on my part. It had to do with his height because he is shorter than I thought he'd be. I wanted to stand next to him since with my 2-inch heels, I was about 5' 9 1/2" and my husband is 5' 9". I am guessing he is about 5' 10". (I have to see the pictures after my husband's co-worker emails them to us). Not that he is short or anything (5' 9" is the average height of a man) or that it matters - it's just that he looked much taller on TV. I remember leaning over to my husband and whispering that the women on the show must have been on the shorter side.
    Last edited by Sharrhys; 06-22-2007 at 08:37 AM.

Sharrhys

Thank you for sharing your experience meeting Andy.

What is a "hapa"?

If there is any news reporting, may you give us the info. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2448435;
    Sharrhys

Thank you for sharing your experience meeting Andy.

What is a "hapa"?

If there is any news reporting, may you give us the info. Thanks in advance.

I think I recall from previous conversations/reports that "hapa" refers to someone of mixed ethnicity and/or exotic, like Tessa. Some use the word "mutt" as well which is a word that hasn't been rec'd well by some folks.

I could be wrong but I think that's what I remember.

hapa means of mixed race. My kids are hapas. I thought Andy was a least 6'.
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

Is hapa for any mixed race or specific ones?

I thought that Tessa may have been going to Vegas this weekend.

Also, I thought Tessa was to be in Hawaii, the following week. The week of the July 1st for July 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2448491;
    Is hapa for any mixed race or specific ones?
    A quick google search of hapa brought me to a website that says it's "A resource index site relating to the eurasian, biracial, multiracial, amerasian, mixed asian, blasian, hafu, half asian, and hapa. The site provides a place to discuss and share information on the racial and ethnic diversity found in the partial asian and pacific islander heritage. Hapas derives from the Hawaiian word Hapa which derived from the English word Half. The Hawaiian dictionary defines Hapa as: of mixed blood, person of mixed blood, as hapa Hawai'i, part Hawaiian. The word has been used to describe somebody who is Hapa(half/part) popolo(black), haole(white), pake(chinese), kolea(korean), pilipino(filipino), kepani(japanese), kamoa(samoan), sepania(spanish), and so on. "

+ Reply to Thread