+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hold Your Horses, We have a NEW Bachelor!

LG.
    they announced that Trista was the first bachelorette before they started taping that show or even casting it. I remember that at least one of the bachelors on that season had mentioned knowing that it was her was a motivation for going on the show in the first place (Charlie, I think).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskele View Post
    Woo-hoo! Count me in!

After a few seasons of studying ~ mostly lurking ~ at the feet of the Masters of Sleuth & Snark (aka cafegirl, randalr, missthing, blondiegal, pajamasam to name only a few of very many) I am hoping to be able to participate more this time around and help add to the collective table of clues!
    Wow, you put me in good company! Thank you Triskele!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

He's from Rome?

Is he from Rome or is the series just being filmed there? If he's from Rome and I were a bachelorette on this series and really wanted to find a life partner, I would have to ask that a rose not be given to me. Why start a relationship with a man that lives in another country unless you truly know in your heart it would not present a problem? Seriously, would you want to fall in love with a man and plan to live in his country for the rest of your life? No grandparents or family on your side for your children. These women will know this fact about him before they even get to know him.

It would be one thing to do it for the adventure or a fleeting romance, which sadly is probably the reason why most of the bachelorettes will be there. I guess it would weed out all the hopefuls wanting to strike it big in Hollywood!

To me, this would be a BIG consideration. My romantic outlook is dim as I see another "no ring" series.

I realize all women don't share the same thoughts on this subject, but sadly if it were me, I'd get out fast.
    Anywhere you go, let me go too. Gerard, that's all I ask of you.

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    they announced that Trista was the first bachelorette before they started taping that show or even casting it. I remember that at least one of the bachelors on that season had mentioned knowing that it was her was a motivation for going on the show in the first place (Charlie, I think).
    You know, it makes more sense to do it that way. If you know what the prospective Bachelor or Bachelorette looks like, and a little bit of info about them, you'd be more likely to know whether or not you'd want to try out for the show.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Fort Fan
    According to this link the Prince is a graduate of Rollins College in Florida. He may have grown up in the US and doesn't even have an accent. IMO an accent would make this bachelor so much more appealing.

http://asp2.rollins.edu/alumni/direc...x.asp?Filter=P

I am not sure if the Borghese line is still owned by the family. It is definitely still around. It can be found at upscale retailers such as Nordstrom, Dillards and Bloomingdales.

http://borghese.com/index.cfm

Here is some info from their website.

Our skincare philosophy is derived from over 600 years of spa tradition dating back to the fourteenth century. Borghese merges natural ingredients (olives, grapes, almonds) and aromatic essential oils (lavender, geranium, peppermint) with mineralized waters (Acqua di VitaŽ "Living Water Complex") to give you holistic skin care treatments. With skin care that is scientifically advanced yet luxuriously sensual, Borghese brings the Italian spa right to you.

Our inspiration for cosmetic colour and makeup comes from Tuscan life as well. Just as Renaissance artists were inspired by this region to produce priceless works of art, Borghese is stimulated to create shades and products that are unmistakably Italian and right on trend.

NYT on his sister's wedding:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...54C0A96E958260

WEDDINGS; Ilaria Borghese and Steven Winn

Published: July 12, 1998
    Ilaria Fortuna Borghese, the daughter of Princess Amanda Borghese and Prince Francesco Borghese of Short Hills, N.J., was married yesterday to Steven Charles Winn, a son of Helen and Philip Winn of Sedona, Ariz. The Rev. John D. Gabriel performed the ceremony at the Roman Catholic Church of St. Theresa of Avila in Summit, N.J.

The bride, 29, is studying for a master's degree in occupational therapy at New York University. She graduated from Hollins College and received a master's degree in bio-behavioral sciences and developmental psychobiology from the University of Connecticut.

Her father is the president and her mother is the creative director of L.P.I. Cosmetics, a manufacturer and distributor in New York.

The bride is the granddaughter of Princess Marcella Borghese of Crans-sur-Sierre, Switzerland, and the late Prince Paolo Borghese. The bride's grandmother founded Princess Marcella Borghese cosmetics.

The bride's maternal grandfather is the lighting designer Douglas Leigh of New York, whose creations have included the Camel man who blew smoke rings over Times Square.

