+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Hold Your Horses, We have a NEW Bachelor!

I'm on board, if just to see the b'ettes swoon when they hear he's a real live prince. They were ridiculous over the prospect of a doctor; how will they act with a prince in their midst? I agree, when they hear about the prince thing, they won't care WHAT he looks like--he'll suddenly be so handsome, so charming, so "amazing" that they'll want to have his children RIGHT NOW.

I don't mind at all that the guy isn't movie-star handsome. I find regular looking guys more likely to be looking for real love than too-handsome-for-their--own-good types. That said, the royal thing probably cancels that out (see above paragraph).

Whatever. I'm so this show's bitch (hey, it's a female dog. This guy should know). I'd watch if it they really DID cast Balki!

Two Bachelors coming next season

ABC announced that The Bachelor and Supernanny will be rotating in the 9pm (8pm c) Monday time period next season. As Supernanny is also a limited run series, and The Bachelor is listed first by ABC, it looks like we'll get a double dose of sleuthing. A fall Bachelor, winter Supernanny (no Bachelorette), then a spring Bachelor.

I can't wait!

For a fall debut, The Bachelor must start shooting in late June. That's only a little more than a month away! Summer sleuthing!

For a spring Bachelor they must shoot Jan-Feb of next year.

Great catch cafegirl, on the "prince".

I hope the next one actually wants to find a wife. I know it's not a matchmaking show; I'm a sap, always expecting romance, always disappointed by Fleiss, yet I always tune in. At least there's the sleuthing. No other show gives me that.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

He's Italian...and with Italian men come Italian mothers. Can't wait to see Mom's reaction to the "American" floozies he'll be bringing home! Ahhh, Rome...what happened to the exotic tropical locale?

This should be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post

Whatever. I'm so this show's bitch (hey, it's a female dog. This guy should know). I'd watch if it they really DID cast Balki!
    **THREAD JACK**
    Balki was good on Surreal Life, why not? They could get him to wear some of his suspenders outfits. Actually I think Bronson was best in Beverly Hills Cop when he played Serge. I loved when Eddie Murphy said, "Get the f**k out!" And he was like, "No it is serious, I can not help it" in his fake slavic accent...

Thread jack over, carry on...

Why All The Casting Calls????

I just don't understand them searching Vail, Tahoe, Philly, Houston, all those places they went, and they didn't even pick an american born bachelor. They are just staging things so the women will cat-fight over the Prince, just like they did over Firestone and the doctor. I can't wait until they release the publicity photos of the B-ettes! This really might be Hoochfest 2006, beyotches! (To quote Sarah B -- Charlie's Sarah B, that is)

Links to info on his family. (Cause you knew I would.....) Evidentally the blurb about his family being involved with custom cosmetic creating is true. Well - it's at least as true as some of the "family history" that my family tells about itself. http://www.sicilianculture.com/people/borghese.htm
    This Is about grandma Marcella I presume.
    http://www.thepeerage.com/p8752.htm#i87520Is about Grandpa. I figure that Lorenzo is the son of Francesco or Livio. They are twins.
    Francesco the CEO http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1:12300111/Francesco+Borghese+does+it+his +way~R~+(CEO+of+Orlane+Inc~R~+ and+La+Parfumerie+Inc~.
    Sister (or cousin) Iliaria is from N.J.http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9400E1DE1631 F931A25754C0A96E958260
    Last edited by pajamasam; 05-17-2006 at 11:54 AM.

Woo-hoo! Count me in!

After a few seasons of studying ~ mostly lurking ~ at the feet of the Masters of Sleuth & Snark (aka cafegirl, randalr, missthing, blondiegal, pajamasam to name only a few of very many) I am hoping to be able to participate more this time around and help add to the collective table of clues!

Rome? Hmm . . . okay, that'll be nice and maybe, just maybe TPTB are saving the exotic tropical locale for a Bachlorette installment? More scenery that way
    Remember ... no matter how hard you work, no matter how right you are ... sometimes the Dragon wins.

FORT Fanatic

Why oh Why

I've said it before and it bears repeating: Why, oh WHY? can't we have just an ordinary guy for the Bachelor? A prince? I am sure the producers were just salivating (more like drooling) when they heard that one. At least the guy is in his 30's and he's a dog lover so I'll give him points for that. I just hope they don't bring him an assortment of youngie air-head females

FORT Newbie

pretty in pink

I hope he's a huge snob and falls for the bimbo.

I think it is very interesting that ABC has announced who he is before taping. Have they ever done this before? I remember the pre season teasers like " this season a major league athlete will be our bachelor" etc, but never ever have they divulged the identity. Am I right? I suppose they think there wont be spoilers because they will be filming mostly in Europe. But I'd like all of your ideas as to why they are doing this. What can they hope to gain? Is it to attract more highly "discriminating" bachelorettes than would be attracted to a guy like Jesse or Charlie? Gosh - ya think they are running out of quality applicants? Could it be that they arent looking for 23 year old bimbos (show me the liquor ! Tara) - since it didnt pay off so much last season?
    Last edited by pajamasam; 05-17-2006 at 01:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread