+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 195 FirstFirst ... 89139179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1945

Thread: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

Re: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2935882;
    Tessa probably had Andy figured out long before the ATFR show. I think she was only with him in pictures long enough to fulfill her contract with the show. I'm so glad she has moved on....smartest move she could have made.

I agree, I am wondering if maybe thats why she wanted to go home so bad. I never did see her into him. She seamed very distant with him in some of the interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2935882;
    Tessa probably had Andy figured out long before the ATFR show. I think she was only with him in pictures long enough to fulfill her contract with the show. I'm so glad she has moved on....smartest move she could have made.
    I think there is a good chance what you said is true. We know it was over at Louisville (separate hotel rooms, etc.) and when she went to Hawaii that last time, but she "seemed" like she was still into it. So, how much previously wasn't what it seemed and she was just fulfilling her contractual obligations?

Well now Andy can be Marlas boy toy. They deserve one another. Tessa was always too good for Doc Hollywood.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

FROM TODAY'S WASHINGTON POST...

HEY, ISN'T THAT . . . ?

Andy Baldwin and girlfriend at the Luke's Wings fundraiser for wounded veterans Tuesday at Tattoo Bar. The military doc -- jeans, white button-down shirt with pinstripes -- of "The Bachelor" fame (proposed to Tessa Horst but never quite followed through) just moved to D.C. two weeks ago, assigned to the Navy's Bureau of Medicine and Surgery. Hold on . . . girlfriend? You mean Marla Maples, she of that much-hyped romance just last month? Nope, this was a " Heather."

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

I've seen most of The Bachelor series but for some reason with Andy and Tessa's season, I really wanted it to work out for them. That proposal made me cry and believe me, I dont cry easily while watching reality tv. I hate reading about what a jerk Andy turned out to be. Tessa is so beautiful and really deserved "A Gentleman and an Officer". But in "reality", Prince Charming turned out to be a total jerk and got what he deserved "Marla -homewrecker-golddigging-phony-Maples". Tessa will end up with someone that deserves her but I have to admit, it still breaks my heart that the fairy tale ending did not last. Maybe Marla will star in her own series, The Real Divorcees of Palm Beach".

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2962199;
    FROM TODAY'S WASHINGTON POST...

HEY, ISN'T THAT . . . ?

Andy Baldwin and girlfriend at the Luke's Wings fundraiser for wounded veterans Tuesday at Tattoo Bar. The military doc -- jeans, white button-down shirt with pinstripes -- of "The Bachelor" fame (proposed to Tessa Horst but never quite followed through) just moved to D.C. two weeks ago, assigned to the Navy's Bureau of Medicine and Surgery. Hold on . . . girlfriend? You mean Marla Maples, she of that much-hyped romance just last month? Nope, this was a " Heather."

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Jlccaz, the link brought me to the home page of the Washington post...do you know where the article is located on the website?

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by CruiseLady;2963155;
    Jlccaz, the link brought me to the home page of the Washington post...do you know where the article is located on the website?

TIA!
    oops -- here it is --Reliable Source (The post's daily gossip column)

washingtonpost.com

I think you might need to register for the Wash Post site. The entire item is cut and pasted above.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2963258;

I think you might need to register for the Wash Post site. The entire item is cut and pasted above.

Okay-- we thought Brad had issues. It seems our Dandy needs to get rid of the "geeky little boy" image he has in his head of himself.
    He is out to conquer the world of bimbo blondes who are dumb enough to fall for him. (and in get it in print every time)
    It just shows that great intelligence does not mean great common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2963258;

Thanks! I didn't realize that previous post was all there was!

Friendly home town paper ...

LancasterOnline.com:Lifestyle: One good turn for Andy Baldwin

Sometimes Andy Baldwin wishes he could stock up on groceries without hunkering down and wearing a hat.

But even then, he'd probably come face to face with his own often shirtless image in the checkout-line tabloids.

Since his 2007 appearance on the ABC reality dating show "The Bachelor," Baldwin has attracted a lot of attention.

Celeb Web hub TMZ calls him a "muscled out heartthrob." Pics of him working out and even pumping gas sans shirt are gossip mag staples.

Related Stories
    'Bachelor' Baldwin, br... 5/21/7 THE BACHELOR: A... County's 'Bachelor' is... THE BACHELOR EXCLUSIVE... 5/14/7 THE BACHELOR: L...
    Rumors have him dating Miss Iran (not true) and Donald Trump's ex, Marla Maples (very briefly true).

He even has a Wikipedia bio.

Web postings and in-person encounters with "fans" aren't always complimentary, targeting everything from his love life to his famously white teeth.

But Baldwin, 31, keeps his response courteous.

What else would you expect from a guy who grew up in Lancaster County? Related Topics
    Manheim Township ... (90) TV (85) doctor (72) U.S. Navy (45) Your Life (44) Navy (27) Andy Baldwin (15) The Bachelor (14) Washington, D.C. (12) Hawaii (8) Duke University (8) Tessa Horst (3)

"These people don't even know me," Baldwin says of critics. " ... It would be impossible to effectively show the entire world who you really are."

It's been a busy year for Baldwin, a U.S. Navy medical officer with a strong commitment to community service and physical fitness.

