+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo - Bachelor Rome

Lorenzo - Bachelor Rome

Hey - I decided he needs his own, non-spoiler, thread. After all , he is a genuine Italian prince! I just checked the Jimmy Kimmel website and he's going to be a guest on Friday October 20. Yay.

Thanks Paja I'll tape it because I'll be up. What time does Jimmy comes on.

Finally Larry gets his own thread after two full episodes of the show. Better late than never! I guess we just like to keep royalty waiting around here.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    I copied this from my post int he Media thread before Pajamasam was kind enough to start the Lorenzo thread

His mom said in the at home section of the first show that Lorenzo has a soul like Rome (paraphrasing) and that statement, along with our current knowledge of his two long term relationships, has me wondering if he isn't too romantic. We don't know the circumstances but a seven year relationship without a proposal and then (what has been rumored to be) a nine year with a ring and break up not long after, speaks to a man, not only with commitment problems, but one with a wide streak of romance. Is he living in what is usually a female fantasy world of finding the perfect one and living happily ever after? Begs the question - why weren 't the previous girlfriends perfect and why is it any different this time? Also, the fact that he fell in love with two of the candidates before having to choose one doesn't bode well for a long term future with his current girlfriend/fiancee. Come on, PLo - make it stick to your soul this time!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I copied this from my post int he Media thread before Pajamasam was kind enough to start the Lorenzo thread

His mom said in the at home section of the first show that Lorenzo has a soul like Rome (paraphrasing) and that statement, along with our current knowledge of his two long term relationships, has me wondering if he isn't too romantic. We don't know the circumstances but a seven year relationship without a proposal and then (what has been rumored to be) a nine year with a ring and break up not long after, speaks to a man, not only with commitment problems, but one with a wide streak of romance. Is he living in what is usually a female fantasy world of finding the perfect one and living happily ever after? Begs the question - why weren 't the previous girlfriends perfect and why is it any different this time? Also, the fact that he fell in love with two of the candidates before having to choose one doesn't bode well for a long term future with his current girlfriend/fiancee. Come on, PLo - make it stick to your soul this time!
    If he was willing to stay in relationships for that long without marrying, then clearly he doesn't believe marriage is all that important - just a legalism that has tremendous potential downsides to a young entrepreneur with a growing financial empire to protect. So he won't be getting married to any of these girls, either.

ABC picks another winner...

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he's one of those guys who likes having a steady girlfriend, hoped it would lead to marriage but realized it wouldn't. Sometimes the hardest question to ask is the one to which you know the answer, so maybe LorBor stayed with those girls in hopes that it could be marriage despite knowing that it probably wouldn't.

But I agree - the prospects for a wedding from the happy couple look very bleak.
    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of.

Fort Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    If he was willing to stay in relationships for that long without marrying, then clearly he doesn't believe marriage is all that important - just a legalism....
    He may be one of those men who only considers marriage when he is ready to have children. Maybe he just hasn't been ready for kids and all of the responsibilities that come with family. The timing just wasn't right in his past relationships. Maybe his work was more important. Now that he is getting older he may be ready to start a family and find a wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie View Post
    He may be one of those men who only considers marriage when he is ready to have children. Maybe he just hasn't been ready for kids and all of the responsibilities that come with family. The timing just wasn't right in his past relationships. Maybe his work was more important. Now that he is getting older he may be ready to start a family and find a wife.
    According to him that time isn't at hand yet. Didn't he tell Lisa that he's in no hurry to either have kids or really marry, which prompted her to keep her mouth shut about her neat little schedule? I think Larry is looking for another woman so he can have another nice, dragged out, leading-to-nowhere relationship. Only this time it will drag out for, at most, a couple of months. Certainly very manageable.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie View Post
    Well, if that were the case, then our little timeline Lisa would be the perfect candidate, but he clearly said he didn't believe in timelines and deadlines, etc.... so, as is the luxury of the male species (as apposed to us 'rotting egg' females) . .. he can wait until he's old and gray to start fatherhood if this 'sticking thing' with a relationship is a problem!! :nono
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    If he was willing to stay in relationships for that long without marrying, then clearly he doesn't believe marriage is all that important - just a legalism that has tremendous potential downsides to a young entrepreneur with a growing financial empire to protect. So he won't be getting married to any of these girls, either.

ABC picks another winner...
    I agree with you Randal except that I do know several men who have been in very long term relationships and end up married to someone else 18 months later. I dont know why these guys didnt marry the long term girlfriend. It really makes little sense to me. Based on my totally unscientific , anecdotal research, I'd say he has a 50/50 chance of marrying in the next two years. But probably not to one of the bachelorettes.

If he wants kids, I'd recommend he get busy. Men really do have their own biological clock issues. Seriously. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5313874.stm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast