+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sarah - Bachelor Rome

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Sarah - Bachelor Rome

Sarah, 30
    journalist
    Nelson, British Columbia
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Evidently, Sarah is the token bi-racial girl. She looks a lot like "Allison" on Eureka. She is mature and sexy, but I don't know if she has sparked much interest on his part.

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...a3f4e1&k=11394

B.C. woman makes play for The Bachelor
    Article Tools
    Printer friendly
    Font: * * * * Andy Ivens, CanWest News Service
    Published: Friday, September 29, 2006
    VANCOUVER - It's a long way from the playing fields of Nelson to the gardens of the Villa Borghese in the heart of Rome.

Sarah Schnare is on track to make history having been chosen a finalist for the ABC program The Bachelor.

The ninth edition of the popular TV show will feature Schnare, who has moved on from her fame as a track and field star at L.V. Rogers Secondary School in the '90s to become an editorial assistant with Larry King Live show on CNN.

In 1993, Schnare set the provincial record for the triple jump.

A workmate at her Los Angeles office said Schnare was unavailable to talk to the media yesterday. The Bachelor has been shot and the results of the ninth edition are always a closely guarded Tinseltown secret. The show airs Monday.

The format includes 25 attractive contestants vying for the undying affection of one lucky bachelor -- in this case, Prince Lorenzo Borghese, a fabulously wealthy heir to the family's cosmetics fortune and a descendant of the family that created Villa Borghese in the Eternal City.

While his family tree includes a pope, a cardinal and fistful of Roman demigods over the past 400 years, Prince Lorenzo is famous in his own right for creating and marketing a line of cosmetics for dogs.

"I created this line out of necessity as I came up empty-handed when searching for effective safe products to use on Belle, my 11-year-old black lab," Borghese, 34, explains on his company's website.

"The products I used simply didn't work. They left her skin dry and itchy, her coat became dull and I had to wash her constantly because ... she smelled like a dog."

If the name Borghese sounds familiar to visitors of Rome, it should. Villa Borghese lies in the heart of Rome. At 80 hectares (148 acres), it is the second largest public park in Rome. The Spanish Steps lead up to the popular park and the famous Pincian Hill -- a landmark of ancient Rome -- offers visitors one of the best views the city.

Times Colonist (Victoria) 2006
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    A workmate at her Los Angeles office said Schnare was unavailable to talk to the media yesterday. The Bachelor has been shot and the results of the ninth edition are always a closely guarded Tinseltown secret. The show airs Monday.

This is the part I find interesting. Apparently Canadian Sarah actually lives in LA - that is if she has a physical office she reports to on daily basis in Los Angeles. Hmm...so Nelson, BC is her hometown - not as they listed the town tags for everyone this year - "currently resides in..."
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think they play up the Canadian angle to appeal to Canadian viewers. There's a lot of Canucks following this show. If she were born & raised in California and now lives in Canada, they'd mention Canada not California.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

when was she booted?
    "He is like an Iraqi peach and I want to devour him...take the pit, plant it in the backyard, and HOPE to grow some more."- Marcellus on Kaysar

After the second episode.
    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of.

+ Reply to Thread