+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 195 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1945

Thread: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

FORT Regular

Re: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

I too am sad about the called off engagement. If Andy is getting reassigned, maybe he is going on active tour for 12 months to 18 months like alot of people in the service right now. Maybe he does not want to tie Tessa down during that time in case she may find someone else or something happens to Andy. We really don't know and I really hope all ends well down the road for these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2528111;
    I don't see what the length of his tour should have to do with whether or not they should stay engaged, that seems like a lame excuse to me. I also don't think this show should ever end with an engagement - as much as we love to watch it. You just know it's never going to last.

I agree with the therapy too, but I think anyone who is even thinking of going on a reality show should get some therapy.
    I agree, Marleybone. If a couple is sincerely and deeply in love, then the length of his tour should have no bearing on their relationship. Bottom line, Tessa will wait on him, if it's meant to be.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

well. I know this. I had to make the decision to move 3K miles away to BE with my fiance at the time. There was no way whatsoever we would have been able to endure another year apart. It was the only way we were able to progress and hence, get married. It was the best decision I made. Tessa, is doubtful I am certain - of their future. I am surrounded by military couples and have stories left and right. From young twenty something's to sixty something year olds and up. The fact that andy could be reassigned should not be a hitch in their relationship. Heck, I have been all over the world with my husb being reassigned in the past 16 yrs. I can't even keep track lol.. the point is - they know what's right for them, and while i accept that - I think they are doing the wrong thing when it comes to progressing. In order to keep "afloat" with being a military spouse...you need to go thru that ebb and flow of the military life...which is the uncertainty of where tomorrow takes you. jmo

FORT Fan

Too bad for Andy as he seems to be at a point in his life where he is ready to commit and settle down with the goal of marriage and family. From what has been reported Tessa seems to love Andy to some degree but it is clear she is not ready to commit, settle down and take their relationship to the next level.

Will they last? IMO the odds are not in their favor

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2527947;
    usatoday.com states that Andy and Tessa issued a statement this morning that they are very much in love but that she will not be moving to Hawaii because Andy may be reassigned to a new location.
    I don't believe that for a minute. She new that from the beginning so why back out now. Her family that's why. and why make a public announcement.

Hmmmm this news makes me feel very sad. I thought that out of the couples coming out of this show, these two seemed very genuine. I am certain that they still have strong feelings for one another, but I am not certain that we will see a wedding with these two.

I really hate to sound like a pessimist, but I remember Andrew and Jen on Oprah and they appeared to be very much in love and very happy. A couple of weeks later they went Kaput. I guess I felt better about this news, but I feel like it is the begining of the end, and that makes me feel sad for them.
    The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of what they have.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2528048;
    People is very credible. If they are reporting broken engagement then it is true. I am glad to hear that they are still a couple though. But if Tessa doesn't commit to moving at some point then they will be doomed ultimately. Bottom line--They are no longer engaged, but are still a couple.
    for how long, it's over, this is just the first of many announcements the next one will tell us it is totally over. I believe her family has a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgs;2528540;
    for how long, it's over, this is just the first of many announcements the next one will tell us it is totally over. I believe her family has a lot to do with it.
    I agree mdgs...why make a public statement that the engagement is off? It just seems a bit weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;2528551;
    I agree mdgs...why make a public statement that the engagement is off? It just seems a bit weird to me.

Personally I think it is so we can move on to the new Bachelor season 11.

Quote Originally Posted by armywife;2528307;
    well. I know this. I had to make the decision to move 3K miles away to BE with my fiance at the time. There was no way whatsoever we would have been able to endure another year apart. It was the only way we were able to progress and hence, get married. It was the best decision I made. Tessa, is doubtful I am certain - of their future. I am surrounded by military couples and have stories left and right. From young twenty something's to sixty something year olds and up. The fact that andy could be reassigned should not be a hitch in their relationship. Heck, I have been all over the world with my husb being reassigned in the past 16 yrs. I can't even keep track lol.. the point is - they know what's right for them, and while i accept that - I think they are doing the wrong thing when it comes to progressing. In order to keep "afloat" with being a military spouse...you need to go thru that ebb and flow of the military life...which is the uncertainty of where tomorrow takes you. jmo

I totally see your point, and agree with you. You have to work hard & compromise to make a relationship work. The long distance relationship is going to be tough to endure. There will always be the chance of deployment/relocation if he is in the military, and she knew that. They were my favorite ever couple, but I don't think her heart is in it as much as his.

+ Reply to Thread