+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where's Travis Now?

FORT Fanatic

Re: Where's Travis Now?

Travis is currently practicing as an Emergency Department physician at a hospital located in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2748109;
    Alrighty! Let's choose The Bachelor as a good example

I liked Travis, and I was impressed that he was able to beat Fleiss at his own game, but I don't think that using women in the Bachelor as an example as how women should act is appropriate.
    I watched Travis on the Rachael Ray Show today. He stated that while he did not find love on the Bachelor, he did make some very good friends that remain friends to this day. He said that his basis for this book was his own experience, the input of his many women friends ,and his male friends, plus his experience as a Doctor in the emergency room. He sees it all, as he said. He also said that this information is intended to be lighthearted. His bottom line was to just be yourself. I definately agree with that. I have always found it uncomfortable to observe acquaintances and even friends, change their personalities when around different people. I would think, who is that???

Flicking thru channels yesterday (1-29-08) and saw Travis on the Dr. Phil show. He was there as part of a panel of medical professionals helping a 700-lb. man lose weight. "Bachelor" & "Dr. Phil" are on the same network? Guess that was why he was on the show. He didn't really add anything to the mix, just gave some dumb, pat answers to the guy who was trying to lose weight. I LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;2778313;
    Flicking thru channels yesterday (1-29-08) and saw Travis on the Dr. Phil show. He was there as part of a panel of medical professionals helping a 700-lb. man lose weight. "Bachelor" & "Dr. Phil" are on the same network? Guess that was why he was on the show. He didn't really add anything to the mix, just gave some dumb, pat answers to the guy who was trying to lose weight. I LMAO.
    Isn't Dr.Phil CBS?

Dr Phil's son Jay is producing a show that Travis and some other drs are going to be on.......my guess is that Dr Phil is behind it as well and had Travis on because of that.

I hate the way that Dr. Phil keeps doing this with Travis. You want a doctor to talk about preventing common summer injuries or how to avoid the ER - fine. Call on Travis. But otherwise, even our local Fox affiliate manages to call on experts to talk about their individual areas of practice. If they're talking about kids and flu, they interview a pediatrician for goodness' sake.
    If Dr. Phil wants to truly help someone who is severely obese, there are plenty of experts in that field. I wish he'd stick to them. It's gotten embarrassing already. All he's doing is promoting the show that his son is going to produce next fall. He's quite the self- promoter. Too bad it sometimes it blows up in his face (the Britney hospital visit fisaco).

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2778801;
    I hate the way that Dr. Phil keeps doing this with Travis. You want a doctor to talk about preventing common summer injuries or how to avoid the ER - fine. Call on Travis. But otherwise, even our local Fox affiliate manages to call on experts to talk about their individual areas of practice. If they're talking about kids and flu, they interview a pediatrician for goodness' sake.
    If Dr. Phil wants to truly help someone who is severely obese, there are plenty of experts in that field. I wish he'd stick to them. It's gotten embarrassing already. All he's doing is promoting the show that his son is going to produce next fall. He's quite the self- promoter. Too bad it sometimes it blows up in his face (the Britney hospital visit fisaco).
    Agreed pajamasam. Dr. Phil has really sold out imo. I used to really like him, but he's gone totally show biz. :nono I also wholeheartedly agree with your comments about the obesity topic. Get experts on for Pete's sake, not this half baked young er doc who was on a reality show!

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2778804;
    Agreed pajamasam. Dr. Phil has really sold out imo. I used to really like him, but he's gone totally show biz. :nono I also wholeheartedly agree with your comments about the obesity topic. Get experts on for Pete's sake, not this half baked young er doc who was on a reality show!
    I agree with you both.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I don't think there are any legitimate news reports to link to, but evidently Travis had backstage passes to meet Carrie Underwood after one of her concerts in Topeka recently. So of course this means they're now dating.

Interestingly, in the article I read, there were a lot of "Who???" comments that followed. And of course, they didn't mean Carrie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3210312;
    I don't think there are any legitimate news reports to link to, but evidently Travis had backstage passes to meet Carrie Underwood after one of her concerts in Topeka recently. So of course this means they're now dating.

Actually, there were rumors of them dating before that. In fact that's probably why he was spotted. I read a thread on a Carrie site where people that were planning on going to the concert said they would keep a lookout for him. And sure enough...

The rumors started a couple weeks ago when a Nashville gossip blog posted that "a little birdie" told them Carrie and Travis were dating. Which I didn't believe at all. Then while Carrie was doing a show in Colorado, she said she spent a lot of time there because she has a friend with a house in Breckenridge. That added a little bit of substance to the rumors because Travis has a house in Breckenridge.

Carrie did a radio interview last week and when asked if she was single she didn't say yes or no and got really shy. The interviewer said "Well, that's a no", which she didn't deny. I think they're probably still in the getting to know each other stage and not too serious yet.

BTW, here are pictures of him at the Carrie concert: LINK

+ Reply to Thread