+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo - Bachelor Rome

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;2132738;
    Maybe thats why he ask Jen to teach hime to read
    I notice most children of immigrants don't bother to learn the language of their parents. Most of my friends' children prefer to talk in English even though conversations are initiated in another language.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2132721;
    I've thought about this for a long time and finally decided to post this. I wonder if Lorenzo is dyslexic. Some extremely bright people are dyslexic, but it very difficult for them to learn foreign languages. This would account for him not learning Italian.

It's not impossible, though. ... One of the most dyslexic people I know is trilingual! Now that you mention it, though, I could see Lorenzo being dyslexic.

Honestly, I would think *nothing* of Lorenzo's not learning Italian if it weren't for the prince thing. I agree with whoever said that most children of immigrants don't bother to learn their parents' language. But most aren't building business fortunes based on their being royalty in their lands of origin, either.

That said, I like Lorenzo, and I can see why he wouldn't bother learning Italian. He's just too much of a regular guy, I think. I doubt that any intellectual pursuits whatever are of much interest to him.

My son is dyslexic, but if someone isn't familiar with dyslexics, they would never know it. He's confident and has no problem speaking publicly -- pretty quick on his feet. But it took him a long time to learn how to read things as quickly as many other people. If he hears something, he can do it though. If Lorenzo is dyslexic, then I'll bet his parents just didn't speak Italian in their home; however, didn't they live in Italy until Lorenzo was 2 years old? Hmmm. I wonder if his older siblings speak Italian.

I would guess that his parents don't speak Italian to each other. In fact, he said that they met in Madrid, Spain, not Italy. Is his mother Spanish? Given this possibility, it may be that the parents speak English to each other as a common language and have lived in the U.S. so long, that they rarely speak their native tongue(s) unless it is to old-country relatives or friends. My daughter-in-law is Filipino. She and her six sisters all have American husbands who don't speak Filipino. The sisters speak English to each other, to their children, and to their parents also. Only the parents speak the native tongue to each other and other relatives. The sisters' contact with the native tongue is so limited, that most of them have all but forgotten it.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2139642;
    I would guess that his parents don't speak Italian to each other. In fact, he said that they met in Madrid, Spain, not Italy. Is his mother Spanish? Given this possibility, it may be that the parents speak English to each other as a common language and have lived in the U.S. so long, that they rarely speak their native tongue(s) unless it is to old-country relatives or friends. My daughter-in-law is Filipino. She and her six sisters all have American husbands who don't speak Filipino. The sisters speak English to each other, to their children, and to their parents also. Only the parents speak the native tongue to each other and other relatives. The sisters' contact with the native tongue is so limited, that most of them have all but forgotten it.
    PLo's mom is American, I believe. She certainly appears to be totally American, no accent whatsoever. I thought she was from New York.

If PLo's mom is American, it is even more likely that the parents do not speak Italian in home, so he would not have learned it without being pointedly taught.

Thanks so much for those links and history about Lorenzo and his pet products.

That just make me luv him more!

Lorenzo is probably my favorite Bachelor ever. He really stepped up to the plate as a gentleman by not pressuring Sadie into something she wasn't ready for. Now that's a REAL man! During the entire series, he seems to have been very genuine and serious about the show. Even with all it's pretense.
    He is smart, respectful, fun, handsome, and very family oriented. And he's also adventurous and wants to be happy every day of his married life!

Gosh! Does he have a single twin brother?? Prince or not, he's a great catch. And I hope he catches Sadie!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    im curious, what do you gals really think about the prince, physically. cause he really doesn't do it for me. i mean, if you saw him on the street and had no idea he was a prince, would you be checking him out???

FORT Fan
    no.... i wouldn't give him a second look.... he's definitely not my
    type.... prince or no prince!!

FORT Newbie
    that's funny. a persons looks can grow on you, even if you aren't attracted to them at first.

how much time passes from the first show to the last???

+ Reply to Thread