+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo - Bachelor Rome

I guess I consider success on this program differently than most.
    I considered Andrew and Jen a success - until Jen's series. I consider Mer and Ian a success, Sara and Charlie, of course, Trista and Ryan, Mary and Byron. k
    I consider any relationship - oops - well any connection - oops - well any "exclusively-going -together-friendship" - how's that? that lasts a few months beyond the show's viewing finish - to be a success.
    If they try for awhile after all the hoop-la - That's success in my book.
    So maybe Lorz will also be a success
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    I guess I consider success on this program differently than most.
    I considered Andrew and Jen a success - until Jen's series. I consider Mer and Ian a success, Sara and Charlie, of course, Trista and Ryan, Mary and Byron. k
    I consider any relationship - oops - well any connection - oops - well any "exclusively-going -together-friendship" - how's that? that lasts a few months beyond the show's viewing finish - to be a success.
    If they try for awhile after all the hoop-la - That's success in my book.
    So maybe Lorz will also be a success
    Man, your standards are even lower than mine. I didn't think that was possible.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

jelle it seems that you saying that any relationship that comes out of this show that is serious (living together , moving to another state to be together etc.) ,even if not leading to marriage , is a show success. Hmm. I guess I can buy that interpretation. In all four of your examples one member of the couple moved across country to be with the other. I never really thought of it that way.

Just checked the website linked above.

Larry's now prominently featured on the front page of the winery website, as if he had anything to do with it besides being a drinker of the wine produced there. Hey, but who can fault them? Even winemakers need to eat and free publicity means more food on the table.

The shopping page says that Larry's favorite wine is something called Meritage. I wonder how they came up with that name. It sounds like heritage misspelled or maybe it's heritage that has merit, hence Meritage. Whatever, weird name. But I'm happy Larry likes it.

But all this is beside the point, the blog is the funny part. The Princess says that Europeans like "stopping to smell the roses" - never mind that she's probably not European herself - but her header says "Princesses don't overindulge" so I think what she really meant to say is that Europeans can get as drunk as any American but if you want to be a Princess step away from the drink... unless it's a Borghese wine. Larry likes that Meritage wine, you know. Now that one you can have a lot of, as much as you want in fact, and we do sell it right here for your convenience at $48 a bottle, $13 shipping plus tax. All major credit cards accepted.

I'm eagerly awaiting her next "insight" into the show.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    jelle it seems that you saying that any relationship that comes out of this show that is serious (living together , moving to another state to be together etc.) ,even if not leading to marriage , is a show success. Hmm. I guess I can buy that interpretation. In all four of your examples one member of the couple moved across country to be with the other. I never really thought of it that way.
    This is probably not the tread for this discussion, but I guess it is as good as any.
    The reality of actually getting engaged and it sticking after The Bachelor experience is remote. It is too bad that it is promoted that way and that the spend a gazillion dollars on a ring that they repossess - because we would recognize if they used the same one - and the process itself is surrealistic at best
    I love the show for the detecting it affords and the fun at the FORT and for the absurdity of it all. I create my own definition of success, because to expect any more than that, I find to be impossible.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Just checked the website linked above.

Larry's now prominently featured on the front page of the winery website, as if he had anything to do with it besides being a drinker of the wine produced there. Hey, but who can fault them? Even winemakers need to eat and free publicity means more food on the table.

The shopping page says that Larry's favorite wine is something called Meritage. I wonder how they came up with that name. It sounds like heritage misspelled or maybe it's heritage that has merit, hence Meritage. Whatever, weird name. But I'm happy Larry likes it.

But all this is beside the point, the blog is the funny part. The Princess says that Europeans like "stopping to smell the roses" - never mind that she's probably not European herself - but her header says "Princesses don't overindulge" so I think what she really meant to say is that Europeans can get as drunk as any American but if you want to be a Princess step away from the drink... unless it's a Borghese wine. Larry likes that Meritage wine, you know. Now that one you can have a lot of, as much as you want in fact, and we do sell it right here for your convenience at $48 a bottle, $13 shipping plus tax. All major credit cards accepted.

Couldn't find the link here (must have been deleted because it is pure capitalization on the Borghese name tied to the Bachelor.) But, I did search the topics on the ABC board and found it. I had read the thread previously, but this time opened the link. More power to them - eyes on ads mean sales.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

well, if the bachelor didnt promote the marriage thing i wouldnt call the show such a failure, but since it does, i look at it as failure

now if it was just a show to find a boyfriend/girlfriend....well, i guess you could call it a "remote" success if you talking relationships that last more than one month

as for lorenzo, i like him, i think he's my favorite bachelor....now i haven't seen all the seasons, but compared to travis/charlie/jesse he's soooo much better....tavis was way too uptight, charlie was fun but such a player, and jesse wasnt much to brag about

will i think he will marry his pick? i doubt it, but you never know, and like someone else said in here, some of my friends dated their boyfriends for YEARS, on avearge at least 4 years, but then went on to marry someone they dated for 6 months....and are still married

so it happens

actually i think it shows a lot he's in long term relationships.....i would not call him a player, he seems to take his relationships seriously, and for this show, that's a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Forget hers. I want Kim Jackson's.
    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of.

Fort Fan
    In the video posted on the Insider's website Lorenzo describes his 'special someone' as "wonderful, beautiful, fun, really really sweet... We had this strange bond on the show.... It is strange dating in front of the cameras."

It appears he likes the one he selected. The big question is how long will the relationship last?

http://theinsideronline.com/celeb/4805/

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2103021;
    Man, your standards are even lower than mine. I didn't think that was possible.
    Bachelor Success = They still like each other by the time the After the Final Rose show is taped.

+ Reply to Thread