+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lorenzo - Bachelor Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit;2162329;
    I think a lot of it was him believing that he was so tortured in making a decision. He sat in front of the camera with his head sideways, enacting a long pause as two perfect tears spilled down his face. Drama for the camera IMHO.

I think once the publicity ends you will read about them going their seperate ways. I don't think he is trying to be mean, but he is too in love with himself to really know how to love and respect a woman. I do kind of feel sorry for Jen and Sadie.
    VERY good post. that tear spilling down his cheek I thought too, was for the camera. He cared for both girls at the same time, and couldnt face Sadie, as some have said, because he still did not know who to choose..basically because he was not blown away by either girl. He HAD to make a choice, and it was Jen. I have to wonder too, if this guy can commit.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2162360;
    I have to wonder too, if this guy can commit.
    Well he's reportedly had two VERY longterm relationships and has yet to marry...

fantastic analysis
    http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/11/30/093538.php
    This is the most insightful and cogent article I've read and it really explains why this season didnt capture my interest as much as some of the others. I just could not articulate the reasons for my disinterest. Thank goodness somebody else did. Great armchair analysis of Lorenzo too. Wow. Enjoy.
    I am bringing this over from the media thread in case some of you are avoiding the Spoilers threads portion of this site. Best analysis I have read and lots of food for thought.
    Favorite line:
    Other than wanting everyone to move to New York City, where was the "there" with this guy?
    And the mention of finger analysis must be a reference to us!

Just read the article and loved it. It kind of says it all and gives a good analysis of Lorenzo, his ladies, and Fleiss' faux romantic editing. Why do we watch this dreck? Because it is great fun to talk about and analyze. Kind of like slowing down to check out an accident.
    Last edited by aname; 11-30-2006 at 05:45 PM.

Oy -so we are all rubberneckers? I suppose so, but let's put a Fleissian spin on it. We work for a secret government agency and sleuthing this show keeps us sharp. And ready for .... well, we really cant talk about it.

I don't go in for analysing this show and I did quite warm to Lorenzo, but his final two left me baffled.
    I obviously know neither of them and only get to see the edited version of the women that the producers want me to see, but I didn't think either of them was a good fit for him.
    They were both quite a bit younger than Lorenzo and Jen in particular seemed annoyingly giggly to me.
    Everything was so "amazing" to her.
    I would honestly have tired of her in about five minutes.
    I can't see this relationship lasting because I just don't think they're a good match.
    I would have had the same opinion had he chosen Sadie.
    I just thought his choices were strange.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2166097;
    I obviously know neither of them and only get to see the edited version of the women that the producers want me to see, but I didn't think either of them was a good fit for him.
    I can see why you would say that. In a sense, it is "amazing" (someone help me; I can't shake that term) that anyone finds anything resembling love on a show like this. I think the big deal is that the people are somewhat prescreened. I mean you could walk into a party or a bar and meet a group of people, but some are married, some are dating, etc. On the show, it's a sure thing that you have 25 people who are single and actually want to meet someone. I think it must be those odds that keeps applicants coming to the show.

I can only imagine that after the first night, there are only a couple of people you can contemplate dating. I always wonder about the show introducing newcomers, such as two hot Italian ladies or bringing back Mary. Maybe the Bach says, "Look, Chris, I can't see myself with more than 3 of these women. You've got to give me someone else."

Just thinking aloud . . . .

I still think he's a cad, and I stand by what i said on the HSN messageboard (which got me banned BTW)---he's a turd. He had the lamest excuse for dumping Agnese.
    This season was the most emotional for me. I usually figure this show is stupid, and so is the Bachelor whoever he may be, but for some reason, I got all tied up in PLO and Agnese. I even named my ferret after her--
    Faxon Agnese Crignese Borghese.
    I am still very angry with him. I should be paying attention to day to day, and not let this bother me so much.

FORT Fan

just a thanks

Pajamasam was kind enough to link my post over at blogcritics about the show's finale. Many of you had some very kind comments about it and I wanted you to know that I very much appreciate them.
    I don't comment a lot over here, but I do read this board regularly. btw, that particular article is one of a series. I also did reviews of American Idol last year.

Mods just edit this if I broke a rule somewhere.

http://del.icio.us/chancelucky/Bachelor

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2162535;
    I am bringing this over from the media thread in case some of you are avoiding the Spoilers threads portion of this site. Best analysis I have read and lots of food for thought.
    Favorite line: And the mention of finger analysis must be a reference to us!
    Pamajasam...thanks for posting this...it was a GREAT article.

+ Reply to Thread