+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Lisa - Bachelor Rome

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by neneng;2147300;
    Her demeanor was very telling. She was obviously upset with his intrusive questions
    Since when is it "intrusive" to ask personal questions about her love life and her future plans of somebody that you may be asking to marry you or at least go very very steady within a couple of weeks? And it seems to me that his "unabashed contempt" started coming on just about the time that Lisa began reacting as if the questions somehow blindsided her. Anyone who would be surprised by those questions and would think that the fantasy date is a just-for-fun date like the early ones is pretty clueless, if you ask me, and particularly clueless about the state of mind that the main character in the Bach (as opposed to the throng) is supposed to have.

I remember how Byron and Mary said they hid in a closet on their fantasy date to talk seriously out of the reach of what they feared were hidden microphones. If you're really interested in exploring an actual relationship with the actual person in front of you, I don't believe you'd find anything that Lorenzo asked "intrusive" or want that fantasy date to be a just-fun occasion.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neneng;2147443;
    And he, per recent reports, declared that he decided who the final one would be just two hours before the FRC.
    Unless there's an interview I've missed - I haven't seen Lorenzo declare that. The two hour comment on Ellen was Lorenzo being facetious with his answer to Ellen asking him how far in he suddenly realized that she was the one. He came back after Ellen asked him "really?" with "yeah" then said "no honestly the last two women are incredible".
    Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last. -- Nicholas Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2149129;
    Since when is it "intrusive" to ask personal questions about her love life and her future plans of somebody that you may be asking to marry you or at least go very very steady within a couple of weeks? And it seems to me that his "unabashed contempt" started coming on just about the time that Lisa began reacting as if the questions somehow blindsided her. Anyone who would be surprised by those questions and would think that the fantasy date is a just-for-fun date like the early ones is pretty clueless, if you ask me, and particularly clueless about the state of mind that the main character in the Bach (as opposed to the throng) is supposed to have.

I remember how Byron and Mary said they hid in a closet on their fantasy date to talk seriously out of the reach of what they feared were hidden microphones. If you're really interested in exploring an actual relationship with the actual person in front of you, I don't believe you'd find anything that Lorenzo asked "intrusive" or want that fantasy date to be a just-fun occasion.
    AMEN!!!!

I think Lisa was shocked by the questions--I am so glad they were asked.

And that note statement--"I already know what that says" was a big no-no-
    she shold have been more cool than that.
    I don't think the face that she is a Mktg Manager is of any validity because if it is, she should've known her audience. I think it may be important to have the other girls like you as wellas well as the general public.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dopeydwarf;2157391;
    AMEN!!!!

I think Lisa was shocked by the questions--I am so glad they were asked.

And that note statement--"I already know what that says" was a big no-no-
    she shold have been more cool than that.
    I don't think the face that she is a Mktg Manager is of any validity because if it is, she should've known her audience. I think it may be important to have the other girls like you as wellas well as the general public.
    Lisa was just an odd duck, period. She's the perfect example of someone who makes a great first impression but cant sustain the illusion for long. Why? She has poor judgement and, for all her familiarity with the show, a fundamental misunderstanding of what works well on this show. Remember when they were discussing when they lost their virginity? Lisa participated in that convo, saying to the camera, "OOPS mom and dad." She could have done what someone else did and let that pass without answering. There was the 'let me show you my wild and crazy side' skinny dip with Desiree. Poor judgement, or maybe she's just a person with a tendency to be a follower than a leader, which would explain a lot of her actions on this show.

Her date with PLO went poorly because by that time he'd lost interest in her and was just going through the motions and the whole date was awkward and disjointed. I thought when he was grilling her at the table that a smarter, quicker girl would have deflected those q's and changed the subject.
    She wasnt a bit savvy about the way she presented herself on this show.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2167432;
    Lisa was just an odd duck, period. She's the perfect example of someone who makes a great first impression but cant sustain the illusion for long. Why? She has poor judgement and, for all her familiarity with the show, a fundamental misunderstanding of what works well on this show. Remember when they were discussing when they lost their virginity? Lisa participated in that convo, saying to the camera, "OOPS mom and dad." She could have done what someone else did and let that pass without answering. There was the 'let me show you my wild and crazy side' skinny dip with Desiree. Poor judgement, or maybe she's just a person with a tendency to be a follower than a leader, which would explain a lot of her actions on this show.

Her date with PLO went poorly because by that time he'd lost interest in her and was just going through the motions and the whole date was awkward and disjointed. I thought when he was grilling her at the table that a smarter, quicker girl would have deflected those q's and changed the subject.
    She wasnt a bit savvy about the way she presented herself on this show.

Yep, I think this description of Lisa is dead on. Odd duck, indeed. She seems to be missing certain ways of perceiving things or something.

Well, Oregon is known for its ducks, odd or not.

I found her refreshingly a step out of the ordinary bachelorette mode; much in the same way I found Moana. But, that said, she really didn't play the game well, at all. She was doing fine until the park date (second epi) when she lied to him by not owning up to her agenda. IF she had done so, either they could have hashed it out then and still found an interest OR he would have refused her the rose. That was her original sin - the lie by omission.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112