+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where's Travis Now?

FORT Newbie

Sarah's Interview Today

Sarah Stone was shown in a taped interviewed on WKRN (Nashville ABC affiliate) this morning.

She said that she and Travis did in fact date after returning to Nashville. After the show began to air in January, they broke it off. They began to realize that they could not be a normal couple after all the media frenzy began. The reality of being on reality television began to sink in.

(To be truthful, they were all over the TV in the Nashville area during the run of the show and shortly thereafter. Reporters hung out at the YMCA, restaurants, etc. Sighting rumors were all around. The newspaper gave recaps after every show. When they did not surface after the Final Rose and then there was no AFR program, AND WKRN had nothing to say except that they knew nothing. I was caught up in the romance fairy tale and it was a disappointment.)

Sarah said that she and Travis do talk once a week and that they had a date before he moved to Colorado. She said they are friends. She said she is in a relationship now but there is "no ring on my finger".

About the ring that Travis gave her in the finale. It was provided by the show and that the true ownership now remains in question. She said that she can really say nothing about the ring until after March. (Do you think there are STILL contractual obligations/issues?)

Whether we liked Sarah or not on the show (I did like her) she came across as cute and genuine in the interview. I was glad to see her speak up and share a little bit about something we know so little of.

I do want to conclude to say that ALL of the FORT sleuthers are MARVELOUS! I really enjoy how you search and find out so much. I cannot wait to follow your comments and theories all season long!

*small voice* Yes, I know I said that I was through....but I obviously am interested in this show. So I recant my long ago post of saying "never again".
    Am I forgiven for my lapse in judgment?

Quote Originally Posted by ohforheavensake View Post
    Sarah Stone was shown in a taped interviewed on WKRN (Nashville ABC affiliate) this morning.

She said that she and Travis did in fact date after returning to Nashville. After the show began to air in January, they broke it off. They began to realize that they could not be a normal couple after all the media frenzy began. The reality of being on reality television began to sink in.

(To be truthful, they were all over the TV in the Nashville area during the run of the show and shortly thereafter. Reporters hung out at the YMCA, restaurants, etc. Sighting rumors were all around. The newspaper gave recaps after every show. When they did not surface after the Final Rose and then there was no AFR program, AND WKRN had nothing to say except that they knew nothing. I was caught up in the romance fairy tale and it was a disappointment.)

Sarah said that she and Travis do talk once a week and that they had a date before he moved to Colorado. She said they are friends. She said she is in a relationship now but there is "no ring on my finger".

About the ring that Travis gave her in the finale. It was provided by the show and that the true ownership now remains in question. She said that she can really say nothing about the ring until after March. (Do you think there are STILL contractual obligations/issues?)

Whether we liked Sarah or not on the show (I did like her) she came across as cute and genuine in the interview. I was glad to see her speak up and share a little bit about something we know so little of.

I do want to conclude to say that ALL of the FORT sleuthers are MARVELOUS! I really enjoy how you search and find out so much. I cannot wait to follow your comments and theories all season long!

*small voice* Yes, I know I said that I was through....but I obviously am interested in this show. So I recant my long ago post of saying "never again".
    Am I forgiven for my lapse in judgment?
    of course you are forgiven! how many of us last season felt just like you, and were so disappointed!

thanks for the info . . . it certainly clears up a few questions for all of us, doesn't it!?

enjoy all the fun on the FORT Bachelor forum this season!

PP
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

FORT Fanatic
    Indeed, there ARE contracual issues: some things for a year following the airing of the episode. However, there are certain contractual obligations that prohibit the characters from revealing certain specific things about the show....EVER

FORT Newbie
    The "ring" is the property of the Bachelor for 1-2 years post taping. Nothing specific about what happens after that. HOWEVER, I would suggest that at the end of the specified time period, the ring be sold for cash, or made into another piece of jewelry. NOBODY MAKES ANY MONEY on the Bachelor, and to give up 6 weeks of your life and income without any financial benefit would be ludicrous!

FORT Newbie

None

I heard that Travis gave a talk on "relationships in the real world" (?) yesterday at uni of virginia. did anyone go? i just think that would be interesting to hear what he had to say and also the questions i would hope they would ask. such as "um, so why should we listen to you?"

Quote Originally Posted by suebee2317 View Post
    The "ring" is the property of the Bachelor for 1-2 years post taping. Nothing specific about what happens after that. HOWEVER, I would suggest that at the end of the specified time period, the ring be sold for cash, or made into another piece of jewelry. NOBODY MAKES ANY MONEY on the Bachelor, and to give up 6 weeks of your life and income without any financial benefit would be ludicrous!
    Um, ok, nobody makes you go on the show, so why would you get to benefit financially by selling a ring the producers bought, if you decide not to get married? Everyone else on the show gave up the same amount of time, and they don't get to sell any rings.

I guess I'm showing my "why would anybody go on these shows" frame of mind. I just caught a snippet of some Real World show, where these whippersnappers were bemoaning the lack of anonymity after the show (while they were competing for big bucks on some challenge show), but heck, some of these kids have grown up with the Real World, they can't claim they didn't realize it would change their life -- they saw it happen with all the kids who went on the show before them.

Re: Where's Travis Now?

OK, seriously? I mean , SERIOUSLY? Coming next January - a book of dating advice for women by Travis Stork? I'm going to gag now. I saw this at NOH and didnt believe it. I simply dont have a vivid enough imagination to have believed it possible.

Amazon.com: Don't Be That Girl: Books: M.D., Travis L. Stork,Leah Furman
    Don't Be That Girl (Hardcover)
    by M.D., Travis L. Stork (Author), Leah Furman (Author)
    List Price: $21.95
    Price: $14.93 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
    You Save: $7.02 (32%)

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price. See Details
    Availability: This title has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Leah Furman appears to be a ghost writer. What ever would Travis have to say????

He would say about as much as shewhomustnotbenamed says in her romance advice book. NADA! ZIP! zilch.

The thought of both of them both even thinking they have something to say is so outrageous, I can't even laugh.

AWWW Come on ... he certainly knows how to stay out or get out of relationships. I hope they put his picture on every other page! He is such a cutie He is also a nice guy who got talked into a situation in which he just wanted out - that was the producers fault. Not a good choice for a Bachelor.

And you cannot compare him to JenS She was a total dud in every way.

I'll buy the book and send it on to anyone who wants to read it with the condition you send it to some other Bachelor fanatic
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

+ Reply to Thread