+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Bitter End" Theory

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    Is this the article you're referring to:?

Wednesday, 03/01/06
    'Bachelor' spends day after at work

Nashville couple not talking after finale

By BRAD SCHMITT
    Staff Writer

ABC has restricted The Bachelor: Paris cast from talking for months, so now that the whole thing's over, they've got to be dying to talk, right?

Wrong.

In fact, it seems there's a gag order on Vanderbilt ER Dr. Travis Stork and Nashville kindergarten teacher Sarah Stone who ended up together in Monday's finale and their friends and family, even ones who have been talking to media for weeks.

Suzy Swift, a friend of Stone and one of her spokeswomen, said yesterday, "I've been asked to not say anymore on behalf of ABC."

Not so, ABC says. Publicity and management for those on The Bachelor has been turned over to show producers Telepictures Productions and Next Entertainment.

A spokeswoman suggested the couple issued the gag order. "Sarah and Travis have requested to spend some time together alone this week. We are respecting their request," Laura Mandel said.

In any event, no one yesterday was discussing Stone and Stork's current status.

Channel 2 reported in its 4:30 p.m. newscast that the couple has split but other media suggested otherwise.

One thing seems certain: Stork hasn't planned any extended leave from the ER to whisk his woman away. He was at work yesterday, and hospital spokesman John Howser said, "It's business as usual" for Stork until he completes his residency in July.

Nashvillians ate the finale up: The show was first in its time slot, with more than 20% of Midstate-area TVs tuned in for the last 15 minutes.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....NT12/603010402

This doesn't sound like much of a statement to me.
    That's it. Now what more should they do? They want to be left alone obviously. Let them be, if they did break up it will come out eventually.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I am totally not going to let them be. They get us all worked up about the show and the "love story" and then we get all this vagueness at the end? No way man. I feel cheated.

seriously, I do want to know whether they are really still together and I totally don't think it's an unreasonable request, given the whole buildup.
    Perfection is just fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9 View Post
    I am totally not going to let them be. They get us all worked up about the show and the "love story" and then we get all this vagueness at the end? No way man. I feel cheated.

seriously, I do want to know whether they are really still together and I totally don't think it's an unreasonable request, given the whole buildup.
    Well they are in no way obligated to do more than they have and I respect their request for privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101 View Post
    Well they are in no way obligated to do more than they have and I respect their request for privacy.
    I don't respect their request for privacy. They went on national TV for godsakes. I want my final photo op of the happy couple dang it. We've gotten one in all the other shows!

Seriously though - I didn't like Mary as Byron's pick, but I enjoyed following the couple from time to time in newsbytes (even though they, also, stayed mostly private) and I now think it was the right choice. I think it's hypocritical of Fleiss and Co. to manipulate the viewers to get them totally invested in the finale and then suddenly clam up when it suits them.

I don't respect their request for privacy. They went on national TV for godsakes. I want my final photo op of the happy couple dang it. We've gotten one in all the other shows!

Seriously though - I didn't like Mary as Byron's pick, but I enjoyed following the couple from time to time in newsbytes (even though they, also, stayed mostly private) and I now think it was the right choice. I think it's hypocritical of Fleiss and Co. to manipulate the viewers to get them totally invested in the finale and then suddenly clam up when it suits them.
    Geesh, give it some time. They requested a week to have their time together. Things will start to trickle out, they always do.

The way things have been put across though, they have "requested to spend some time alone together this week" and they have "started at the beginning" to "see how it goes" according to T's sister (obviously these are word-for-word quotes but you get the drift) - all this doesn't make me think they are doing well. The wording isn't suggesting they are holed up in some love-nest and have hung out the "do not disturb" sign...quite the opposite, in fact.

If they ARE doing well, then it actually makes me even MORE irritated with them. What, you are enough of a fameho to go on a show like The Bachelor and then when you supposedly have this big romantic ending, millions of people watch, you suddenly get all PRIVATE and want to avoid the audience that you "entertained" with your big love story? You tell your family not to speak with anyone?

Huh. Maybe you should have thought about your privacy before you went on the stupid show. Yes, I know the show is over and they have every right to disappear from public view. Actually, that's more than ok with me. BUT it seems to me that if everything was going well, they would at least admit it publicly some way, do the obligatory media crap, and then they can retire to (hopefully) obscurity with my full blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101 View Post
    Geesh, give it some time. They requested a week to have their time together. Things will start to trickle out, they always do.
    So realityfan101, answer me this. (and I too am a longtime Bachelor viewer by the way) Why do YOU think they had no "After the Final Rose" this year?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    What, you are enough of a fameho to go on a show like The Bachelor and then when you supposedly have this big romantic ending, millions of people watch, and you suddenly get all PRIVATE and want to avoid the audience that you "entertained" with your big love story? You tell your family not to speak with anyone? You request your "privacy"?

Huh. Maybe you should have thought about your privacy before you went on the stupid show. Yes, I know the show is over and they have every right to disappear from public view. Actually, that's more than ok with me. BUT it seems to me that if everything was going well, they would at least admit it publicly some way, do the obligatory media crap, and then they can retire to (hopefully) obscurity with my full blessings.
    AMEN. Thank you for saying exactly what is irking me in a much more articulate way than I did, sweetpea.

And I just want to add that I don't think they REALLY requested their privacy (at least, not as a couple - maybe individually).
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 03-01-2006 at 08:49 PM. Reason: multiple post merge

So realityfan101, answer me this. (and I too am a longtime Bachelor viewer by the way) Why do YOU think they had no "After the Final Rose" this year?
    Maybe because Travis/Sarah/Moana didn't want one. I don't think it's that big of a deal, it's not the first time.

FORT Newbie

*gag order*

i firmly believe there is a "gag order" so that abc can relish in what they think was a successful season - they did have decent ratings, so i guess one would say it was successful. i believe they do not want either to talk, or their friends/family, until they are ready to break the news that they are not together. they want us to think that they're working on their relationship!

someone commented earlier in the thread about susan's wta comments - she also said that she is still in love with travis...maybe abc is working on their 'twist' for the year?

Quote Originally Posted by addsomesanity View Post
    i firmly believe there is a "gag order" so that abc can relish in what they think was a successful season - they did have decent ratings, so i guess one would say it was successful. i believe they do not want either to talk, or their friends/family, until they are ready to break the news that they are not together. they want us to think that they're working on their relationship!

someone commented earlier in the thread about susan's wta comments - she also said that she is still in love with travis...maybe abc is working on their 'twist' for the year?
    Yeah. It is likely that ABC just wants to stubbornly maintain that all's well for a bit, because, you know if they say it enough we might even believe it.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread