+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Could a NEW format revive the Bachelor???

Quote Originally Posted by dagney852000 View Post
    That show was slightly stupid, however, because every guy on there had something majorly wrong with him. He was either jobless, or a total dweeb, or weird like Ahnold 2.0.
    Sounds just like Jen's edition of the Bachelorette.

I'm all for the tropical local. Anything to relieve the boredom of the show's format.

I actually liked Travis, but I think RandalR is correct. Travis is in a transitional phase right now, so in my opinion he was not the best of choices.

I think they need to go a bit older with the men as well as the women. People who are settled into their life, career, etc., and are truly looking for a mate. That certainly does not describe Travis.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat View Post
    I'm all for the tropical local. Anything to relieve the boredom of the show's format.

I actually liked Travis, but I think RandalR is correct. Travis is in a transitional phase right now, so in my opinion he was not the best of choices.

I think they need to go a bit older with the men as well as the women. People who are settled into their life, career, etc., and are truly looking for a mate. That certainly does not describe Travis.
    I agree with you guys about needing an older Bach and B'ettes, but have you seen the girls who are the casting directors and staff? This Danielle who's the casting director looking for Mr. Architect has a myspace that Moana has posted on and she's in her early 20s as are several of the others who have myspaces and are part of the production team. Also, remember the ratings demographics? They were zeroing in on the 20 something female crowd for the ratings they were mentioning. We're not going to get any older Bachelor because the producers probably feel Byron's show had too low a ratings (despite the fact that he is one of 2 Bachelors still with his chosen one). They are looking, it seems at what appeals to them and thinking the American viewing audience must be the same as them. Now I agree, with Randal that most likely the average age of viewers who seem avid fans (i.e. on the forums, etc) are in the 35+ crowd..
    So, do these producers actually listen to the fans? I doubt it, too much at least. Because who the heck among the fans have said, "oh yeah, we need the next bachelor to be an Architect"?
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

What I think happens here is that we need a change in this ring thing process. Don't kill me but I sometimes think people like Travis & maybe some others know that the ring is a big thing for these girls. The man may just feel some pressure to give that ring to the final girl for no other reason than that she should have it because she is the winner or final girl. ABC has to come up with something for the girl other than a ring if the guy has no intention of proceeding with a relationship & only wants friendship.

I would love to hear some other opinions & ideas.

FORT Newbie

are there any fans that have stuck through it all?

has everyone given up on the show? are there any fans that will continue to watch the show if they air another one?

nrose, don't give up. Every season, when they're inevitably let down by the poor editing of this show, fans state they've given up on it. And every new premiere season, they're all right back again, glued to their TV

Quote Originally Posted by nrose29 View Post
    has everyone given up on the show? are there any fans that will continue to watch the show if they air another one?
    I will always watch... as long as they don't make "The Bachelor: Family Edition"
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I will always watch... as long as they don't make "The Bachelor: Family Edition"

lol me too.

I probably will always get hooked on the shows... hopefully next season not as disappointed on the ending.
    F:A:B:U:L:O:U:S

I'll continue to watch, although I doubt that I'll tape the shows..any sleuthing evidence is better found here anyway.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Regular
    I personally think the reason for most of the failures on the show is the 3-4 month delay from the ending of the show to the time they can really be togeather. Maybe they should consider doing the show outside of the US again and only having a 2 week delay. It would be a nightmare for the editing folks, but it could be done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast