+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo - Bachelor Rome

Gosh, I hate to agree with many of you.....I like this guy. And I sooo didn't want to. He's been very kind throughout the series. Not a schmuck at all. He's pretty genuine and he certainly doesn't have the huge ego that a few of the past bachelors did.

He's got class and manners and is considerate. He's smart and athletic. I think he's conducted himself incredibly well considering what the producers may have been pressuring him to do: cause some real drama!

I think he will have a couple of BIG surprises on the family dates: The first of course with Lisa and her schedule. The second being how difficult being with Agnese will be.

I really wish him the best.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've liked this guy from the beginning. He is much more attractive on the show that in photographs. He has an affable, unflappable personality and seems to be able to handle any and all situations with class and respect for the other person. Even Erica didn't manage to ruffle his feathers (although some of the looks on his face were classic). I must admit that I am impressed with this young man. I think he is definitely one of the better bachelors we've had and ranks up there with Byron for class and Andrew for likeability. I hope one of these girls will be his princess charming, but I really doubt it given the choices. The only one who could fill the bill would be Sadie. Her virginity may be stumbling block, but she has by far the most compatible personality and he seems to be quite physically attracted to her too.

FORT Fan
    I like him to ,Aname. Seems like what his family says about him is wonderful.His brother said that they were so excited for him on the show. Hope he did find love .....with Sadie.

Fort Fan
    Check out Lorenzo's business website.

http://getroyaltreatment.com/

Lorenzo Borghese: The Bachelor Prince, the Cosmetics Entrepreneur
    From Scott Allen,
    Your Guide to Entrepreneurs.

Even without a title of "prince," Lorenzo Borghese would not fall into the category of "pauper." Recently in the news for his appearance on ABC's The Bachelor: Rome, Borghese is following in his grandmother's footsteps as a cosmetics entrepreneur and has created his own line of luxury bath and grooming products only these are for pets.
    Heritage: Borghese's ancestors include Pope Paul V and Cardinal Scipione Borghese. His family has had an influence on Italian art, helping create St. Peter's Basilica. His family's name can be found throughout buildings in Italy, including the famed Villa Borghese, Rome's largest public park. Though Italian by birth, Borghese claims to only be able to speak "menu Italian." The Bachelor producers reportedly enrolled him in intensive Italian lessons before filming began.
    Growing Up: Although Borghese was born in 1972 in Milan, he only lived in Rome and Italy until he was five, when his family moved to Connecticut. He has lived in Manhattan since 1997. Borghese graduated from Rollins College in Winter Park, FL, and later received an MBA from Fordham University in New York.
    The Family Business: Borghese's ancestors created homemade cosmetics in their Italian gardens. His grandmother, Marcella Borghese created her own cosmetics, the Princess Marcella Borghese Cosmetics Line, which was eventually incorporated into cosmetics giant Revlon then later sold off to a group of Saudi investors in 1991.
    The Royal Treatment: When Belle, his black lab, did not respond well to other pet products, Borghese created his own, using all-natural ingredients in the family tradition. In 2003, Borghese started Royal Treatment, a line of luxury pet care products. Today, the company offers nearly 100 products ranging from shampoos and treats to beds and odor removers. The product development office remains in Italy but Borghese works from New Jersey. His products can be purchased from GetRoyalTreatment.com and other outlets.
    Borghese believes the key to success is having a good product that stands out from the many other pet products available. As founder and president of the company, he plays a prominent role in the selection of products to be produced. His company says Borghese is very hands-on, reviewing all labels and colors and smelling the products for approval. Future plans for Royal Treatment include expanding into Asia, launching new fragrances, and creating private label products for various pet stores.
    Other Ventures: Borghese's entrepreneurial side doesn't stop with pet cosmetics. Borghese is also a managing partner with his father, Francesco Borghese, at GT Partners, a private label Italian cosmetics company. This New Jersey company sells to major department stores. They have nine different cosmetics lines involving skin care treatment and bath and body products from Italy.
    Borghese is also a director for Multimedia Exposure, Inc., a company that works with products for television shopping channels. His brother, Scipione (Skip), is the CEO of the company, which serves as an agent for Live and Taped DirecTV worldwide, specializing in television direct marketing, manufacturing and distributing of client products. MME is involved with manufacturing the raw products, managing the sales, and presenting them on air, both in infomercials and on the shopping networks.
    Following in the Family Footsteps: Sure, he's a prince, and now a famous prince after his appearance on The Bachelor. But Lorenzo Borghese still remains very active in his companies. All of his Royal Treatment products go through his New Jersey office for approval before hitting the market. Borghese's grandmother started an internationally known cosmetics line, and it's clear Borghese takes after her. Borghese shows that being an entrepreneur doesn't have to involve an entirely new idea sometimes business success simply involves twisting a familiar business. GT Partners ships cosmetics worldwide. Royal Treatment still creates its recipes in Italy, using natural ingredients much like his ancestors and grandmother. Prince Borghese may be a prince and may be relying on a TV show to find his princess, but he's using his cosmetics history to help create a pet product empire.
    http://entrepreneurs.about.com/od/fa...zoborghese.htm
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Newbie
    i read in US Weekly that he's launched another site called NuzzlePlanet - it is really a cute site. i am going to post my pet!

Fort Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ava2006;2120392;
    ......he's launched another site called NuzzlePlanet - it is really a cute site. i am going to post my pet!
    Here is the link

http://www.nuzzleplanet.com/

Yesterday on HSN, while presenting Italian Bath and Body products, PLo's mom was talking about the origin of some fragrance and that a Spanish explorer who had a harem used it as an aphrodisiac. Skip piped in saying that, that was just like her son. . . . .her YOUNGER son. lol

Good comedic touch from her som

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;2122648;
    Good comedic touch from her som
    I keep them on in the background as I do stuff around the house. I feel like seeing Skip and Amanda on t.v.over the years has really given me some insight into the type of family from which PLo comes. I have seen PLo hawking his products a couple of times and that's given me some ideas about his personality. Amanda and Skip always seem like good people. Skip definitely has a sense of humor. I wondered if he was dying to get a bachelor reference in their just to give his little bro a hard time.

+ Reply to Thread