He and his "Bachelor" fiancee, Tessa Horst, called things off last summer.

He spent two months in the South Pacific, as part of a Navy underwater excavation team not Iraq, as several media outlets incorrectly reported.

He started a nonprofit foundation, Got-Your-Back, to help families of fallen service members.

And earlier this month, Baldwin moved from Hawaii to Washington, D.C., to take a recruiting job the Navy surgeon general created just for him.

Despite the sometimes blinding spotlight he even hears the knowing whispers in yoga class Baldwin is determined to use his "Bachelor" fame as a platform to make a positive impact.

"There's a tremendous amount of stress that comes with overnight fame," he says.

"At the same time, I'm still the same person I was before."

Baldwin's personal Web site, www.andybaldwin.com, describes him as: "U.S. Navy doctor. Triathlete. Humanitarian."

Those terms, he says, are what truly define him, not "The Bachelor."

Sitting in his parents' Manheim Township living room, wearing jeans, a polo and nothing on his feet, Baldwin says he doesn't regret doing the show.

He's always found it rewarding to take chances, and encourages others to do the same.

"Putting yourself out there is a huge risk," he says. "Not everybody will like you."

But plenty of people do. Viewers recently voted Baldwin "America's Favorite Bachelor."

In April, he visited his parents, Roy, an engineer and former state representative, and Cindy, a high-school math teacher.

His brother Matt lives in Florida, and his sister Susanna graduates from Cornell University this month.

Baldwin lived in New Holland before moving to Manheim Township at age 12.

"We didn't have much," he says of his early childhood. "We shopped at Kmart."

He developed his strong work ethnic at Manheim Township High School, where he was valedictorian and an All-American swimmer, rising every morning at 5:30 for practice.

As a teen, Baldwin volunteered at Lancaster General Hospital, and his family helped hand out Thanksgiving turkeys in downtown Lancaster.

"My dad taught me from an early age, when you meet somebody, you ask, 'How can I help?' " he says.

Baldwin also remembers his dad's declaration that if he really wanted to go to Duke University, he'd have to find a way to pay for it.

Baldwin earned an ROTC scholarship and socked away $25,000 delivering New Eras, mowing lawns and working as a lifeguard at Overlook Pool.

He graduated from Duke and the University of California, San Diego, Medical School.

In 2003, he began active duty in the Navy, combining his love for medicine and the water.

Baldwin, now a lieutenant, has done humanitarian work in Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos, where he slept with worms crawling on him and bathed in a river filled with leeches.

He recently spent two months on an underwater mission in Palau, where his team recovered remains of servicemen missing since a B-24 bomber crash in 1944.

Despite media reports, Baldwin was never bound for Iraq.

Baldwin, who has homes in Hawaii and La Jolla, Calif., currently rents a studio apartment in Washington.

Through frequent travel and speaking engagements, he essentially serves as a highly recognizable face of Navy medicine, a field he finds full of adventure and opportunity.

Numbers of Navy physicians are declining. Baldwin says that may be due in part to the mistaken idea that doctors automatically go to war zones.

Baldwin's name recognition has boosted the number of attendees at recruitment events from a handful to hundreds, he says.

"I've already signed up a few," he says.

The job's flexibility also gives Baldwin time to pursue other passions.

Earlier this year, he founded Got-Your-Back (GOT-YOUR-BACK.org: Supporting the Families of America's Fallen Heroes), a charity that offers financial support, including youth scholarships, to families of fallen service members.

He competes in about 10 triathlons a year; his next is May 30, in California.

Since moving to Washington, he's taken up running and biking around the National Mall and Rock Creek Park.

He likes to keep his fitness routine flexible.

"I think yoga is one of the best things you can do," he says.

Baldwin has four remaining years in the Navy. After that, he's not sure what he'll do.

Alhough he's gotten some offers, he has no desire to act.

"Bachelor" fans who run into Baldwin often remark that he seems like an ordinary, regular guy.

"That's because I am," he replies.

Before he met Marla Maples, Baldwin figured she'd be stuck up.

But actually, he says, she's a very sweet, uplifting presence.

Celeb glossies have speculated on the duo's relationship including their 13-year age difference using such colorful verbs as "canoodle" and "making out."

"Marla and I are pretty much friends," Baldwin says. "It got romantic for a little bit. It may still continue that way."

Maples was set to appear in CBS' "Secret Talents of the Stars" in April, but the show was canceled after one episode. (No word on her secret talent.)

She and Baldwin initially bonded over their shared passion for fitness.

"She schooled me in basketball," he says. "She can throw a football farther than any woman I've ever met."

As for the "Miss Iran" spotted with Baldwin last summer, she's actually an L.A. lawyer friend who won a local beauty pageant.

She also happens to hail from Kansas.

Baldwin says his former "Bachelor" fiancee, Horst, is doing well and living in San Francisco.

"She and I love each other very much, in a very special way," he says.

"Sometimes things don't work out."

Indulging in a luxury he missed while on "The Bachelor," he's keeping any other details private.

Baldwin says he'd eventually like to have four or five kids.

But first, he says, "I need to find the right woman.

"There's no rushing that."

+ Reply to Thread