+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo - Bachelor Rome

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2105537;
    Bachelor Success = They still like each other by the time the After the Final Rose show is taped.
    Isn't that a bit too much to ask? How about just being on speaking terms two weeks after the show!

PS. I'm further lowering my standards. Pretty soon I'll think the show is a success if the final chick actually makes it to the airport immediately following the FRC with the cubic zirconia promise ring still on her finger.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Ok. So I am a romantic at heart. And I actually like Lorenzo. He seems to not be as much of a player as some of the other bachelors have shown. He makes up his mind fairly easily and isn't afraid to say he just doesn't click with a girl, rather than let her hang on so it hits her harder later on.

I'm not surprised he had a 9yr relationship and didn't get married. Obviously it was one that was comfortable. But men don't always want to marry "comfortable". She may not have been interested in where he wanted to go. Or vice versa.

At this point, I think he's in it for the right reasons. Whether his true love is actually on the program will show up better once the family meetings happen.

Lorenzo's been around the block. He's been with wealth and enjoys corporate success. He's partied with the prettiest in New York I imagine. So I would have been terribly disappointed if he actually fell for Erika. I think he doesn't want to play games here and recognizes a few who might.

Still wearing my rose colored glasses for him for a few more shows.
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-17-2006 at 04:40 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2105971;
    Ok. So I am a romantic at heart. And I actually like Lorenzo. He seems to not be as much of a player as some of the other bachelors have shown. He makes up his mind fairly easily and isn't afraid to say he just doesn't click with a girl, rather than let her hang on so it hits her harder later on.

I'm not surprised he had a 9yr relationship and didn't get married. Obviously it was one that was comfortable. But men don't always want to marry "comfortable". She may not have been interested in where he wanted to go. Or vice versa.

At this point, I think he's in it for the right reasons. Whether his true love is actually on the program will show up better once the family meetings happen.

Lorenzo's been around the block. He's been with wealth and enjoys corporate success. He's partied with the prettiest in New York I imagine. So I would have been terribly disappointed if he actually fell for Erika. I think he doesn't want to play games here and recognizes a few who might.

Still wearing my rose colored glasses for him for a few more shows.
    Excellent comments and I agree 100% with all you've said . . I like him too. I hope he finds THE ONE. The remaining girls are bit young for him, though, and even though he may be ready . . are they?

FORT Fogey
    9 year relationship. Yowza. I have been busy and have not kept abreast of all the details.

There is a simultaneous truth here. He was recruited, obviously, and probably weighed both advantages. One is finding love and the other was to get media attention for his business. Nothing wrong with that either. Reality TV has opened doors and helped many promote themselves.

He seems a genuine, grounded and smart man. I like him and see that he is taking this seriously. I do not believe he ends up in love. On the Ellen show, when asked, his demeanor was very reserved though he admitted to finding love. He did not claim he had fallen in love nor did he exude excitement about the outcome. He was understated and probably following show protocol.

I feel that he doesn't show much emotion about anything. I haven't seen him that exicted about any of the women, or the dates...YET. Very one-dimensional guy.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2106832;
    I feel that he doesn't show much emotion about anything. I haven't seen him that exicted about any of the women, or the dates...YET. Very one-dimensional guy.
    We always get that infuriating edit. Only in the precious, few outakes do we get a true glimpse of connections and personality. I am impressed with this guy. Good sense of humor that is evident in interviews. I am not excited about any of these women either. Not sure I can blame him if he is only seeing what we are being shown.

FORT Fanatic
    Dogbat said:

He was recruited, obviously, and probably weighed both advantages. One is finding love and the other was to get media attention for his business. Nothing wrong with that either. Reality TV has opened doors and helped many promote themselves.

Exactly, Dogbat.

Only, I dont think 'finding love' has anything to do with the motives of any of the bachelors that have been on the show. Let's look at that-and bear with me, this is going to be a long post.

