+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadie - Bachelor Rome

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Himm2 View Post
    Gina, Erica & Desiree
    Hi Himm2 that's great.. you need to post that in the Fun with the Bachelor thread and join us with any other fun 'works of graphic art'!! We love using humor at our Bachelor and Bachelorettes' expense!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

I like Sadie a lot. She's definitely cute, not dorky, not a big partyer (babeee), and has class. She's also very family oriented and that may be a big plus for her, despite her age.

I think he is seriously considering her, did appreciate her honesty, but also agree that I'm not sure if the sparks are there to take her all the way to the final rose. I think the Bach. isn't quite sure yet how to deal with her. He never dated a virgin before, he said.

I really would like to see her in the final 3 for sure!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

How does he know that he never dated a virgin before? I guess he never had a casual date that he didn't ask. o.k. too literal, but it struck me as a funny comment. I didn't know that virgins came with labels on their foreheads. I just think that if any guy is serious about dating a girl for herself he's not going not date her because she's a virgin. :nono Only on the bachelor does this become problematic. Which says a lot about how we view this show or at least how I view the show.

In a way, it is too bad Sadie is a virgin, because if that was not a factor, I think she had the inside track. From the beginning, they seemed to have the most rapport. They talked easily, shared personal anecdotes, and he seemed the most comfortable with her. Now that he knows, it will become the elephant in the room and it will be interesting to see how he handles her armed with the knowledge that she is a virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;2100774;
    And from the beginning I have been taken aback by the admission that she wants to save herself for marriage. Why is that even coming up now - I know the girls asked each other - but apparently she tells L in the next episode. If he asks her - then obviously he is getting hints on what to talk about as he did with Lisa when he was talking about people living on a time line. But I wouldn't think this issue of hers would come up til there was some indication that he was interested in having sex with her. He hasn't even kissed her yet !
    I think the whole situation with Sadie's virginity has become almost entirely her identity on the show (at least so far) and I think that's unfortunate and I wonder if she knew that would happen. Obviously, there's way more to her and what makes her tick above and beyond this decision. I really wonder why she said anything to the other girls at all. She seems pretty comfortable with her decision and isn't shy about talking about it, but still. It really puts her in an awkward position on this show.

It isn't even that being a virgin is some sort of scarlet letter. I think its the 'waiting for marriage' requirement that makes it such a big deal on this show. Even under the best of circumstances, the vast majority of these relationships don't last. Adding the potential marriage issue makes it even more.. uncomfortable for the guy handing out the roses.

The fact that he called her 'cute little Sadie' when he gave her the rose last night made me think "uh oh" last night. But, judging by the previews, maybe she's trying to be seen as more than just the cute, virginal, sweet girl. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

While I admire Sadie and all she stands for, I don't think she should have announced her virginity on National Television. I am willing to bet she is catching heck about this. I am sure wherever she goes, people who recognize her are pointing and whispering. She strikes me as a good and decent person, so, I hope she is doing okay.

easily distracted
    Could someone please answer this burning question I've had:

Many of you have pointed out why Lorenzo might not want her. And you make good points. But I am wondering why she would want him.

Since she is waiting for marriage, it seems that she is doing this for moral reasons. So it seems that she would want someone with similar values.

I can't imagine why someone who is waiting for marriage not only wants someone who has had a lot of partners, but is willing to go on a show that implies that the bachelor sleeps with a few women on the overnight dates. (Long-time viewers realize that often nothing goes on, but this show goes out of its way to imply that the bach does sleep with several people).

Why would she want to save herself for someone who hasn't saved himself for her?

Quote Originally Posted by lemur;2106430;
    Why would she want to save herself for someone who hasn't saved himself for her?
    Maybe the lure of 15 minutes of fame was stronger than keeping her girlie parts closed. Who knows. It seems quite disingenuous, to say the least, to sashay about on a television show, playing tonsil hockey and competing against other women for the dude, all the while proclaiming one's virginity. If I were more cynnical, I'd think that good old Look at Me, I'm Sadie Dee was putting on an act ...
    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff;2106455;
    Maybe the lure of 15 minutes of fame was stronger than keeping her girlie parts closed. Who knows. It seems quite disingenuous, to say the least, to sashay about on a television show, playing tonsil hockey and competing against other women for the dude, all the while proclaiming one's virginity. If I were more cynnical, I'd think that good old Look at Me, I'm Sadie Dee was putting on an act ...
    Look at Me, I'm Sadie Dee... I like that. All she needs now is a pale pink twinset, some pearls and her hair in a ponytail and we all know that Sandie sexed it up to get her man at the end of the movie. Maybe little Sadie Dee will also sex it up to get her man when it comes down to the wire, in fact, that's probably her ace in the hole, so to speak.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2106797;
    Maybe little Sadie Dee will also sex it up to get her man when it comes down to the wire, in fact, that's probably her ace in the hole, so to speak.
    Well, judging by the preview for next week, Sadie Dee doesn't have a problem with tongue dancing. I have no doubt that there is a tart in her that is just dying to come out - and what a better place than on national television.
    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of.

+ Reply to Thread