+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where's Travis Now?

Re: Where's Travis Now?

FYI...... I just saw a commercial for tomorrow's Dr. Phil in Detroit. Travis Stork is the main guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2468699;
    FYI...... I just saw a commercial for tomorrow's Dr. Phil in Detroit. Travis Stork is the main guest.
    As my mother would say "Oh Brother" . I assume that he's appearing as a medical "expert"? Is this a repeat or wasn't he on another national show?

I may watch, but if I forget, no big deal..
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2469279;
    As my mother would say "Oh Brother" . I assume that he's appearing as a medical "expert"? Is this a repeat or wasn't he on another national show?
    I have no idea. I caught the commercial in passing and can't imagine what he'd have to say.

This is a new Dr. Phil show, so it's not a repeat. There is a woman on who is afraid to get a physical exam, so Dr. Phil has Travis try and talk her into one, I believe. Should be interesting.

It was not a repeat.

I was surprised to see that Travis still seems camera shy.

He has great bed side manners and was comforting to that women.

FORT Fanatic

I found this on another site.

Dr. Phil’ Spinoff Clears Half of U.S.
    By Chris Pursell

Upcoming CBS Television Distribution series and “Dr. Phil” spinoff “The Doctors” has cleared half the country, including all of the top 10 markets and 18 of the top 20.

The series, to launch in fall 2008, has snagged deals with stations owned by CBS, Gannett, Cox, Scripps Howard, Belo and Post-Newsweek, among others.

The upcoming hourlong strip features a team of five practicing medical professionals, ranging from a plastic surgeon to an ob/gyn to a therapist, who will try to engage viewers by investigating and discussing medical topics such as painkillers, obesity and how to lose weight.

“The Doctors” (working title) will be hosted by ER physician Dr. Travis Stork (“The Bachelor”).

Other experts include Dr. Lisa Masterson, an obstetrician/gynecologist; Dr. Andrew Ordon, a plastic surgeon; Dr. Tara Fields, a licensed marriage and family therapist; and Dr. Jim Sears, a pediatrician. To support the show, these doctors will make appearances on “Dr. Phil” throughout the 2007-08 season.

CBS-owned stations set to air the show include WCBS-TV in New York, where it will air at 9 a.m., and KCBS-TV/KCAL-TV in Los Angeles, where it will air at 11 a.m. Other CBS-owned outlets that will carry the show include KYW-TV in Philadelphia, KTVT/KTXA in Dallas and WFOR in Miami.

Gannett stations signed on include WUSA-TV in Washington, D.C., KARE-TV in Minneapolis, WKTC-TV in Cleveland and KUSA-TV in Denver. Cox Television stations in San Francisco (KTVU-TV), Atlanta (WSB-TV) and Pittsburgh (WPXI-TV) also have agreed to carry the show.

“This is a show that is completely unique to television; I can’t believe that it’s never been done before,” said Roger King, CEO of CBS Television Distribution. “We are on terrific stations and on strong time periods, and this show will only make lineups stronger. That response we’ve had has been exciting.”

“The Doctors” will be produced by Stage 29 Productions and executive produced by Jay McGraw, Dr. Phil McGraw’s son, who has served as co-executive producer or executive producer of seven “Dr. Phil” prime-time specials on CBS. “The Doctors” is the first series to come out of a production deal he has with the studio.

“We’re really creating a new daytime format here with a medical version of ‘Dr. Phil,’” Jay McGraw said. “Over the past decade I’ve watched my dad perfect the formula for giving advice to America. It seems like a natural extension to apply that ‘gold standard’ formula to medical problems.”

‘Dr. Phil’ Spinoff Clears Half of U.S. - TVWeek - News

Well well well. Travis may be the most successful Bachelor when it comes to parlaying his TV dating into a career in front of the camera. The other guys must be jealous (Blob!). And this is only going to encourage more people to try to use these shows as a springboard to greater fame.

I liked Travis alot and am glad he's doing well. Can't wait to see him on tv again.

Very cool. This will really capitalize on the HUGE success of Oprah's shows with Dr. Mehmet Oz. Hopefully it will be successful as a daily program.

+ Reply to Thread