+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Bitter End" Theory

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9 View Post
    Not that I saw. I heard something on here saying ABC made a totally nebulous and carefully worded press release about "starting from square one" or something.

But I'm talking about a statement actually ON TV at the end of the show by Chris H. If they weren't going to do an AFR special that they could have at least done that. Or at the VERY least, made a press release totally affirmatively stating the couple is still together and in lurve. I have not seen anything like that.
    LOL, ABC released a statement on their status and now you have a problem with it because it wasn't on TV?

No, see, I saw something a little more complex than that going on.

Guys sometimes pick the boring/safe girl over the one they are really passionate about for a number of reasons (they're afraid of falling in love...they're afraid of someone their equal...they want an easier life...they want to be the big dog...or, admittedly, they want something more stable).

It looked to me - and from what I can tell, to a lot of other people too - that this is what happened here.

I was just disappointed, because I always prefer the intelligent, complex, more assertive chick to the pageant queen (just a personal thing!) and to me, it's a cop out when a successful man picks a woman I see as the "safe" pick.

Now, I expect a dopey guy like Alex Michel or Aaron Burge to do something like this, but for whatever reason, it really seemed like Travis had more going on than that.

Just my take on the show! But I know I'm not alone.
    Sorry, I think if he had been in love with Moana he'd have chosen her. He'll let someone he loves go and pick someone who he's not in love with? I'm not buying it.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 03-01-2006 at 09:50 PM. Reason: multiple post merge

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101 View Post
    Didn't ABC put out a statement to that effect?
    No, ABC didn't make any statement. That's a huge clue right there about the disposition of the relationship. Another is the montage we saw at the end of the program (where a statement would have gone nicely). Instead of all that red hot footage people thought was left on the cutting room floor, we got replays of the tepid stuff we'd already seen. So, one can logically conclude that either there is no red hot footage, or, alternatively, it's already inappropriate. One cannot reasonably conclude they just decided not to use it because the 'stars' are (this is my favorite!) very private people.

It's Travis' sister, not ABC, that made the back to square one comment.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    No, ABC didn't make any statement. That's a huge clue right there about the disposition of the relationship. Another is the montage we saw at the end of the program (where a statement would have gone nicely). Instead of all that red hot footage people thought was left on the cutting room floor, we got replays of the tepid stuff we'd already seen. So, one can logically conclude that either there is no red hot footage, or, alternatively, it's already inappropriate. One cannot reasonably conclude they just decided not to use it because the 'stars' are (this is my favorite!) very private people.
    I'm almost positive in one of these threads there was a news link that included ABC's comments.

I'm almost positive in one of these threads there was a news link that included ABC's comments.
    Well, I haven't seen it and I've read every post. I did, however, read that Travis' sister said that. If someone can point me to an ABC statement, I'm happy to read it and concede the point. Otherwise, I stand by my previous post.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Well, I haven't seen it and I've read every post. I did, however, read that Travis' sister said that. If someone can point me to an ABC statement, I'm happy to read it and concede the point. Otherwise, I stand by my previous post.
    I'll hunt around for it. Brightcryptic referenced the link and she is very reliable in all things Bachelor.

I'll hunt around for it. Brightcryptic referenced the link and she is very reliable in all things Bachelor.
    Here's the article with Travis' sister:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....602280364/1005
    I cater to the Regs!

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    LOL, ABC released a statement on their status and now you have a problem with it because it wasn't on TV?
    No, what I meant was - I am not sure they actually released a statement at all.

However, I heard a rumor here that they did, but even the statement they supposedly issued was kind of vague as to what the status of the couple was, which was also odd.

And I do have a problem with the fact that they didn't say ANYTHING about their current status on TV - given the history of the show I do think that's totally weird.

It's Travis' sister, not ABC, that made the back to square one comment.

You're totally right. That's what I was thinking of. Thanks
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 03-01-2006 at 09:48 PM. Reason: multiple post merge
    Perfection is just fine by me!

But they ALWAYS say that. "Oh...I didn't really WANT to do the show...they talked me into it." Bob said the same thing.
    are you serious, Bob said that?? So they ask a horndog like Bob if he wants to go from the funny-guy-who-would-always-be-the-friend on Trista's show to the Bachelor-with-his-pick-of-25-desperate-beautiful-women and he says "Oh, I didn't really WANT to do it, they talked me into it?"

Yeah, Bob, I buy that just as much as I'm likely to buy your CD, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by SureOfSarah View Post
    Second, I think he has enough respect for the fact that Moana is an emotional woman NOT to put her through another "maybe this could work" experiment. IF she fell for him, she fell hard and fast! And, unless Travis KNOWS that she is THE ONE for him and KNOWS he will see it through to marriage, why would he sign up to break her heart again?
    And if he has any kind of a heart, after watching her breakdown in the limo after he kicked her to the curb, he wouldn't want to put her through any more emotional turmoil. I for one think it's highly unlikely he would call her, and I would like to believe she wouldn't give him the time of day if he did.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    are you serious, Bob said that?? So they ask a horndog like Bob if he wants to go from the funny-guy-who-would-always-be-the-friend on Trista's show to the Bachelor-with-his-pick-of-25-desperate-beautiful-women and he says "Oh, I didn't really WANT to do it, they talked me into it?"

Yeah, Bob, I buy that just as much as I'm likely to buy your CD, buddy.
    He TOTALLY said that. "Oh, ABC *begged* me to do the Bachelor, so FINALLY I relented."

Okay, I'm exaggerating, but definitely he said something not too far off from that. We bashed him here for it mercilessly, as I recall.
    Perfection is just fine by me!

Is this the article you're referring to:?

Wednesday, 03/01/06
    'Bachelor' spends day after at work

Nashville couple not talking after finale

By BRAD SCHMITT
    Staff Writer

ABC has restricted The Bachelor: Paris cast from talking for months, so now that the whole thing's over, they've got to be dying to talk, right?

Wrong.

In fact, it seems there's a gag order on Vanderbilt ER Dr. Travis Stork and Nashville kindergarten teacher Sarah Stone who ended up together in Monday's finale and their friends and family, even ones who have been talking to media for weeks.

Suzy Swift, a friend of Stone and one of her spokeswomen, said yesterday, "I've been asked to not say anymore on behalf of ABC."

Not so, ABC says. Publicity and management for those on The Bachelor has been turned over to show producers Telepictures Productions and Next Entertainment.

A spokeswoman suggested the couple issued the gag order. "Sarah and Travis have requested to spend some time together alone this week. We are respecting their request," Laura Mandel said.

In any event, no one yesterday was discussing Stone and Stork's current status.

Channel 2 reported in its 4:30 p.m. newscast that the couple has split but other media suggested otherwise.

One thing seems certain: Stork hasn't planned any extended leave from the ER to whisk his woman away. He was at work yesterday, and hospital spokesman John Howser said, "It's business as usual" for Stork until he completes his residency in July.

Nashvillians ate the finale up: The show was first in its time slot, with more than 20% of Midstate-area TVs tuned in for the last 15 minutes.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....NT12/603010402

This doesn't sound like much of a statement to me.

+ Reply to Thread