+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo - Bachelor Rome

FORT Fanatic
    Creampuff, you and Bugsme are my new fave FORTers. I was beginning to think no one read my posts. You added some great comments to mine.

So, to comment on your comments on my comments....

I dont think Alex was an idiot; I'm not going to look it up now but I think he was a Havard MBA grad? I think he was cunning and shrewd and smart to cut loose from Amanda and the show quickly if he's a serious businessman. I love the Bachelor but I dont think it's something serious people want to be associated with.

You're right about Helene, she managed to turn straw into gold, and effectively turned the tables on Aaron.

Jen, I found her cold and calculating on her Bachelorette, and it colors my view of her relationship with Andrew. She spent a year or so with him, didnt she? Long enough to credibly add 'spokesperson'/public relations to her resume. It was a blunder on his part to not get her her own place, if he was interested in the romance, but overall he struck me as kind of klutzy romantically. Would be interesting to know the story behind that.

Bob...ugh. I saw the end of his season, and his choice proved out my safe dump theory. The other final 2 girl, the cutie from Chicago, was serious about him, and I think his choice was based purely on the easy-dump factor.

You know, I didnt think Jesse was that bad. In fact there were several times that I admired his adroitness in handling some situations, and early on he had a pretty smooth line of patter, seemed to find the right words to say to the girls he met. I remember how he took charge when there was a rose mistake-saw a flash of quarterback leaderliness there. His season was bad, tho, he couldnt carry off the looking-for-love fiction. And Trish- o lord.

Byron and Mary-they arent kids; they have to be about 40 and 43, and if they were going to get married, I think they would have done it by now. Those November wedding plans were for LAST November, or even the November before that. Could do a proper update if I felt like going to his site, I guess.

I hated Charlie's season and the whole NY thing. Loathed it. Disliked hugely the girls on his show, though Crazy Sarah Dub was definitely entertaining, and I fell in like with Krisily. Ditto for Charlie; he seemed, in the end, to be somewhat more sincere about the love angle than most of the Bachelors. I liked him. Didnt love him, but I liked him.

Travis-he was a poor fit for this show, period. For one thing, there was the Serious People factor-I can imagine his colleagues having doubts about his judgement for going on the show. Plus, he just hated doing it and was embarrassed throughout. PLUS Moana..ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh. In case that's too subtle, I. REALLY. DID. NOT. LIKE. MOANA, and thought it was questionable judgement on his part to string that loony along. Since we havent heard she's checked into the loony bin, I guess she recovered. Yeah, I think he and Sarah cut a deal, and not a bad one for either of them.

Which brings us to the present Bachelor Team. Who do you think, among the ones left, could be groomed and polished quickly into a suitable promotional partner for PLO? Not who you like best, not who seems to be in love, but someone who is available for the job and would do well at it? I'm interested in everybody's opinion.

FORT Fanatic
    It would be kind of interesting to watch all the Bachelor series from the beginning and see how the show evolved. I know the Alex season is available on DVD, but dont think any of the others are. Does anyone know where I could get a set of all the shows?
    Maybe someday they'll do a show of nothing but Bachelor highlights, that would be great.

FORT Fogey
    The Bachelors and a percentage of the women come on this show for self promotion. I accept and even applaud that. It shows drive and ambition. I enjoy watching to see if love will be a byproduct.

Reality TV is changing and a new catagory of famous has been born. I have adjusted to this ever shifting genre and look forward to how it will morf over time.

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2107177;
    I dont think Alex was an idiot; I'm not going to look it up now but I think he was a Havard MBA grad?
    Yes, but I think the current President of the United States has proven that a Harvard MBA doesn't necessarily make you smart. Your reasoning for Alex's brains is persuasive, but I still think he's an idiot, if only in the sense that he was so obviously jonesing for a big TV job that his insincerity was palpable.

Jen, I found her cold and calculating on her Bachelorette, and it colors my view of her relationship with Andrew. She spent a year or so with him, didnt she? Long enough to credibly add 'spokesperson'/public relations to her resume. It was a blunder on his part to not get her her own place, if he was interested in the romance, but overall he struck me as kind of klutzy romantically. Would be interesting to know the story behind that.
    I didn't watch her Bachelorette past the first episode because she put me to sleep quicker than an anesthesiologist. I did see the last one, where she dumped both of her suitors, so I'm guessing your assessment of her cold, calculating heart is probably spot-on. As for Andrew as a lovah, I'm thinking he had that frat boy essence to him of it all being about him and his pleasure. I don't see him taking the time to get the woman ready, if you know what I mean.

Which brings us to the present Bachelor Team. Who do you think, among the ones left, could be groomed and polished quickly into a suitable promotional partner for PLO? Not who you like best, not who seems to be in love, but someone who is available for the job and would do well at it? I'm interested in everybody's opinion.
    As I said, Lisa's problem is that she is inarticulate when she discusses anything except her timeline.

Jeanette is too shy and seems a little rough around the edges, but maybe if Julie Andrews trains her a la The Princess Diaries, she will put on a good enough show to push the doggie spa treatments.

Agnese, for all of her bella italiana hotness, can't speak the Prince's English, so she's out of the running as spokeswoman for his budding empire.

Jennifer is sweet and lovely and puts on a nice presentation, but the whole, "Oh, my God, I don't know why I'm crying when I talk about teaching the little children who touch my heart because it's so GIVING and SWEET and I am CHANGING THE WORLD by teaching the little children" act, said while fanning herself with her crayon stained fingers as she conjured up a lesson plan on "The Hungry Caterpillar," killed her for me. Killed.Her. Here's why you're crying, Jennifer. You're so touched by the generosity of your own spirit that you choked yourself up. She admitted she fell into teaching, so clearly it was not the career path she chose, which begs the question of what was. And I can just picture her getting all teary-eyed over little Fido's grooming products as she talks about how fabulous it is to treat one's pooch to princely pampering.

Desiree. Dear, dear Desiree, commanding a Board meeting and calling everyone "baby" while tipping back tequila shots and showing off her new tattoos and piercings. I'm thinking not.

Which brings us to Sadie, who, given your parameters of marketability and financial bottom lines, seems to be the clear choice. She is well spoken, if a tad immature, and she's fairly quick-witted. She's also a comely lass, which no doubt will inspire many a lewd thought in the minds of Pet Smart general managers everywhere who picture her getting spanked while wearing a Catholic schoolgirl uniform. Yes, they may wonder if LoBo has Been There with Sadie, but so long as they stock their shelves with his products, I think he'll be fine with their curiosity.

So Sadie it is.
    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff;2107237;

I didn't watch her Bachelorette past the first episode because she put me to sleep quicker than an anesthesiologist....

O you're good.

As I said, Lisa's problem is that she is inarticulate when she discusses anything except her timeline.

Interesting...I didnt pick up on inarticulateness, will pay attention to that. As for vocal problems, they have speech coaches for that. I think poise would count for more, that cant be taught. I'll watch for that too.

Jeanette is too shy and seems a little rough around the edges, but maybe if Julie Andrews trains her a la The Princess Diaries, she will put on a good enough show to push the doggie spa treatments.

Something about Jeanette tells me, no.

Agnese, for all of her bella italiana hotness, can't speak the Prince's English, so she's out of the running as spokeswoman for his budding empire.

Seriously, I think she's got possibilities. She IS Italian, which fits well with the 'Borghese' aspect. Her English improves weekly and could be good quickly. She's pretty and charming and I think he is intrigued by her. There's definitely publicity gold in the idea of Il Principe and his Italian goddess. On the other hand, she's young and lives in Italy, and may not be able to leave.

Jennifer is sweet and lovely and puts on a nice presentation, but the whole, "Oh, my God, I don't know why I'm crying when I talk about teaching the little children who touch my heart because it's so GIVING and SWEET and I am CHANGING THE WORLD by teaching the little children" act, said while fanning herself with her crayon stained fingers as she conjured up a lesson plan on "The Hungry Caterpillar," killed her for me. Killed.Her. Here's why you're crying, Jennifer. You're so touched by the generosity of your own spirit that you choked yourself up. She admitted she fell into teaching, so clearly it was not the career path she chose, which begs the question of what was. And I can just picture her getting all teary-eyed over little Fido's grooming products as she talks about how fabulous it is to treat one's pooch to princely pampering.

I loved this enough to just quote the whole thing all over again. You ARE good good good..
    She's too young and immature. Doesnt have the poise. Too..too...Florida college chick or something.

Desiree. Dear, dear Desire... I'm thinking not.

Yeah, just leave her number on the bathroom wall

Which brings us to Sadie, who, given your parameters of marketability and financial bottom lines, seems to be the clear choice. She is well spoken, if a tad immature, and she's fairly quick-witted. She's also a comely lass, which no doubt will inspire many a lewd thought in the minds of Pet Smart general managers everywhere who picture her getting spanked while wearing a Catholic schoolgirl uniform. Yes, they may wonder if LoBo has Been There with Sadie, but so long as they stock their shelves with his products, I think he'll be fine with their curiosity.

So Sadie it is.
    Sadie is a good possibility...maybe a bit too Saintly? of the LDS kind, I'm thinking.

But bottom line, I think PLO is gonna be on the Easy-Dump Team. Just has that feel.

Fort Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2107280;
    Sadie is a good possibility...maybe a bit too Saintly? of the LDS kind, I'm thinking.
    I don't think Sadie is LDS (Mormon). I know a lot of people who are LDS (I use to live in Utah) and those faithful to their LDS culture don't drink alcoholic beverages and don't wear strapless, backless shirts or dresses.

Somewhere she picked up that "saving myself for marriage" value, maybe from her religious beliefs or maybe it is just a personal choice.

Fort Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by onewally View Post
    But bottom line, I think PLO is gonna be on the Easy-Dump Team. Just has that feel.
    Do you mean he is going to dump the gal he chooses? I hope not. I would like to see them date for a while and get to know each other. According to Lorenzo he hasn't had a lot of luck meeting women. He talks about how he wants to be with someone he can trust. With out the producers screening the women I wonder how many women he will meet in the future will have motives other than a geniune relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2107280;
    Seriously, I think Agnese's got possibilities. She IS Italian, which fits well with the 'Borghese' aspect. Her English improves weekly and could be good quickly. She's pretty and charming and I think he is intrigued by her. There's definitely publicity gold in the idea of Il Principe and his Italian goddess. On the other hand, she's young and lives in Italy, and may not be able to leave.
    You know, I hadn't thought of it that way. It certainly would make for great television - the on-paper-only prince finding his principessa italiana and whisking her off to his boyhood home in New Jersey. She certainly is charming enough to beguile pet owners into forking over their paychecks for some high falutin' pet grooming products. And even better, she can teach her amore how to speak la lingua. It's just too delightful for words.

On the other hand, if he's going to dump the girl, I'd rather it be Sadie, if only because the theatre of the absurd would be that much more enjoyable. Sweet, bubbly blonde saves herself for marriage but relents with the promise of royalty and a lifetime supply of Italian Sweet Almond spritz (ideal for any breed and type of fur) and almond exfoliating scrub (for the dog with skin problems ... you couldn't make this crap up if you tried). Her woman parts may be closed now, but I guaran-damn-tee you that the prospect of free Princess Packages of doggie treats would open Fort Knox.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie
    According to Lorenzo he hasn't had a lot of luck meeting women. He talks about how he wants to be with someone he can trust.
    I'm sure the nine and six-year relationships posed a problem when it came to meeting available women. I suppose he'll claim he's shy and that's why he has a difficult time.

Here is my advice to Lorenzo: throw some of the Truffle Crate Cushions you hawk in your doggie bedding line on a big fuzzy rug in front of a roaring fire and the girls will come a'running.
    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie;2107372;
    According to Lorenzo he hasn't had a lot of luck meeting women.
    That's because he still thinks luck has anything to do with it.

if i had to guess what girl will profit the most from this show....

agnese---she's italian and the distance plus the lack of communication is a perfect excuse to end the relationship

lisa---she knows how the process works after all!

desiree---she seems the type to want to profit

as for sadie/jennifer.....they dont seem like to me, but you never know!

+ Reply to Thread