+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadie - Bachelor Rome

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan View Post
    It does seem unlikely, however a) a great majority of these girls are significantly younger than PL (which bugs me a little) and b) some guys LIKE the idea of a virgin. Or so I'm told. But yeah that's asking a lot of a 34-year-old man to willingly date a woman he knows won't sleep with him until they're married. But maybe her "condition" wins a few points with PL's parents and that sways his decision?
    I too am bugged that they have put such young girls in this show to match up with a 34 year old man. But, doesn't Lorenzo seem a lot younger than 34? He appears rather naive and unworldly for 34. Maybe he was a geek and/or very shy when younger and not attractive to women, hence his seeming lack of sophistication. In that case, a virgin of 23 (rather old to be a virgin) would appeal to him. However, if he allows his parents to sway his decision in any way at his age, I question his maturity level for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I too am bugged that they have put such young girls in this show to match up with a 34 year old man.
    "24-year-old girls make much better television. Emotional instability and hot tubs." -- Mike Fleiss

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Sadie has such a baby-doll look about her - at least in the first episode. Also in that episode, she thinks the one on one went well, but her comments about him being worth it kinda shut him down and she didn't notice. But, we see that she does move to the second epi so maybe he went for her ethereal type cuteness. I did notice that she is the one who keeps going on and on about being a princess. Sadie - this is no fairy tale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Sadie's a young 'un

Sadie is still young enough to view this as PL really being a PRINCE, like in a fairy tale. I honestly like him, esp. from HSN, but something's up w/ him sticking with a gf for 9 years w/o marriage and then going on this show. I'm not going to fall into the trap of this being a great love story again! It's a great adventure, but not a good beginning for an enduring relationship. Also, frankly his mother has not been anxious to talk about the SHOW while she's on HSN. She has no comment when the host has brought up that she's the "bachelor's mother". She just doesn't seem too excited frankly.

Having said that PL is pretty darn cute and this might be fun. It's definitely fun to read all you great sleuthers posts!

Sadie would be my fav pick if she weren't so young for an experience 34 year old executive. She sees and he sees . You do the math

I'm not going to read too much into his mother's reactions. She may be worried about: how he will come across (valid), saying something that gives us a big clue (valid), a hurried engagement to a girl she hardly knows (valid), or she may just not be thrilled that he chose to do this at all (doubtful, because she's got everything to gain by the exposure for her products.)

The little cherub is cute.. Give her a break. She will get at least to the hometown stage I think, so we get a good look at the smoggy hillsides of Southern California.
    Last edited by lildago; 10-06-2006 at 02:47 PM.

Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I too am bugged that they have put such young girls in this show to match up with a 34 year old man. But, doesn't Lorenzo seem a lot younger than 34? He appears rather naive and unworldly for 34. Maybe he was a geek and/or very shy when younger and not attractive to women, hence his seeming lack of sophistication. In that case, a virgin of 23 (rather old to be a virgin) would appeal to him. However, if he allows his parents to sway his decision in any way at his age, I question his maturity level for marriage.

Here is what I think and this is JMO but I am 39 and my brother is
    35 and a lot of guys my age and a lot of his friends are looking for women
    between about 22-27 or 28 they are NOT looking for women their own age and a friend of mine told me is was because even though they were
    in their 30's they wanted a younger girl who could wait several years
    before she started talking about "HER EGGS ROTTING" and yes that
    is EXACTLY what he said and he does watch the show...so maybe he
    gave them some guidelines before they started picking the girls...I know they
    advertised that Jen help picked the guys for her show....and we don't know
    everything that goes on behind the scenes..(course I would give anything to have one of the girls or one of the guys come out and REALLY TELL IT ALL LIKE IT REALLY IS) but maybe he wanted younger ones...and some guys...NOT SAYING THIS APPLIES TO HIM...but some want them younger because they feel like they can have more control over them and MOLD them into the way they want them.

I noticed with Byron and with Travis a lot of the women were older and
    more mature but they really seemed to put ALL young ones in here
    with the exception of Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyespy View Post
    Here is what I think and this is JMO but I am 39 and my brother is
    35 and a lot of guys my age and a lot of his friends are looking for women
    between about 22-27 or 28 they are NOT looking for women their own age and a friend of mine told me is was because even though they were
    in their 30's they wanted a younger girl who could wait several years
    before she started talking about "HER EGGS ROTTING" and yes that
    is EXACTLY what he said and he does watch the show...so maybe he
    gave them some guidelines before they started picking the girls...
    My friend describes women age 22-28 as the "solution set" for marriage - the group a man of almost any age will seek out first.

Women in that age bracket have tremendous leverage in the dating/marriage game, but it's very much a use-it-or-lose-it advantage.

She's so sweet and cutesy!
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Sadie has been in my top three since the Photos of the girls were first released!

+ Reply to Thread