And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas
cmhbudgirl, thank you .. .. that is too funny and blondiegal is so right about the "expanding" of the occupational titles!!
I was hoping we'd have at least one Alaska girl, preferably the one who can shoot!!
Plus you gotta love those producers that insisted on having a model after Lorenzo said his one requirement was NO models!! (shakes head, laughing)
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"
okay ABC we have had the names a couple hours...now GIVE US THE PICTURES to go with it....can't do much with JUST the names..lol
YA'LL ARE BEING STINGY....
I WAS RIGHT.....the picture of Lisa Young that cafe girl posted during the screening process is the SAME LISA
Here's my ABC rant: Did they ever pick anyone to go to Paris and will there be an RCG this time?
I must say I'm disappointed. No pharmaceutical sales rep, no cheerleader and and only one model! What is this world coming to? Seriously.
Despite the appalling absence of pharmaceutical sales reps, some interesting statistics emerge from this list that might point to some early frontrunners.
Consider the following:
- We have three people in the media biz. That's good. After this gig is up, Lorenzo might sorely be in need of a good publicist... or two. Although the journalist chick is names Sarah, so if anything she has a leg up on her fellow mediaHO competition.
- There are 3 realtors, which is probably Fleiss' attempt at an upgrade in honor of Lorenzo's bluish bloodlines. Realtors, as we all know are at least a step above pharmaceutical sales persons. Sadly, however, one of these upgrades is 22 and probably a Mormon, and the other is 30. They might not last long. This leaves Tara, who is 24. Unfortunately girls named after Scarlett O'Hara's fertile land never seem to do well on this show. She should have gone into figure skating instead.
- There are three women in the health care field but lamentably all appear to be in human medicine. Tsk, tsk, tsk Fleiss! Couldn't you have scared up at least one doggie nurse so I could make fun of her? The nurse will probably be ditched the first night though... she's 34, and the oldest of the bunch. There goes my secret dream of having a non-Sarah nurse winner some day .
- We have four chicks whose names start with a J, two of whom are teachers. Double whammy! Age wise they are between 23 and 27. I'll split the difference and say Jessica, 25 the assistant buyer has the edge here. Although, what purchases is she assisting with? Could be anything from condoms to green bell peppers, so we'll see. If she turns out to be in the pet supply business, I think I'll put some money on this horse. I mean, her name is Jessica, people. In any case it's looking good for a J winner.
- The only person from DoggyBoy's home state is Carissa, 25, the attorney. Hmmm. Will they bond over good ole' New Jersey tax free shopping? Unless she looks like a cross between a chihuahua and a labrador, she's got a good chance of making it past the initial meet-and-greet night bloodbath.
- And then we have Erica, 23... socialite from Houston, TX. Is that a real occupation and if so where does one acquire a degree in socialiting? And do they offer scholarships with that? I must say she's my favorite so far. I was hoping for a throneless exiled royal Princess for Lorenzo, so they'd have plenty to bond over and plenty for me make up jokes about, but this social bunny will do. I'm fervently hoping Lorenzo is keeping her for at least a few episodes. Burning question: will she be allowed to bring her butler?
- Four, count 'em four, "ladies" are from Illinois. I guess those 2am recruiting stops at those Chicago bars were successful, after all. Money well spent Fleiss! See, I always maintained that a couple of shots of tequila will do wonders and in this case waiting until everyone had a chance to have at least four shots of tequila produced amazing results. Let's see if Lorenzo can appreciate all that hard work and keep at least one of the girls who signed up under the influence.
- Last but not least I must say I'm dismayed that there is only one Sarah. Although my aversion towards Sarah winners is well documented in this forum, I can't help but have some sentimental attachment to this Sarah, who is 30, a journalist and she's a Canadian. The only Canadian. I don't know why I feel so attached to the token Canadian chick but I do. Maybe it's because she's a journalist and she might decide to write a piece about her experience later, in which she might mention message boards and possibly even FORT posters. In which case I want to be able to say I was an early fan. Dammit, I just want to see my sceenname in print .
**All this before I've seen their pics. I'll probably change my mind after I see the mug shots. **
Last edited by MsFroggy; 09-25-2006 at 07:23 PM.
"Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV