+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536

Thread: Hold Your Horses, We have a NEW Bachelor!

AD placed by PLorenzo:

I'm seeking a lovely lady to possibly be my future wife and partner in life. I'm pretty laid back for a corporate executive and have really only two qualities that the one lady in my life must possess. She must love dogs and not text message during meals. I don't think that is too much to ask. Oh, also...no models need reply.

This is pretty much the message I got from the Extra interview and other news sources on the board. I'm waiting to see if I pick up a cat lover or texting vibe from any of the bio/pics to be posted next Monday. Let's get it on already!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    AD placed by PLorenzo:

I'm seeking a lovely lady to possibly be my future wife and partner in life. I'm pretty laid back for a corporate executive and have really only two qualities that the one lady in my life must possess. She must love dogs and not text message during meals. I don't think that is too much to ask. Oh, also...no models need reply.
    Shoot, I'm already off the scent, so to speak. I thought it was 'She must love dogs who do not text message during meals.' Goll darn it!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Close MissThing but no milk bone. I wonder if dogs could text message through slurping...like drums in the jungle.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    This is a humorous article (to me) about one of the auditions in Richmond. I thought the part about a few girls needing a drink before the auditions and then another to wind down after the auditions, were practically 'shoo-in's' for Bachelorettes! They have the main requirement...... enjoying drinking (who cares about wanting a relationship, blah, blah!)

WOOING 'THE BACHELOR' war of the R O S E S Peek behind scenes at 'Bachelor' casting call

Dozens of single women turned out in Richmond for a chance to win a prince's heart on ABC's 'The Bachelor'

Date published: 6/6/2006

By KIM BAER

Prince Lorenzo Borghese, you are one lucky guy.

Borghese is the next eligible man for ABC's reality show "The Bachelor." On the show, 25 women compete for the bachelor's affections.

Casting calls are being held across the country for the program, which will be set in Italy and air in the fall. The closest locally was at Element Lounge in Richmond's Shockoe Bottom district Saturday night.

You sent out a call, Borghese (and ABC), and the women came. By and large, they were a beautiful lot, with tasteful makeup, long, shiny hair and trendy clothes. They have good jobs, they are fun and smart.

They are tired of getting set up by friends and family and they are weary of the bar scene. They want to meet someone fabulous. They are looking for adventure.

In all, 35 women turned out for the call. Some came by themselves, others traveled in small groups.

Upstairs, Rich DiPilla with WRIC-TV was conducting short interviews with the candidates. The women stood for photographs. Then, with a camera rolling, they gave their name, age and occupation.

They were asked to "pitch themselves," to explain why they should be chosen for the show. The interviews were over in two or three minutes.

Here are some details on some of the eligible ladies vying for a chance to meet you, Borghese:

Stephanie, 26, was wearing white short shorts, thigh-high boots and a tight black top.

She's a self-described nine out of 10 who says she spends two hours each day getting ready--and consults different mirrors, each with different lighting. She's spent a few years building her career; now she'd like her personal life to be just as successful. So why should she have a chance to win the bachelor's heart?

"I'm a beautiful, smart, funny young woman," she said. "I'm feisty, I'm good for a few good comebacks to the mean girl."

Or how about Tammy? She's a tall, thin woman with long blond hair. The 34-year-old property manager said she wasn't taking the process too seriously.

"It's an adventure," she said. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Her friend, Cathy Hanna of Stafford County, was there for moral support. She said she was proud of Tammy's attitude.

"I admire anyone who has the courage to go on national TV."

A steady stream of try-outs filtered into the bar through the night. As new girls headed in, those holding court at the bar eyed them up and down out of the corners of their eyes.

Men were rare. The few at the bar didn't seem to know what to do with themselves. One in a black jacket and jeans tried, and struck out, with several girls.

Another joked about the scene. He's moving to Boston soon, but said his visit to the bar was making him regret that decision.

This was the sixth time a casting call was held in Richmond for the show, DiPilla said. Three women from the Richmond calls have been selected to appear on the show. Two women decided to decline the invitation. Another appeared on the show for two episodes before she was "sent home brokenhearted." That's "Bachelor" lingo for failing to receive a rose from the main man himself during the all-important elimination ceremonies.
    The interview process was nerve-wracking for many of the women. Some had a quick drink before heading upstairs. Several girls said they also needed a drink to wind down after the process.

"I was so nervous!" one hopeful squealed to her friends after completing her interview.

It might seem strange to some to seek love on national television.

But Adrienne, 27, had a different take. She and a friend interviewed for a spot Saturday. They both live in Charlottesville, where, they said, there are no single men.

As far as the hopeful bachelorettes are concerned, jetting off to date an eligible bachelor in Italy is just a more extreme version of what singles do all the time. A national TV audience just happens to be watching from the safe confines of couches.

Television is just another option for lonely singles.

"What isn't artificial?" Adrienne asked. "It's all artificial."
    link

Rita, 29, policy advisor, who currently resides in Richmond, VA

well if what is said in this article appears to be true....Rita will only be in 2 episodes then sent home.....thats 1 down

Exceptional sleuthing Greeneyespy!!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Martini goggles rock!! Friskymel's Avatar
    The whole casting call cracks me up. The ones here in Chicago were either evening or 11 pm to 2 am at clubs. Yeah, like you're going to find a professional women trying out for the Bachelor at a nightclub at 1 AM that is sober. It is more of a farce each year!! Atleast the producers will know how they are after a night of plying them with alcohol! Arf arf.........

Melissa
    "You must believe in yourself before you can believe in someone else...."

"This was the sixth time a casting call was held in Richmond for the show, DiPilla said. Three women from the Richmond calls have been selected to appear on the show. Two women decided to decline the invitation. Another appeared on the show for two episodes before she was "sent home brokenhearted." That's "Bachelor" lingo for failing to receive a rose from the main man himself during the all-important elimination ceremonies"

Good sleuthing on this, but do you think it just means over all the bachelors, and not just this one? I looking for anything to keep Rita, she's one of my pics.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

I can't believe I am putting myself through this again. I read in today's New York Daily News that the Prince resides in New York City. I was under the impression that he lives in Rome. Next, we'll find out that he isn't an actual Prince. He resembles Branson Pinchot (Cousin Balkie on "Perfect Strangers").

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal View Post
    I can't believe I am putting myself through this again. I read in today's New York Daily News that the Prince resides in New York City. I was under the impression that he lives in Rome. Next, we'll find out that he isn't an actual Prince. He resembles Branson Pinchot (Cousin Balkie on "Perfect Strangers").
    hi NYGal, I knew you couldn't stay away! Glad you're back.
    I don't think our Prince wants to use the title as much as our fame hungry producers are hoping they can milk the royalty angle all the way to the big $$ bank!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

+ Reply to Thread