+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1945

Thread: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Dr. Andy Baldwin - Bachelor 10

usatoday.com states that Andy and Tessa issued a statement this morning that they are very much in love but that she will not be moving to Hawaii because Andy may be reassigned to a new location.

I am not sure that if you need to see a therapist within 6 months of starting to date that it bodes well for your relationship - or was it something that they had b/c of the show - or maybe they are the type of people who just always have one?

I loved last season and will love this season - but this makes me less hopeful for a happy ending

People is very credible. If they are reporting broken engagement then it is true. I am glad to hear that they are still a couple though. But if Tessa doesn't commit to moving at some point then they will be doomed ultimately. Bottom line--They are no longer engaged, but are still a couple.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2527970;
    I am not sure that if you need to see a therapist within 6 months of starting to date that it bodes well for your relationship - or was it something that they had b/c of the show - or maybe they are the type of people who just always have one?

I loved last season and will love this season - but this makes me less hopeful for a happy ending
    I truly feel that EVERY couple that comes out of this crazy show needs to see a therapist. Talk about the need to sort things out! I would feel that it would be the reality check needed before going forward with marriage. Who knows what will happen in the future, but honestly love at six months is always, in my experience, at the re-evaluation stage.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2528051;
    I truly feel that EVERY couple that comes out of this crazy show needs to see a therapist. Talk about the need to sort things out! I would feel that it would be the reality check needed before going forward with marriage. Who knows what will happen in the future, but honestly love at six months is always, in my experience, at the re-evaluation stage.
    I agree with this too. It is difficult enough to make adjustment from warp speed dating that you do falling in love and the slow everyday life of marriage/committed relationship and this show expedites the warp speed dating even more. Some of these couples like Meredith/Ian or Andrew/Jen may have made it if they had couples therapy to help them with it.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Premium Member

I don't see what the length of his tour should have to do with whether or not they should stay engaged, that seems like a lame excuse to me. I also don't think this show should ever end with an engagement - as much as we love to watch it. You just know it's never going to last.

I agree with the therapy too, but I think anyone who is even thinking of going on a reality show should get some therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2528111;
    I don't see what the length of his tour should have to do with whether or not they should stay engaged, that seems like a lame excuse to me. I also don't think this show should ever end with an engagement - as much as we love to watch it. You just know it's never going to last.

I agree with the therapy too, but I think anyone who is even thinking of going on a reality show should get some therapy.
    Marleybone: I almost put that statement in my original post, it's SO true, imo.
    I also agree with your opinion that the show should NEVER end in a t.v. engagement. I just don't think that the couple is at a point to make that sort of commitment period. It's purely for t.v. to say "hey folks we REALLY do care about each other". It seems almost to denegrate the level of commitment which I believe has to happen before a couple gets engaged.
    In real life couples usually are in love for a fairly long time before they get engaged, at least in my experience. jmo

I gave them three weeks originally but I guess I was wrong, it was more like 3 months or so. They must have had an unusually stringent contract.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I don't see calling off the engagement as necessarily a bad thing. An engagement places an extraordinary amount of pressure on a new couple, especially one whose relationship unfolded in front of millions of people on television and has been a long-distance one since the end of the show. Everywhere they go, they are asked " When's the wedding?" or "When is Tessa moving to Hawaii permanently?"

Tessa is facing a complete change in her life - changing jobs, moving to Hawaii, military life, and the prospect that Andy may receive orders within the year to uproot and move somewhere else. Andy's life is not affected as much as Tessa's, and he desparately wants her with him (my impression from everything I've seen and read). That's even more pressure for Tessa who, as we know, takes "baby steps" when it comes to relationships.

In my opinion, it is a smart move to step back and take things more slowly. Taking the "engaged" title away does not necessarily mean the relationship is over. In fact, they are stating that they are still in love and a couple. Rather, it sounds like they are taking their relationship very seriously, and are trying to ensure that they build the proper foundation for a successful lifetime together. They have time. Lots of it. Maybe they already know they aren't interested in a televised wedding. If that's the case, they have to wait out their contract with the show anyway. Andy and Tessa are intelligent people. I wish them the best.

+ Reply to Thread