Alex Michael-rumors are he's gay. From an early interview or bio, I seem to remember that he was interested in getting into the production end of show business, or something like that. His final two choices were Amanda and Trista. Almost immediately after the series was over, we began to see promotions for a Bachelorette show featuring Trista, and I've always believed that Alex, having no romantic interest in either one, chose Amanda so as to free Trista for that show. Amanda was dumped after the show ASAP. I don't know if or how Alex profited from his stint as the Bachelor-he hasn't been heard from since.

Aaron Buerge-Aaron was an entrepreneur with a restaurant and maybe other business interests to promote. I think of all the bachelors, Aaron enjoyed the experience of being on the show the most-the attention, the girls, the fame. (The red-blooded stud someone was saying they wish the show would choose.) While I think he was genuinely attracted to Helene, it was fleeting and there was no committment -he was catting around as soon as the show was over. Not so smart of him. Helene bought into the fairy tale and was humiliated; she had no interest in maintaining a fiction to exploit their fame for business promotional purposes, though I think he tried to persuade her. Aaron clung to his 15 minutes as best he could solo, and my guess is that today, wherever he is, he still enjoys attention from show fans.

Andrew Firestone-his job is promoting the family winery, which I'm sure got a big boost in name recognition and sales from the show. I didn't watch his series, but since they maintained a relationship for some months after the show, he apparently had genuine feelings for Jen...but the fact that she was pretty and they made an attractive couple, and that she was willing to go to work to promote Firestone winery didn't hurt. Good for him, and good for her-Jen looks out for #1. Business deal? I think it was more that than a romance for her. Interesting that Andrew appeared on her ATFR show-but again, it was good for business.

Bob Guiney-tried to parlay his Bachelor fame into a music/acting career that went nowhere. He also wrote an autobiography, which, if it had spilled the beans on The Bachelor, I would have read, but who wants to read about Bob? He had utterly no interest in the girl he picked-he'd fallen for someone else by then and picked a girl because he had to. That would be a special distinction for her-dumped BEFORE the final rose ceremony....

Jesse Palmer-I read that his agent got him the show. Jesse was looking to promote his football career-and perhaps other options. His 'romance' was over and sank out of sight immediately after the show.

Byron Velvick-he was my favorite Bachelor, because he seemed to genuinely throw himself into the spirit of the thing, and I think he really did fall for Mary. Nonetheless, on the professional fishing circuit, the Bachelor publicity was worth big bucks in the endorsement deals, as were their subsequent appearances together. Great for both of them; she's in the real estate business and the publicity was priceless for her too. We've never heard any wedding plans. May well be solely a business partnership by now.

Charlie O'Connell-actor wannabe. Didn't we hear his agent got him the show? He and Sarah seemed to genuinely connect, though I've read that they split recently. Sarah was a better choice for him careerwise than uneducated, kind of backwards Krisily (whom I liked heaps better than Sarah). There was no particular benefit to either of them, other than the positive image of sticking with Sarah for a while after the show. Being The Bachelor doesn't seem to have given much of a bounce to Charlie's acting career, but it didn't hurt.

Travis Stork-was there ever a more reluctant Bachelor? He seemed to hate every minute of being on the show. But, if the rumors concerning his motives are true, it paid off the med school bills and freed him financially to make the move to Colorado. He certainly wasn't romantically attracted to Sarah; choosing her over the absurdly emotional Moana was the do-no-harm option. And it was good for her; she's no longer teaching (I think she was looking for other career options) and she's currently exploiting her fame on the local celebrity circuit in Nashville. Travis got the dough and was able to boost a hometown girl. Good for both of them.

And finally, our latest Bachelor, the Canine Cosmetics Magnate. He seems bored and basically uninterested in any of the girls, but his business and the Borghese cosmetics line have gained exposure to millions. Finding love...pfffffth. Finding someone attractive to do the Andrew and Jen thing for Borghese would perhaps be a possibility. And on THAT score, I think the best bet for him is Lisa. She's attractive, well spoken, mature and focused, a planner. Aggressive, which PLO isnt. Sadie, maybe-she's in public relations, I think? But the virgin thing may ruin that plan. People would forever be speculating about whether she's given it up for him yet instead of worrying about Rover's dull coat.

