+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where's Travis Now?

Re: Where's Travis Now?

I'll make the offer again - I'll buy the book and we can pass it amongst those who want to read but not buy
    Aw come one jelle. Please read it, and give us the Cliff Notes version . Take one for the team? Please?

Nope - if you are interested, read it or bash him in ignorance

Thanks Shoepie ...

I think anyone who has been on any segment of The Bachelor has earned the right to cash in on it in any way possible. Good for Travis!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I am almost finished reading my current book so I may pick up Travis's book to read next, Jelle. I am always eager to hear some tidbits from the show that may be in the books from the past participants. I saw his appearance with Dr Phil and it was a fun and light-hearted show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Nope - if you are interested, read it or bash him in ignorance
    Third option: restrain myself from reading it, freely indulge in laughing at the mere premise that someone as socially challenged as Travis should be doling out dating advice to women, and then use my limited reading time to read a quality book on dating , such as Why You're Still Single. Why You're Still Single: Our Philosophy

Travis' book sounds pretty sexist and patronizing. Though I wouldnt mind a roseskid synopsis .
    In Don't Be That Girl, he combines his personal experience and professional expertise to help you demystify the self-defeating behaviors that characterize that girl -- behaviors that unfortunately, even if unintentionally, prevent many women from getting the most from their lives and relationships.
    Amazon.com: Don't Be That Girl: A Guide to Finding the Confident, Rational Girl Within: Books: M.D., Travis L. Stork,Leah Furman
    Last edited by pajamasam; 01-09-2008 at 10:04 AM.

ok, I hate to be the one who delivers the bad news, but the book world is full of folks who "ghost" write a book and then find some willing chump to front it for them. Is Travis more savvy than we think and making more money to pay off those md loans, or is he being used yet again...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2745705;
    A lot of hostility I see!

He said that having had the Bachelor experience he noticed some things that women do that turns a suitor off. The information in the book is solid. Not new but certainly wisdom that any woman having trouble in the dating arena should consider.

Alrighty! Let's choose The Bachelor as a good example:

1. Several of the women are specifically chosen to be contestants from their interviews and based on personality tests given to them with every assurance on the part of the producers that these women will behave in abnormal, socially unacceptable, or at the very least, dramatic manners.

2. Producers psychologically manipulate contestants throughout the entire process in a number of ways, especially by the power of suggestion so that they will sometimes feel like they have to act in a certain manner to maintain their position, so to speak. Many times an action is actually often producer driven.

3. Producers manipulate the environmental conditions in such a manner that the contestants sometimes feel like they are in a pressure cooker. Stress and nerves cause the women to sometimes act in a manner in which they would most likely never behave if they were dating one man in a regular situation.

None of this is to indicate that I agree with some of the shenanigans that are pulled on The Bachelor, but I do recognize the dating situation is highly contrived and manipulated to produce poor behavior ( thus, supposedly good tv entertainment).

I liked Travis, and I was impressed that he was able to beat Fleiss at his own game, but I don't think that using women in the Bachelor as an example as how women should act is appropriate.

FORT Newbie

Does Anyone know what hospital Travis practices at? Does he practice in Denver, or Breckenridge? Thanks!

Travis is going to be on Rachel Ray today.

FORT Newbie

I know, I saw him

Im wondering if he still lives in Breckenridge or Denver? And what hospital he practices at? Newspapers say he lives in Denver now.

FORT Newbie

Also, does anyone know if his myspace profile is really his? It seems like it is, but I cant tell?

He claims that is really is him, but you never know......

+ Reply to Thread