The bridegroom, 33, is an associate in investment banking at Salomon Smith Barney in New York. He graduated from the University of California at Berkeley and received an M.B.A. from Cornell University. His mother is an artist in Sedona. His father, now retired, was an institutional salesman in Boston with Salomon Brothers.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I don't find him physically attractive at all, but he may have a really nice personality. Time will tell.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    All of that being said, I'll still watch but I really hope they don't reveal his identity to the women. Of course, they will though. No way will Fleiss turn down a chance to shove the whole "Prince in Rome finding love...how romantic" BS down our throats.
    I still remember the mouths gaped open and immediate mental images of wealth floating through the ho's heads when Andrew Firestone was revealed to the bachelorettes.

And, if one or more of the bachelorettes on this show are called "Cindy", I swear I won't be able to hold my shoe on and keep it from hitting the TV...or would that be a glass slipper?

Nonetheless, you can count me in Train wreck after train wreck, this is still MY SHOW! Good find Cafegirl!

Prince Balki we shall await. But if I hear any mumblings of "we came all the way to Rome to meet only to find out we live a few blocks away from each other in NY", I will scream!
    Last edited by Igotalife; 05-18-2006 at 11:30 AM.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

But if I hear any mumblings of "we came all the way to Rome to meet only to find out we live a few blocks away from each other in NY", I will scream!
    Oh I think that's a given.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Great sleuthing, everyone while I took a day off!

To answer some questions from what I've read and to make some comments and ask some questions:

Zinnia:
    ABC announced that The Bachelor and Supernanny will be rotating in the 9pm (8pm c) Monday time period next season. As Supernanny is also a limited run series, and The Bachelor is listed first by ABC, it looks like we'll get a double dose of sleuthing. A fall Bachelor, winter Supernanny (no Bachelorette), then a spring Bachelor.

I can't wait!

For a fall debut, The Bachelor must start shooting in late June. That's only a little more than a month away! Summer sleuthing!
    Zinnia, good find on the Spring Bachelor. Are you sure it's not the Bachelorette in the Spring?
    I agree about the shooting starting either the end of June or in July. It usually goes 6 weeks. Does anyone know if ABC has released the actual starting dates for the new shows? I think it's a little early for that. If it starts the end of Sept., that would allow for filming to end the first of second week of August and with seven weeks of shows (counting WTA) that would have it end the middle of Nov. which would make sense since that's a sweeps month.

Triskele:
    After a few seasons of studying ~ mostly lurking ~ at the feet of the Masters of Sleuth & Snark (aka cafegirl, randalr, missthing, blondiegal, pajamasam to name only a few of very many) I am hoping to be able to participate more this time around and help add to the collective table of clues!
    Thank you for the compliment and by all means, please jump in the sleuthing mix. This past season, I believe a lot of the spoilers were discovered by new sleuths! The more the merrier and the better we are!
    Pajamsam, Jennie and Miss Thing, great finds on the family! Is the Winn family that the sister married a very wealthy family as well?
    And at least we can't call our Prince a dummy, because I saw where he got his MBA from Cornell. Now as for the Bachelorettes, I somehow feel we won't be able to make that same distinction!

monique_46
    Is he from Rome or is the series just being filmed there?
    According to all the reports, his family lives in New Jersey and he lives in New York. His Grandmother, according to the reports came to the US in the late 50s to sell her cosmetic line. She sold that line to Revelon but stayed to work with the company on her product. It looked her at least one of her sons also worked for the Revelon line of their family product. I say all this to conclude, that it doesn't seem likely that Prince Lorenzo (man that's a mouthful!) would have born in Italy. I think he's probably red, white and blue with Italian ancestry, but that's just a guess!
    I imagine whoever he picks, if by some MIRACUOUS chance he would actually find Love amidst what seems a pretty obvious attempt to promote Doggie Shampoo, the future "Princess" would have to move to New York. Kind of reminds me of Andy Firestone!

Pajamasam, as for announcing the Bachelor or Bachelorette before the taping, I believe there have been three that I remember and I don't remember when Trista was announced but I'll take LG's word on that.
    They announced Bob, Jen and Charlie before the shooting. Remember how Jen went to some of the auditions?
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

+ Reply to Thread