+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Looking for news on Sarah B and Charlie

Re: Looking for news on Sarah B and Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3244690;
    That interview was amusing as well as enlightening. When asked if he thought his drinking was the problem, he replied with a "Maybe." When asked what her part of the problem was, he quickly inserted, "She's bossy." (present tense). The ironic and amusing thing to me was that he jumped in so quickly and adamantly, and not only did she not deny his accusation or rationalize it in any way whatsoever, but she also didn't make any kind of remark that would indicate that she was going to work on improving her tendency to be bossy this go round.
    He ended it simply by saying it was more fun being with Sarah than not being with her.

He can quit drinking, but imo if she isn't what he perceives as more pleasant to him, then they may still have a rough time making a go of it.
    UNLESS she was just really bossy about him not drinking too much

most women are the "bossy" ones in relationships, and for good reason... if guys had their way in most things, well - need I say more ladies
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3244704;

most women are the "bossy" ones in relationships, and for good reason... if guys had their way in most things, well - need I say more ladies
    For personal reasons, I missed all but the last of that season. I did see where he chose his F1 live with both families present.

Can somebody tell me if the editing throughout the show indicated in any way that SarahB had a tendency toward bossiness?

We all have our faults, and that is a given; what I am trying to find out is if this trait is the natural fault that she has to deal with within herself day in and day out. This show has a way of finding a person's faults ( and even magnifying them). I figure that if she has to deal with the tendency towards being bossy, then the producers unfortunately found it and edited it for sure in some way.
    If she is only bossy when it comes to him and his drinking, then we might not have seen the bossy trait exemplified in the editing.
    Maybe somebody who saw and remembers that season well can tell us.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3244740;
    For personal reasons, I missed all but the last of that season. I did see where he chose his F1 live with both families present.

Can somebody tell me if the editing throughout the show indicated in any way that SarahB had a tendency toward bossiness?

We all have our faults, and that is a given; what I am trying to find out is if this trait is the natural fault that she has to deal with within herself day in and day out. This show has a way of finding a person's faults ( and even magnifying them). I figure that if she has to deal with the tendency towards being bossy, then the producers unfortunately found it and edited it for sure in some way.
    If she is only bossy when it comes to him and his drinking, then we might not have seen the bossy trait exemplified in the editing.
    Maybe somebody who saw and remembers that season well can tell us.
    I watched the whole season and picked her from the first night, they were so "right" together IMO. I found her to be "real" around him and don't remember ever getting the impression that she was bossy. He was (and still is) almost giddy around her, it's soooooo sweet. I also think that there is a difference between being bossy and being controlling. During the interview when he called her bossy, he said it in a joking, and she kinda smiled about it - so I don't think that it's a major issue with them.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3244704;

My husband calls me “bossy” all the time. But he says it lovingly, and never accusingly. I agree with you, northerviewer – often women are the sensible ones in a relationship. And I would think that if Sarah’s level of bossiness was really an issue, Charlie wouldn’t have been so quick to expose it. He was probably teasing her.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3244740;

It was pointed out to him by his friend, Jack, at her meeting with his family during the F2. Jack even ribbed her about it at the dinner table and she came back with that's just being motherly. I think that, if not for Jack's cautions to Charlie about her personality, there would have been a walk to the FRC with Sarah as the "winner." However, I think Charlie took those cautions to heart and wanted to see more of her personality before the FRC.

Point is...he knew she had a bossy streak when he chose her - and apparently it still sticks in his craw a wee bit.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

And remember SarahB is a Registered Nurse. She talks to many patients about what is good for their health. (I thnk she's still working at Dr. Tattoff in Beverly Hills -- is a tattoo removal facility).

What Charlie considers as "bossy", SarahB may consider it "motivational speaking"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3244839;
    And remember SarahB is a Registered Nurse. She talks to many patients about what is good for their health. (I thnk she's still working at Dr. Tattoff in Beverly Hills -- is a tattoo removal facility).

What Charlie considers as "bossy", SarahB may consider it "motivational speaking"!!!
    Ditto...from a fellow nursey! Interestingly . . . .nurses tend to hook up with people they want to "fix" so maybe she see's Charlie as a work in progress!
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3244828;
    It was pointed out to him by his friend, Jack, at her meeting with his family during the F2. Jack even ribbed her about it at the dinner table and she came back with that's just being motherly. I think that, if not for Jack's cautions to Charlie about her personality, there would have been a walk to the FRC with Sarah as the "winner." However, I think Charlie took those cautions to heart and wanted to see more of her personality before the FRC.

Point is...he knew she had a bossy streak when he chose her - and apparently it still sticks in his craw a wee bit.

Do you remember what type things she did or said that caused his friend Jack to point out that trait to Charlie and to rib her? Did it have anything to do with his drinking?
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3244949;
    Do you remember what type things she did or said that caused his friend Jack to point out that trait to Charlie and to rib her? Did it have anything to do with his drinking?
    When Charlie's friend, Jack, took Sarah aside at the HTD to talk to her, he said in a PI that he wanted to see if she had any NY spunk in her and I don't know what he said to her, but Sarah said to him "I don't take any S**t (bleeped) from anybody." He ribbed her at the dinner table about being "controlling" and she said she was just "motherly".

Another instance was Charlie talking about Sarah in PI "Sarah tells me to jump and I say how high and I somehow like it." Sarah was fun, but I would say, from what we saw, that she was the most serious and responsible girl there. She was a "labor and delivery nurse" and owned her own home, etc. She was one of those girls who did not crawl all over Charlie and didn't even kiss him until the FD and He asked for that. Have you noticed that the girls who play hard to get are the one's who catch the guys eye? That happens quite often on these shows, so the old saying that guys like the chase still stands.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3244949;
    After his PI, Jack prodded Sarah about the "competition" with another woman. Then Sarah said she was someone who liked to be on time and have things in an orderly manner...she wanted things how she wanted them - even chopped her hand on the bed cover to indicate orderly boxes. That is when Jack raised his eyebrows and when Charlie came in to say time was up, he carried those eyebrows into his warning to Charlie. Sarah said in a PI that Jack was intimidating and she was glad when Charlie interrupted them.

Nothing was brought up at that time about Charlie's "possible" drinking problem during the show - except for showing him with hangovers and being off the wall with Amitra on their dinner date; and an excerpt during the WTA showing him walking Kim home by doing a skip dance in his socks down the sidewalk.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-03-2008 at 10:51 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread