+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Where's Travis Now?

FORT Regular

Re: Where's Travis Now?

This information isn't very exciting, but I thought I'd share anyway. Travis was back at the Vanderbilt ER filming an episode of his new show this past weekend.

Travis was on the Dr. Phil show today, and he actually said "mal-you-bull" (malleable). And he's a doctor...

It reminded me of Sarah Palin (and George Bush) saying "new-cue-lar" (nuclear).

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by parrierajr;3228193;
    Well Carrie is now apologizing to Jessica publicly. Something must have been said.
    In an interview a few months ago, Carrie was asked about Tony Romo and she made a comment that "maybe sometime he'll call and I won't answer". That must have put a burr up Jessica's behind, because that's what Carrie's apologizing for....she never said anything bad about Jessica.

I didn't think that because you were dating someone, you couldn't call an old friend - I know Carrie and Tony dated for a while, but they parted on good terms and it's nice when people can do that and remain friends instead of being angry at one another - but apparently it's upsetting Jessica that Carrie mentioned that Tony called her every once in a while.

An article that appeared in the local Nashville paper about Travis.
    The Tennessean
    'Bachelor' doc enjoys teaching about medicine

Dr. Travis Stork received validation that he is achieving his goals for the syndicated television show The Doctors during a visit to his former work home, Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Travis, an emergency room physician, quickly gained national prominence as the object of affection on the ABC reality dating show The Bachelor: Paris in 2006. Afterward, he took another job, in Breckenridge, Colo., and wrote the book, Don't Be That Girl: A Guide to Finding the Confident, Rational Girl Within.
    Advertisement

Travis recently found an apartment in Los Angeles and began the Dr. Phil-spinoff show The Doctors. He is one of four doctor hosts who discuss medical and health issues and explain procedures that viewers witness.

"As a doctor, we go into this because we obviously want to save lives, but we also want to teach," he says. "This is the first time that any physician has had a platform where we can each and every day teach. I know that all four of us are just so proud of the opportunity to do this."

That's why Travis was so touched last week when he walked by a Vanderbilt patient's room and was summoned by a male patient and his wife. "They said, 'We watch The Doctors every single day and we have learned so much,' " he says.

Travis also recently met an airline worker who had watched an episode on diabetes. "She said, 'I just got diagnosed with it, and I really feel like I understand it now.'

"I think that I even underestimated the thirst that people have for practical everyday health information and how much people don't feel empowered when it comes to their own health.

"If you are watching Grey's Anatomy or House, and you think you are getting the medical information you should use in your own life, it's a bad thing. Eighty percent of people will use things they hear on TV and think of it as accurate medical information, even if it's just a nighttime drama."

Because The Doctors was put together by a combination of doctors who didn't know the television industry and TV producers who didn't know medicine, it took a few weeks to determine how to best combine the two worlds.

"One of the things we've found is that if I'm sitting on a couch each and every day, trying to be Dr. Philor Oprahor Ellen (DeGeneres), that isn't me being me," he says. "I'm a physician, so when you watch our show now, you are much more likely to see me standing, which is what I do. In the ER, I am always on my feet. I might be standing next to a guest who is in our exam room, and we are looking at X-ray images or CT scans, and I'm walking people through animation to describe what's going on."

He says being an emergency room doctor prepared him for his new gig.

"As an ER doc, you walk into every single day or night not knowing what is going to happen," he says. "You meet people from all different types of backgrounds, different personalities, different likes and dislikes. So, to host this show, the only thing that I said to myself was, 'Stay true to yourself. Be Travis, not only the person, but the doctor I'm comfortable being. Don't try to be someone I'm not.' "

Learning to read a teleprompter was easy, he says, because his English teacher mother made him read constantly while he was growing up. "I'm always reminding myself that there are millions of people at home watching, but what I learned very early in this process was to really picture myself talking to one person at home. I'm just trying to connect with whoever has on the television in Nashville, or wherever it may be. By doing that, it takes away a little of the obscure nature of just looking into a camera and talking into space."

Living in Los Angeles for his job has been an adjustment for Travis, who maintains his Colorado home.

"L.A. will never feel like home to me," he says. "I never saw myself being in L.A., so that's one aspect of the show that has been the greatest culture shock.

"I step off a plane in Nashville and I'm like, 'Ahh,' and take a deep breath. I would give anything to be able to have our show in a place like Nashville, where for me, it's a much more comfortable place to be. But I'm trying to make the transition."

While he put his love life on display during The Bachelor, he has learned that it's best not to comment publicly on his love life. So he has no comment on the media reports that he's dating Carrie Underwood.

"I don't pay any attention to things that people are saying on the Internet or stories that people are doing," he says. "I always say, 'My private life is private.' "

The Doctors airs weekdays on ABC affiliate WKRN-Channel 2 at 3 p.m.

FORT Fan

There is an article today - Sunday, January 18th - in the style section of the New York Times about Travis's show The Doctors. Talks about why it is so popular - they called it a breakthrough hit. It has as many as 2 million viewers which is the same as the Rachel Ray show. Said he is not practicing right now but hopes to work at Vanderbilt in Nashville when not taping shows. The show is on 5 days week which translates to 180 shows a year. It seems as if they do 3 shows a day when taping which equals 3 months a year. While there was a reference to his being on the the bachelor, that was it.

This is probably old news, but the latest edition of Sports Illustrated says that Carrie Underwood is dating a hockey player, so Trav and Carrie are obviously kaput.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy;3281811 View Post
    This is probably old news, but the latest edition of Sports Illustrated says that Carrie Underwood is dating a hockey player, so Trav and Carrie are obviously kaput.
    That's too bad, I wish that Dr. Travis and Carrie's relationship would have worked out for the two of them--they seemed like a cute couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fangirl;3379091;
    That's too bad, I wish that Dr. Travis and Carrie's relationship would have worked out for the two of them--they seemed like a cute couple.
    Is it the hockey player that just broke up with Amanda Bynes?

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3379245;
    Is it the hockey player that just broke up with Amanda Bynes?
    Amanda Bynes was dating a minor league baseball player Doug Reinhardt who's now with Paris Hilton.

Carrie Underwood's being linked to Ottawa Senators center Mike Fisher.

I thought Travis and Carrie might have been well suited for each other too but it didn't seem like they could see each other much with her touring and him doing his show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789