+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Could somebody do me a favor?

FORT Newbie

Could somebody do me a favor?

Monday night was the first time I've ever seen "The Bachelor" and I'm out of the loop. Could somebody tell me the "rules" for participation? Or "terms for termination"? I've googled and not been able to find anything. I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that having had an abortion or having been previously married would get a contestant booted. Also, when I looked at abc's application page, it said that contestants had to sign medical release forms.

I do hope that means that if something happens on-site, the producers can procure medical treatment for the contestant(s), not that the contestants' records are available for the producers' perusal.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    elle

Quote Originally Posted by ellesbelles View Post
    Monday night was the first time I've ever seen "The Bachelor" and I'm out of the loop. Could somebody tell me the "rules" for participation? Or "terms for termination"? I've googled and not been able to find anything. I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that having had an abortion or having been previously married would get a contestant booted. Also, when I looked at abc's application page, it said that contestants had to sign medical release forms.

I do hope that means that if something happens on-site, the producers can procure medical treatment for the contestant(s), not that the contestants' records are available for the producers' perusal.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    elle
    The first several seasons of The Bachelor did not field any women that I remember who were married. I think Charlie's season really had the first women who actually had a child from a previous relationship. Travis had a contestant who was previously married whom he promptly ditched. All the contestants are supposedly screened for STDs, although contestants with emotional frailties are not banned, but seem to be encouraged to apply and be accepted.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow View Post
    contestants with emotional frailties are not banned, but seem to be encouraged to apply and be accepted.
    THANKS!

Related question: Anybody know how old the oldest female contestant was? I'm guessing hmmmmm... Heather was 34... maybe 34?

elle

Quote Originally Posted by ellesbelles View Post
    THANKS!

Related question: Anybody know how old the oldest female contestant was? I'm guessing hmmmmm... Heather was 34... maybe 34?

elle
    Yuppers I think it was Heather indeedy.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

FORT Newbie
    The first bachelor, Alex's choice, Amanda had been married.

joa
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesbelles;2096027;
    THANKS!

elle

If you're talking about every season, Mary (who snagged Byron) was about 36 at the time, which would make her about 38 now (and they show no sign of tying the knot). I thought there was also a 39 year old on that same show, but don't hold me to that.

How old the bachelorettes are will depend on the bachelor...it seems Byron may have wanted them older as he was really serious about finding a mate. Every other show they have topped out at early 30s with most girls in their 20s (and it shows ).

Quote Originally Posted by joa;2160132;
    If you're talking about every season, Mary (who snagged Byron) was about 36 at the time, which would make her about 38 now (and they show no sign of tying the knot). I thought there was also a 39 year old on that same show, but don't hold me to that.

How old the bachelorettes are will depend on the bachelor...it seems Byron may have wanted them older as he was really serious about finding a mate. Every other show they have topped out at early 30s with most girls in their 20s (and it shows ).
    Melinda was 39 - Byron dismissed her the first night, but the rumor was that she had gotten together later with Jay, the other Bachelor who didn't get picked the first night. Mary was the only successful mid-30's Bachelorette at 36, but it didn't hurt that she looked 25. Cyndi was 37 and made it to the final three the same season, but she also looked several years younger.

Fleiss definitely prefers 'em in the 22 -28 age range, and there is a reason - statistically it has been shown that when a man decides he wants to get married and doesn't have a candidate, that's the age group he looks at first, regardless of whether he is 22 or 75. I guess Fleiss thinks those 29-year-old hags are just not competitive in the hot tub any more. It's funny how all of Lorenzo's 30+ Bachelorettes were dismissed immediately, too.

joa
    Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2165143;
    Melinda was 39 - Byron dismissed her the first night, but the rumor was that she had gotten together later with Jay, the other Bachelor who didn't get picked the first night

....I guess Fleiss thinks those 29-year-old hags are just not competitive in the hot tub any more. It's funny how all of Lorenzo's 30+ Bachelorettes were dismissed immediately, too.
    Thanks for confirming the 39 year old...I'm not senile yet at the ripe old (decrepit by Fleiss standards) age of 41. My immediate goal is to look OK in my tried and true bikini in January in Mexico, but I *would* be kicked right outta Fleiss' hot tub. (Good thing I'm not lookin' for a navy doc...) Funny, I bet Fleiss wouldn't look so great in a hot tub...

+ Reply to Thread