+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do viewers really want to see another season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    And a huge change. The Bachelor himself should be part of the vetting procedure with the applications, with the producers having the power to add no more than one or two freaks just for the opening show.
    I some of your ideas, but I am not sure about this one. Jen picked a lot of hers and Jerry was one she picked in the application process. I think he was one of her favorites before even meeting him and I felt she did't really give the other guys much of a chance because she already had her eye on him.

Absolutely! Ditto what's been posted so far about changes that need to be made, but where else I'm I going to go to get so much entertainment value than here at the FORT in the Bachelor thread.

For some reason this is the only Reality show I have ever watched (seen every episode since half-way thru Aaron the Tool's season). I must have a twisted soul because I just love watching 25 attractive people make complete fools of themselves. I only discovered FORT this season and now I can't wait for the next. FORT made a total snooze fest a joy. So gimme more Bachelor/ette.

I have watched all of these shows & I must say this is the first one that really has left me feeling a little empty inside. Not sure if it is just getting to be a tiresome format & ABC really is not interested in giving us a real story. Now by saying that they also have to pick people & maybe do better research on the 25.

Something should tell them a major change is needed somewhere sponatanity from the individuals to be filmed ( if they are making fools of themselves then let them do it there way). Gives the viewer a cbtter chance to see who were dealing with.

I agree no first rose or impression rose although the girl that gets the first one in the line up could be set up also..

This show has been totally dissatisfying to me but in saying that I am a sucker,get mad & dissapointed but I will probably watch the nxt one & ABC knows that.LOL

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Well, you know I'll be back, although I became the least vested in this season of any up to this point. My "thing" that I love about The Bachelor/ette shows that no other reality show matches is my love of sleuthing out the clues and seeing how quickly I (and all of you) can outsmart the producers. We did very well this season in that aspect, although there was more wavering up until the end (or maybe wishful thinking on some parts) than any season we've had in a while.
    But above all, I want to see a love story and I guess one of the reasons this season didn't resonate as well with me, is that I never saw that 'love story'. So, as for changes, I agree with all the suggestions of a little bit older Bachelor, I'd say mid thirties or a Bachelorette who's at least 30 and actually ready to find a mate. NO coercing contestants to be on the show, when they don't really have a desire to get married.
    Krom, your ideas are very good, I agree with just about all of them.
    Another idea, I would love to see incorporated is perhaps more of an adventure, like Outback Jack, although, it won't work to 'trick' the girls into going to the outback or the wild again. Let them be aware of the show's format being an adventure and like Byron's if it looks like there's not a 'click' with any of the original contestants, do like Krom said and bring in someone new. It worked with Bryon and Mary.
    I always keep wondering though after all these shows air and the contestants are wrung through the wringer, just how many new participants are willing to subject themselves to the scrutiny and sometimes humiliation online and in the media.
    A different alternative to the eharmony idea (which I think is pretty good) is to hook up with Dr Phil's Match.com dating set up he has going. Having Dr. Phil as a 'counsellor might be kind of fun and definitely increase the ratings. He's got a huge following.
    If the show continues along the path it's going now, it won't last another season. The ratings do show, though, that ABC will quite likely renew it but probably not until next fall or mid season again. They don't have Monday night football this fall, so they may be looking at bringing it back then.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Me? I'm of the mind that....if they build it, I will come (apologies for the Field of Dreams knock off). If there will be no more Bach/B'ettes, I will go on merrily with my life without skipping a beat. I stopped caring after Mer's season, and that was actually the only season I ever really cared/got personally emotionally invested in the players. But if it's there for the taking, the sleuthing & snarking & character studies here at the FoRT are too fun to pass on. I doubt I'll miss the show much if there are no further installments --- I never gave it much thought in the year b/t Charlie to Trav. But if there are more, I'm definitely in.

I just hope they wouldn't try to compete against Monday Night Football. The Bach would definitely become a TiVo show for me under those circumstances. Even though I'm a "girl," I love my football (see avatar). Unless it's the Cardinals playing the Saints (no offense AZ, NO fans, but those teams are currently sad), football trumps Fleiss nonsense always. And seriously....there are a lot of men who are forced to tolerate this show (but secretly LOVE it) b/c their wives/significant others watch it. I firmly believe that if this show were up against MNF, the whole male viewership would be lost (there's no way they'd watch something instead of MNF) and a fair portion of the female audience would be lost as well (against MNF, the husbands/boyfriends would win the war of the clicker).
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

Yup I want more I love it ... even the stoopid stuff
    I want the possibility of another Byron/Mary or Charlie/Bee or even Trista/Ryan. Even Mer/Ian and Andrew/Jen ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    Well, you know I'll be back, although I became the least vested in this season of any up to this point. My "thing" that I love about The Bachelor/ette shows that no other reality show matches is my love of sleuthing out the clues and seeing how quickly I (and all of you) can outsmart the producers. We did very well this season in that aspect, although there was more wavering up until the end (or maybe wishful thinking on some parts) than any season we've had in a while.

But above all, I want to see a love story
    And I just want a connection. Two people who can say and mean "I choose you." And with our superior sleuthing skills, we can see it develope.

I usually find a favorite, but not this time. I like Moana, wanted to like Sarah, loved Kristin, wished he had kept Cole. I keep thinking the reality was hidden, but perhaps there was none. I do not understand why so many were obsessively invested in one girl or another. I just want to logically figure out what is developing. Perhaps nothing was.

I want to believe that Travis was genuinely willing to find a "someone." I think they chose the Dr. rather than the person. Give us someone outgoing, secure, interesting. I'd take another Charlie or a Byron in personality. And make them apply - don't go searching myspace and model agencies.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    Sure. Just make sure that the Bachelor actually wants to do it this time, and has some interest in getting married. Byron was perfect and there are a lot more like him out there - maybe he had one or two too many wrinkles to appeal to the MySpace demographic Fleiss craves, but the odds of a successful conclusion were a lot higher.

American society has changed, and the whole idea of getting married in one's twenties - a virtual mandate thirty years ago - has become profoundly unfashionable. If they want to keep the "proposal at the end" theme going with even the slightest shred of credibility, they are going to have to stick to a somewhat older demographic. Men over 35 - women (who are somewhat more interested in marriage at a younger age) over 25.
    I think they should bring back Jay from Byron's show. I thought he seemed like a genuine person.

I get more than a dozen hours of (online) entertainment from each episode. That's something I can't say about Survivor, The Amazing Race, 24 or Lost.

I love playing The Bachelor - The Home Game. I'll definitely be here, sleuthing and snarking.

Interesting though, tonight was Survivor, yet there were more people on the FoRT for The Bachelor, almost as much as for tonight's American Idol. Even though the show is over, the buzz remains. That shows the show isn't dead yet. The Bachelor 8 with Travis doubled its ratings over it's run. The interest is there.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

FORT Newbie
    No. After this season, I've seen enough. The continual choppy editing, voice-overs and seemingly manipulated scenes just ruin it for me.

I mean if we had all the scenes in the first place from Sarah and the camping trip, what would have been the harm? If we were to see the REAL story of the show, without scripting and clipped footage, then THAT would be the show I want to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast