+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Travis and Sarah Still Together?

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    In an almost sick way, this no news on the couple fits so very well with the most confusing season ever! It's certainly a source of frustration for the audience, but while the participants sign up to be snarked on during the show, I suppose they can snark on us afterwards, .

After the finale, I felt badly (for different reasons) for all three of the remaining participants. Nothing would make me more satisfied than to find out down the road that all three are happy, regardless of who is with who or where. I doubt we'll ever get much in the way of followups though.
    I agree with you Miss Thing. Who knows what's going on in their relationship. Remember this is a real world relationship and they are not bowing to the hyped up demands of t.v. There is a stage in relationships where they either progress to the next level or they fail, we all know about that stage. In the real world the couples are seen together and their relationship is either reinforced or strained by interactions with other family and friends. This couple has not had that stage. I don't know what are actual quotes from people or not. I sure don't understand by the BIL would be making statements? I discount those.
    I also doubt very much that the couple has been flirting with other people, it doesn't make sense.I also would be stunned if Travis were able to take off time to go on a vacation. He's undoubtedly taken off more than his share.

What does make sense is that they are in the real world and in the real world relationships take time. Bummer, we want to know the ending and we want to know it now. LOL I also would be stunned if Travis were able to take off time to go on a vacation. He's undoubtedly taken off more than his share.

I think Travis being a resident makes for an unusual situation. He has long hours and probably not too much time off so they probably haven't had much time together. Even talking on the phone would be somewhat limited if his shifts are different from her tutoring schedule.

ABC did issue a statement that the couple wanted privacy for a few days. If they really weren't together wouldn't they have already decided how they were going to handle this? Either they'd come out and be seen as a couple for a short time and then issue a breakup statement like some of the previous couples or not even bother and issue one right away.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=SkateMom;1804631]
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenia36 View Post

I Googled for the lyrics. I have never heard of this song, and I've never heard my kids being taught it.

repeating the phrase. “Tootie-ta, tootie-ta, tootie-ta-ta,” they sang, adding an action to their music after each verse. “Thumbs up, elbows back, feet apart, knees together, bottoms up, tongue out, eyes shut.”

Hey, come to think of it after looking at the words, maybe Travis and Sarah should practice kissing by these directions!

My daughter's girl scout troop sings this song, but not the "tootie-ta" part. At that point they say "singing in the rain"

[QUOTE=gardenia36;1804591]
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom View Post

Too funny! By the way, was Tootie-ta what she was saying? For the life of me, I couldn't tell!
    As a former K teacher, I must admit, I have done stupid songs like tootie-ta. It is really just so test the students ability to follow directions and ability to remember sequencing. She could have made it up or read it in a teacher guide.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9 View Post
    I don't know about any of those rumors, some of them sound unlikely to me.

BUT, as I've said elsewhere, I think the fact that they have done NO public apperances together yet...no After the Final Rose...no intereview...no update at the end of the show about how they are together and happy....

What with the way ABC always pimps the "happy couple" on this show, all this leads me to believe that they are not still together. And I was thinking this even before i knew who he chose. Especially the way they didn't even ask Travis at the reunion show about whether he was happy and in luv with the girl he picked. THAT was TOTALLY unusual IMO and indicated something was amiss, and I noticed it even before he made his final pick.

So - If no news at all comes out in the coming weeks I'll just assume they were never really a couple (or were one only very briefly). I guess they're gonna have to explain at some point, though.
    I TOTALLY agree! I should have posted this before, I thought I did but my sister's assistant is supposedly friends with Sarah. She never let on that he chose her but did say in the end they are not together. That was my first clue, second was the WTA and the lack of questions regarding the relationship. Then her saying she wanted to "WIN" not "he rocked me to the core" lol. Finally, does anyone remember the look on Sarah's face in the dress shop when her mom asked her if she could see herself marrying or accepting his proposal from Travis... it screamed "YEAH RIGHT!" Now, no media, not even a phone interview, hmmm.

I am SURE they will issue a statment that they are no longer together within the month! I am just glad the "the most dramatice season of rose ceremeonies yet" is OVER!

Quote Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
    There was NO publicity after Charlie and Sarah. No GMA, no VIEW, no US articles. First we heard about them I think was a trip they took to Hawaii. I was really disappointed because I thought there was something between those two and I wanted to hear more. I agree that I think this relationship with Travis and Sarah is nothing compared to Charlie and Sarah but just because there is no media doesn't mean there is no relationship. I think it is more a matter of ABC thinking we don't care and maybe a stipulation of Travis' contract to give him some breathing space post show.
    Um, actually the ratings for this show were quite high by the end. ABC definitely knows that we care, and Travis made a ton of public appearances during the show. If we "didn't care," then Travis wouldn't have done that.

Also, ABC has managed to revive a dying franchise with this one. Believe me, if the couple were together, they would be pimped to high heaven, because ABC must know that one of the reasons why The Bachelor has been going down in the ratings is because of the lack of happy couples that have come out of it.

Travis' statements prior to the FRC tipped me off as well. He was always so vague - "I'm happy how the show turned out." I never saw him actually commenting on the relationship, only the show.

As for Charlie and Sarah? Apples and oranges. We KNEW that Charlie and Sarah were together by the finale, and that finale was a media event in itself, what with the live audience and the way that it was presented. There really wasn't as much of a need for news after that ended, so there was no point. Also, the ratings on Charlie's season were pretty much in the toilet, so that probably WAS a case of us "not caring."

I think that we are seeing a Jen or Blob scenario where the couple breaks up before the show even ends, and that is a shame. Jesse at least made the appearance that he was with Jessica for about a couple of weeks after the show. Travis can't even do that.

Travis, Travis, Travis - you boxed yourself in to where you chose a girl just because you had to choose SOMEONE, and probably let go of more suitable matches the first night. Oh, well, such is the nature of The Bachelor..

And, of course, I will be sucked in for the next one...
    Last edited by dagney852000; 03-01-2006 at 10:32 AM.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Dagney, I agree about the lack of publicity coinciding with the 'rumor' (more likely fact) that T & SS aren't together. Just look at the saturation of media exposure that Dancing with the Stars created, if there was still a happy couple to promote, we'd be having them shoved down our throats in flamboyant Fleiss style.. This FR show was as Zinnia posted on the media thread, a ratings success with a double the viewer number for the finale compared to the first show. That's a pretty impressive increase in viewership and a good indicator that we get to fire up our Spy Decoder Rings and CSI magnifying glasses for another season of sleuthing the Bachelor (or Bachelorette).
    As for Travis and Sarah, the only thing that surprises me about the break-up is that (other than Jen and her live debacle break-up), they hold the record for the quickest split of a Bachelor couple topping Bob the Blob's one week media promotion followed by the "We're Breaking Up" announcement.
    All the rumors about past girlfriends and them dating other people, I think, are bogus, because one thing Travis established a genuine reputation for was being honest and following the rules. Now, when the "official" announcement comes out, he will of course be free to date whomever as will Sarah. I hope they both find love in their own timing and look at this experience as a sweet memory.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Maybe now we know what Chris ment at the WTA when they mentioned the Dramatic "Conclusion"!~~

Since I never expected Travis to get engaged out of this show, let alone to Sarah, I'm not surprised by the outcome. Moana should have never done this show simply because the deck was stacked too heavily against, pardon the expression, an honest love "connection".
    Of course, that's not a surprise to a long time watcher and cynic like me, but I see how someone like her could have gone from skeptic to believer under what are essentially, false pretenses.

Did they know he got paid, that he got concessions in his contract, that he had to be talked into doing the show? I'd bet anything that none of the 25 girls knew any of that till after the show.

The fact that they had to talk this guy into doing the show was the absolute #1 fatal mistake. If you have to talk someone into doing this crap, you're half way to failure. They at least have to be willing famehos, if nothing else.

The fact that they had to pay him (I have no doubt he got paid) was horrible mistake #2. Do not pay these idiots a dime, beyond what is minimally mandated by union rules. Pay means it's a job!!! Duh!!

The fact that they offered him ridiculous concessions about how he will be portrayed was horrible mistake #3. Do not allow the monkeys to rule the zoo. Fleiss is the boss and like him or not, he should be free to do what he wants with his own show, once you sign on the dotted line. If the monkeys want to look good, they should stay at home and spare us their exhalted presence. This particular monkey was so scared he'd come off "badly" that he instead came off like a cardboard cutout who walked around with expressions painted on his flat mug.

The fact that they tried to rig the whole thing by sneaking in a conveniently local woman was horrible mistake #4. Spare us the patronizing next time, if you really want us to buy the romance. Everyone was skeptical because it was just a bit too coincidental, too "perfect" to be the real deal. There were others before who hailed from the same place, or close enough, but this time it just reeked of something different and lots of people sniffed the stench.

And last but not least, stupendous mistake #5 was the location. Paris? Could have been Ulan Bator for all we noticed. French culture? Where? This was the flamboyant stroke that ruined the canvas. Since holding the shindig in New York with Jen didn't work, what made them think that "upgrading" to another sophisticated cosmopolitan city would somehow be better? Trista fell in love in the stupid Malibu mansion, and so did Byron and Meredith. Charlie was a local New Yorker, so he's a fluke because that was his backyard, he belonged. See a pattern? Stick to the beach!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Nicely put MsFroggy (and by the way, love the green!). The whole 'Nashville Connection' reeked to me too.

The way I see it, Fleiss, panicked by the crappy ratings during Charlie's season, tried to 'create' an honest-to-goodness LOVE STORY! Right before our very eyes! Look at the irony! See, he's a Doctor, she's a Teacher! Aren't they perfect together! Look at the pretty lights of Paris! Isn't it the most romantic city EVER?! They did fall for each other, even though their conversations were ridiculously stilted!! Seriously!! TRUST ME!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Nicely put MsFroggy (and by the way, love the green!). The whole 'Nashville Connection' reeked to me too.

The way I see it, Fleiss, panicked by the crappy ratings during Charlie's season, tried to 'create' an honest-to-goodness LOVE STORY! Right before our very eyes! Look at the irony! See, he's a Doctor, she's a Teacher! Aren't they perfect together! Look at the pretty lights of Paris! Isn't it the most romantic city EVER?! They did fall for each other, even though their conversations were ridiculously stilted!! Seriously!! TRUST ME!!!!!!!!
    That's it in a nutshell Sweetpea! Panic breeds insecurity, insecurity breeds mistakes, mistakes breed disasters. Maybe they could rename this edition "The Bachelor: Just Another Trainwreck".
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread