+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: "The Bitter End" Theory

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    I keep hoping you'll make good use of that link, RandalR! After all, you could request that they bring some past contestants back, say Susan and Cole.
    They would never pick me - I'm not gullible enough. Besides, I'll probably be found dead before the next season starts - I'm still expecting an angry mob of Bachelorettes and ABC staffers that I've made fun of this year to show up at my front door some day soon with torches and pitchforks...especially now that the video is available. I'm probably the only "Randal R" in Walnut Creek, so I'm not hard enough to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Please, please, please let me represent the 99%. I want to become emotionally invested. I want to have favorites; even as they are kicked to the curb, one by one. I want to like the bachelor. I want a sappy, teary 5 tissue ending. I want to buy into the love at first or second or third sight (at least by the second group date) premise. I want to have my feelings cued by the key words and phrases - here for the right or wrong reasons, connection (that's a BIG one) amazing (means they are excited) journey (traveling the process). I want a romantic story with all its trials and tribulations, but most of all, I want to be naive so I can be SHOCKED and AMAZED by the Most Romantic Rose Ceremony Ever!
    You could have had all of that if he had simply picked Moana...even if they had already announced their breakup. At least the FRC would have been believable, and it wouldn't have been hard to accept that they found themselves to be incompatible after the show ended - because they are. But the choice of someone he obviously had no romantic (pronounced Sarah-style, with a silent "t") interest in left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    You could have had all of that if he had simply picked Moana...even if they had already announced their breakup. At least the FRC would have been believable, and it wouldn't have been hard to accept that they found themselves to be incompatible after the show ended - because they are. But the choice of someone he obviously had no romantic (pronounced Sarah-style, with a silent "t") interest in left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Randal did you hit the nail on the head with this one. It sure does show Fleiss I would hope that the majority viewing public knows very well only by watching body language & gut feeling wethere what they are watching has only the slightest bit of connection & romance. A person could see right through this sham early on.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    They would never pick me - I'm not gullible enough. Besides, I'll probably be found dead before the next season starts - I'm still expecting an angry mob of Bachelorettes and ABC staffers that I've made fun of this year to show up at my front door some day soon with torches and pitchforks...especially now that the video is available. I'm probably the only "Randal R" in Walnut Creek, so I'm not hard enough to find.
    Holy red rose! I never thought of that. Do you think we're all in danger from the angry mob?

I mean, I was nice to them, they must know I just loved them all, especially Sarah, and I mean, I never really meant to make fun of them, I was just cranky and had too much coffee, and you know, I just love all of the Bachelorettes and Travis, he's this great, great guy!! And I always made my posts very ambiguous, you know, I wouldn't want anyone to think that I actually held any opinions. And, if you look carefully, none of my posts really make fun of anyone, I mean, Southern Pageant is just an affectionate term and Dr.Dull, well it just rhymes with "emtpy skull", that's all, no making fun there. I think I'm safe!

"Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Holy red rose! I never thought of that. Do you think we're all in danger from the angry mob?

I mean, I was nice to them, they must know I just loved them all, especially Sarah, and I mean, I never really meant to make fun of them, I was just cranky and had too much coffee, and you know, I just love all of the Bachelorettes and Travis, he's this great, great guy!! And I always made my posts very ambiguous, you know, I wouldn't want anyone to think that I actually held any opinions. And, if you look carefully, none of my posts really make fun of anyone, I mean, Southern Pageant is just an affectionate term and Dr.Dull, well it just rhymes with "emtpy skull", that's all, no making fun there. I think I'm safe!

MsFroggy, I think you and Randal are safe because that "empty skull" trait flunks all of this season's participants from the FORT Super Duper Sleuth Club! Now, if you want to worry, just let the FORT sleuth's start googling Snark Queen Froggys but worse, yet, Randal, just think: Walnut Creek, white pages and reunion searches, look out, google happy sleuths might converge on your doorstep to get autographs for the Best video "Bachelor Paris- Unleashed"!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl View Post
    MsFroggy, I think you and Randal are safe because that "empty skull" trait flunks all of this season's participants from the FORT Super Duper Sleuth Club! Now, if you want to worry, just let the FORT sleuth's start googling Snark Queen Froggys but worse, yet, Randal, just think: Walnut Creek, white pages and reunion searches, look out, google happy sleuths might converge on your doorstep to get autographs for the Best video "Bachelor Paris- Unleashed"!!
    I'm no longer worried! Let Randal handle the marauding FORT hordes.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post

I mean, I was nice to them, they must know I just loved them all, especially Sarah, and I mean, I never really meant to make fun of them, I was just cranky and had too much coffee, and you know, I just love all of the Bachelorettes and Travis, he's this great, great guy!! And I always made my posts very ambiguous, you know, I wouldn't want anyone to think that I actually held any opinions. And, if you look carefully, none of my posts really make fun of anyone, I mean, Southern Pageant is just an affectionate term and Dr.Dull, well it just rhymes with "empty skull", that's all, no making fun there. I think I'm safe!

I just fear that my Barbie picture hit way too close to home. Telling the truth is the one thing you'll never be forgiven for.

cafegirl probably has it right though - the only time we'll be in any real danger is if we get caught between the targets of of our satire and a TV camera.

+ Reply to Thread