+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Bitter End" Theory

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9 View Post
    How hard is it to say "Yes, we're still together?" Or schedule one lousy appearance or follow up show?

I am not buyin' it.
    Maybe they don't feel like they owe anyone anything. They did their time on the show and may just want to get back to a "normal" life. Neither one of them struck me as a famewhore.

How hard is it to say "Yes, we're still together?" Or schedule one lousy appearance or follow up show?

I am not buyin' it.

Thank you! Chris Harrison could have easily made that annoucement as the show was signing off.

Sarah apparently got roses on Monday.
    That doesn't mean anything. Mike Fleiss and Lisa Levinson could have sent them to her. IIRC they sent a bouquet of flowers to her parents on Monday too.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101 View Post
    Maybe they don't feel like they owe anyone anything. They did their time on the show and may just want to get back to a "normal" life. Neither one of them struck me as a famewhore.
    I doubt it. You make it sound like prison. Reality TV isn't doing time. I think you HAVE to be SOMETHING of a famewhore to even do this show in the first place, no?

Again though, even assuming they aren't, if they wanted a "normal" life, they could have issued a joint statement saying something like "We are looking forward to starting a normal life together and appreciate you respecting our privacy." Period. End of story. Would take two seconds.

Or, if they didn't want to do that themselves, I am SURE Fleiss and co would have been more than happy to have Chris H. make such a statement at the end of the show last night.

But that didn't happen. Now, we see that there are no joint appearances (though they both apparently have time to make appearances individually) and everyone's got a whole lot of "no commenting" going on.

Logically, it's not hard to figure out why this is.
    Perfection is just fine by me!

I have totally thought of it. Remember how Alex was calling Trista after he picked what'sherface, the fluffy one?

My guess though would be that he doesn't call Moana - I see Playboy bunnies and extreme sports girls in his future a la Aaron. That guy is going to be getting some pretty major tail all across the nation if he wants it (which I am sure he does).

Although if he does call Moana, I hope she lets him have it.
    It's very possible that Travis did or will get in touch with Susan. Susan said something rather strange (at least to me)at the WTA. She said that it was over her with Travis for now. Did anyone else catch that?

I doubt it. You make it sound like prison. Reality TV isn't doing time. I think you HAVE to be SOMETHING of a famewhore to even do this show in the first place, no?

Again though, even assuming they aren't, if they wanted a "normal" life, they could have issued a joint statement saying something like "We are looking forward to starting a normal life together and appreciate you respecting our privacy." Period. End of story. Would take two seconds.

Or, if they didn't want to do that themselves, I am SURE Fleiss and co would have been more than happy to have Chris H. make such a statement at the end of the show last night.

But that didn't happen. Now, we see that there are no joint appearances (though they both apparently have time to make appearances individually) and everyone's got a whole lot of "no commenting" going on.

Logically, it's not hard to figure out why this is.
    Didn't ABC put out a statement to that effect?

Crystal Allen

Not so sure

If Moana was his soulmate he would have chosen her.
    See, i think this is what may have bothered a lot of viewers. And women in general. Men DON"T always go for the rocking to the core soulmate. They oftentimes go for the pageant girl that can do the Tootie Tah and fits in with the family. I truly think that the reason Sarah kept prattling on and on about Nashville and how perfect they were was that she had just that on her mind. She saw the connection between him and Moanna, and she was playing the "But I'm the NiceGirl [tm] card." I mean, she actually brought videotapes to the home visit! And she did that stupid dance with his nieces. She was way way way too desperate to prover that she SHOULD be the one, rather than being confident that they belonged together.

Didn't ABC put out a statement to that effect?
    Not that I saw. I heard something on here saying ABC made a totally nebulous and carefully worded press release about "starting from square one" or something.

But I'm talking about a statement actually ON TV at the end of the show by Chris H. If they weren't going to do an AFR special that they could have at least done that. Or at the VERY least, made a press release totally affirmatively stating the couple is still together and in lurve. I have not seen anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees View Post
    See, i think this is what may have bothered a lot of viewers. And women in general. Men DON"T always go for the rocking to the core soulmate. They oftentimes go for the pageant girl that can do the Tootie Tah and fits in with the family. I truly think that the reason Sarah kept prattling on and on about Nashville and how perfect they were was that she had just that on her mind. She saw the connection between him and Moanna, and she was playing the "But I'm the NiceGirl [tm] card." I mean, she actually brought videotapes to the home visit! And she did that stupid dance with his nieces. She was way way way too desperate to prover that she SHOULD be the one, rather than being confident that they belonged together.
    I think people are trying to see something that obviously wasn't there for Travis and so they have to try and convince themselves that he chose the "safe choice". If he wanted to be with Moana, he could have chosen her. He didn't, so obviously his feelings for her weren't that deep.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees View Post
    If Moana is his soulmate, why can't he call her and beg forgiveness, say he made a huge mistake and please please get together with him. She clearly felt something for him, and she hardly seems the type to turn her feelings on and off too quickly. Alex did have that phone call to Trista after he chose Amanda, but I thought I saw someplace that they couldn't contact the losers again.
    Ummm did you happen to catch the part where she talked about being humiliated and how she was a fool? The girl may have *fallen* in love with Travis, but I highly doubt she would want to hear any declarations from him again. You can't do anything worse than dumping someone on national TV.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I think people are trying to see something that obviously wasn't there for Travis and so they have to try and convince themselves that he chose the "safe choice". If he wanted to be with Moana, he could have chosen her. He didn't, so obviously his feelings for her weren't that deep.
    No, see, I saw something a little more complex than that going on.

Guys sometimes pick the boring/safe girl over the one they are really passionate about for a number of reasons (they're afraid of falling in love...they're afraid of someone their equal...they want an easier life...they want to be the big dog...or, admittedly, they want something more stable).

It looked to me - and from what I can tell, to a lot of other people too - that this is what happened here.

I was just disappointed, because I always prefer the intelligent, complex, more assertive chick to the pageant queen (just a personal thing!) and to me, it's a cop out when a successful man picks a woman I see as the "safe" pick.

Now, I expect a dopey guy like Alex Michel or Aaron Burge to do something like this, but for whatever reason, it really seemed like Travis had more going on upstairs than that. I was disappointed because the outcome told a different tale.

Just my take on the show! But I know I'm not alone.

+ Reply to Thread