It would be interesting to analyze the remaining girls in terms of who would be a good publicity tour partner, or at least be easy to dump quickly after the show ends....anybody got any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by onewally; 10-18-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2107091;
    Alex Michael-rumors are he's gay.
    And an idiot. Don't forget that little nugget.

Aaron Buerge-Helene bought into the fairy tale and was humiliated; she had no interest in maintaining a fiction to exploit their fame for business promotional purposes, though I think he tried to persuade her. Aaron clung to his 15 minutes as best he could solo, and my guess is that today, wherever he is, he still enjoys attention from show fans.
    Helene didn't come away empty handed. She and Gwen co-wrote a book - on dating, as if to continue the hilarity. Helene got her money's worth out of the fiasco, not to mention the chance to nail Aaron's two-timing hiney in an emotionally charged post-Bachelor interview with Chris.

Andrew Firestone-he apparently had genuine feelings for Jen...but Jen looks out for #1. Business deal? I think it was more that than a romance, at least for her.
    I think she had feelings for him, and I think she loved the idea of loving him. But I think in their relationship, surely she got tired of sharing digs with his roommate, and she probably also wasn't too wild about shilling for Firestone vineyards. She definitely seemed to want more, both in terms of a living arrangement and career.

Bob Guiney-tried to parlay his Bachelor fame into a music/acting career that went nowhere. He also wrote an autobiography, which, if it had spilled the beans on The Bachelor, I would have read, but who wants to read about Bob?
    He? Annoyed me to no end. Talk about a horny bastard who used the show to prove his manhood. He makes Alex's attempt to prove his heterosexuality look cartoonish by comparison.

Jesse Palmer
    Just the name Jesse Palmer conjures up images of the high school jock who sat in the back of the room wearing his football jersey, chatting up the cheerleaders in hopes of getting it on in the backseat of his Mustang convertible - and continuing to behave that way into his forties. He is dumb as hair.

Byron Velvick-he was my favorite Bachelor, because he seemed to genuinely throw himself into the spirit of the thing, and I think he really did fall for Mary. We've never heard any wedding plans. May well be solely a business partnership by now.
    I liked Byron too. And I think I read recently that they are living together and planning the wedding. I thought it even was for this winter - November, maybe? I do think those two will get married, although for the love of buttercream frosting, I hope they do it privately and without cameras.

Charlie O'Connell
    Um ... see above, re: Jesse Palmer.

Travis Stork-was there ever a more reluctant Bachelor?
    I could not stop watching him because I was convinced that he was going to storm off the set and run away from the madness. I hope he did get his med school bills paid off at the very least. As for Sarah, I think she's in real estate now. Probably doing the booty dance for prospective clients.

And finally, our latest Bachelor, the Canine Cosmetics Magnate. I think the best bet for him is Lisa. She's attractive, well spoken, mature and focused, a planner.
    Except that she has no public speaking abilities. Recordings of her voice could be used in prisoner interrogations as a torture device.

Sadie, maybe-she's in public relations, I think? But the virgin thing may ruin that plan. People would forever be speculating about whether she's given it up for him yet instead of worrying about Rover's dull coat.
    But LoBo wouldn't care so long as he sold the grooming products. In fact, he probably would encourage the speculation.
    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of.

Onewally you for got one Meredith. What did you think of her and Ian?

FORT Fanatic
    Bugsme, I didnt have much interest in the Bachelorettes. I watched the end of Trista's and her wedding, and all of Jen's, just because it was such a train wreck-o could I write a post on THAT one. I saw not one minute of Meredith's Bachelorette, but from all reports I think Meredith and Ian had the genuine thing going for a decent amount of time. But thanks for asking me my opinion, I love THAT. I've got a million of 'em.

+ Reply to Thread