+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 195 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

Re: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

That's great, but I think enough is enough.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

As far as I'm concerned, Andy is nothing more or less than a guy who decided to go on national TV as the Bachelor. That's it. Whatever his motivations might have been (many or few), I have no honest idea. I can speculate, and I do.

On any given day, I might think he's the biggest jerk to have ever utilized oxygen, or I may find him totally altruistic. The truth, I realize, is likely to lie somewhere in between. The guy is human, he has flaws, and he also has positive points.

He's just a guy. Unfortunately for him, he chose to be on a national TV show, and while I don't know his reasons for so doing, I do know it makes him a fair target for both the praise and scorn I elect to bestow upon him at any given moment.

That's just the way it is.

I don't feel compelled (as I oscillate, or even dare to not think about him at all) to talk anyone else into seeing my point of view, because there's no actual facts to base my point of view on. I can dream of whatever, heaven sent or evil, that might have inspired him, and there's an equal chance I've hit on the crux of the matter.

I'll never know. So, at this point, it's all just speculation and my observations. That's just fine. Andy, along with everyone else on his season, entertained me for a few weeks. That's all I really ask of them.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleBug;2446168;
    In my book Andy would have been a tool regardless of whom he picked. His loose lips sunk his ship as far as my opinion goes. He crossed some very fine lines in dealing with the ladies of the show. He requires too much ego stroking for my tastes.
    I agree, he definitely has a ego stroking problem. No matter how you look at it he convinced two women he loved them, and one he was only saying I Love You but forgot to tell her but I'm not in love with you. Oh, just forgot that huh

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2446750;
    I agree, he definitely has a ego stroking problem. No matter how you look at it he convinced two women he loved them, and one he was only saying I Love You but forgot to tell her but I'm not in love with you. Oh, just forgot that huh
    You actually made me laugh, I guess all the Bachelors should be held in disdain..Let's see Alex convinced Trista he was in love with her, Aaron convinced Brooke that he was in love with her, Meredith convinced poor Matt that she was in love him, Lorenzo convinced my girl Sadie that he was in love with her, Oh yes let me not forgot Byron convincing whatever her name was that he was in love with her......This is a REALITY show were you may or may not fall in love in the end, but all parties know what they are getting into, some will leave broken hearted this has been repeated on every Bachelor series thus far and I don't think it's going to change......Andy has restored my faith in this bachelor series.......

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;2446791;
    You actually made me laugh, I guess all the Bachelors should be held in disdain..Let's see Alex convinced Trista he was in love with her, Aaron convinced Brooke that he was in love with her, Meredith convinced poor Matt that she was in love him, Lorenzo convinced my girl Sadie that he was in love with her, Oh yes let me not forgot Byron convincing whatever her name was that he was in love with her......This is a REALITY show were you may or may not fall in love in the end, but all parties know what they are getting into, some will leave broken hearted this has been repeated on every Bachelor series thus far and I don't think it's going to change......Andy has restored my faith in this bachelor series.......
    Very well said. He worked within the premise of the show. Anybody that applies for this show KNOWS that somebody is going to be F2, convinced they are F1 and hurt. That's just the way it is. Andy at least had honest emotions for these women and I think he genuinely felt bad for hurting them. But in the end he was there to find who he felt could be his "soulmate". That's what impressed me.

We need other bachelors that are as sincere in their search for true love or at least wanting to come away in a committed relationship.

I think there is a major difference between Andy and the previous "stars" of the show, and that difference has been beaten to a bloody pulp. It was not necessary as part of the show to utter those words to Bevin.

And for him to say that he didn't mean it "that" way is what has made so many upset with him. If he didn't mean it "that" way, don't say it at all. He had an easy way out to respond to Bevin's ILYs...simply say "I wish I could tell you what I am feeling, but I just can't"...it has worked for the previous 9 seasons.

Andy didn't, IMO cross a "fine" line...he emphatically jumped across a very clear, thickly drawn line.

Do those three little words take away from his charity work or good deed....absolutely not. But, it also does not give him a free pass. Many people see him as arrogant and egotistical. Those personality traits are not mutually exclusive from being charitable. Look at the Hollywood scene...many celebrities do wonderful things for many charities. And, many of those same celebrities are very narcissists and have less than desirable personalities. One does not excuse the other.

I think HDA has learned to love the spotlight. Just like the girls on the show talk about the shock of going back to the real world and how hard it often it, I believe HDA is going to have a tough time when his light begins to fade.

Maybe Tessa and he will actually last, but I will not be surprised when/if I see the "break-up" blurb in US Weekly.

You forgot one little thing, none of them told two people to their face "I Love You" there lies the answer. I really don't happen to think it is funny, it is rather sad and speaks of Andy's character.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-24-2007 at 09:28 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by koolangel;2446851;
    Very well said. He worked within the premise of the show. Anybody that applies for this show KNOWS that somebody is going to be F2, convinced they are F1 and hurt. That's just the way it is. Andy at least had honest emotions for these women and I think he genuinely felt bad for hurting them. But in the end he was there to find who he felt could be his "soulmate". That's what impressed me.

We need other bachelors that are as sincere in their search for true love or at least wanting to come away in a committed relationship.
    I would say that any show that has you sign a contract agreeing to possibly being embarrassed, humiliated, etc etc. certainly should put you in the frame of mind that that is exactly what may happen. I think Andy did a great job softening the blows to the girls who were being sent home. Naturally, Bevin got the brunt of it, but that is the way it goes with the F2. It IS embarrassing, it IS a rejection, no way around that. That is the premise of the show. I think Andy hated that part as much as we all did, even us Tessa lovers. AND, unless we know exactly what the editing was, we have no way of know just how much or how little Bevin was led on. How much was due to Andy, and how much was in her imagination. Too many voice overs that came from odd times and places. To blame it on Andy and not the producers of the show really isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2446857;
    I think there is a major difference between Andy and the previous "stars" of the show, and that difference has been beaten to a bloody pulp. It was not necessary as part of the show to utter those words to Bevin.

And for him to say that he didn't mean it "that" way is what has made so many upset with him. If he didn't mean it "that" way, don't say it at all. He had an easy way out to respond to Bevin's ILYs...simply say "I wish I could tell you what I am feeling, but I just can't"...it has worked for the previous 9 seasons.

Andy didn't, IMO cross a "fine" line...he emphatically jumped across a very clear, thickly drawn line.

Do those three little words take away from his charity work or good deed....absolutely not. But, it also does not give him a free pass. Many people see him as arrogant and egotistical. Those personality traits are not mutually exclusive from being charitable. Look at the Hollywood scene...many celebrities do wonderful things for many charities. And, many of those same celebrities are very narcissists and have less than desirable personalities. One does not excuse the other.

I think HDA has learned to love the spotlight. Just like the girls on the show talk about the shock of going back to the real world and how hard it often it, I believe HDA is going to have a tough time when his light begins to fade.

Maybe Tessa and he will actually last, but I will not be surprised when/if I see the "break-up" blurb in US Weekly.
    But who knows what the other Bachelor said to the other f2 girls, just because the edit chose to show us the ILY with this bachelor......Andy did a wonderful job with this series, I can't sensor Andy's ILYs, because it can be use in too many ways, for too many things, alas if they do break up, it will not be any different from the 9 or 10 before them right? Go Andy and Tessa

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2446857;

So it's four little letters that differentiates Andy from Meredith? What Meredith said to Matthew was just as egregious as Andy's comment, but she somehow came out smelling like a rose after a couple of days of disdain. She's allowed to have allegedly only uttered her misleading words because the producers made her... but Andy's tarred and feathered because he had the audacity to have feelings for two women at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread