+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126127128129130131132133134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,354 of 1354

Thread: 2/27 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I just can't allocate his doing this to such sinister motives.

He was approached and turned them down. His pals set him up, probably as a joke, and he turned them down again. His sister, (who is obviously way more clueless about what really happens on the show than anyone who has ever read a fan board would be) badgered him into doing it, Fleiss promised $$ (and I am sure his debts from school are huge) and some guarantees and made it sound reasonable, his coworkers encouraged him to take a dare, his bosses gave their blessing (hoping for good PR for Vandy). "Why the he$$ not?"
    Everyone encouraged him and NONE of them knew what they were setting him up for. to slaughter ...
    Only ... he quit playing during the hometown dates when it got mean.

He was a reluctant bachelor who got dared into doing this by clueless people. This man loves his job, his coffee and his dog. He shouldn't be doing a reality dating show, maybe amazing race. His inner voinces were screaming "NO, NO," but he couldn't resist a dare !

And Fleiss thought a hunky DOCTOR going to Paris was the answer - I swear - that man is clueless too ....
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

This man can't possibly be that clueless.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe View Post
    I read this over at the abc site and I wanted to know what you all think this.

"My sources here say that Travis, from fairly early on, realized that the whole thing was not his cup of tea.

From then on, the show was more or less scripted and contrived. This comes from sources close to the family.

The outcome was manipulated to be the least difficult and to have "cute" overtones in terms of "went all the way to Paris to find home town love."

There were no post show appearances because Travis regretted the whole deal and wanted to go back to the practice of medicine and forget it ever happened.

The word here is that after two weeks, the interest will die down. ABC will announce that it didn't work out and everyone will go their separate ways.

If you look at the FRC, you can tell it's scripted. And for the record, Travis is a pretty good actor!"
    Sounds pretty likely to me. ... Also makes sense of why he would eliminate all three of the final four with whom he seemed to be at least somewhat sympatico while keeping the one he didn't appear to feel much interest in at all. ... If anybody's paying attention, this won't exactly enhance Trav's reputation when it comes to judgment. I wonder if it could impact on his job search at all.

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre View Post
    Sounds pretty likely to me. ... Also makes sense of why he would eliminate all three of the final four with whom he seemed to be at least somewhat sympatico while keeping the one he didn't appear to feel much interest in at all. ... If anybody's paying attention, this won't exactly enhance Trav's reputation when it comes to judgment. I wonder if it could impact on his job search at all.
    Well, I don't quite buy the assertion that he realized it "early on", because his attraction to Sarah B and Susan in the first three episodes appeared real enough. But then, in succession:
    • Sarah B got so drunk she couldn't remember their time in the tree.
    • Tara kept crashing his alone time with the others.
    • Jehan admitted she had been married before.
    • Moana's family attacked him.
    • Sarah B badmouthed Moana and Susan.
    • Susan's mom accused her of acting.

By the end of the hometown dates, he may have decided that he had had enough, and worked out a deal with Sarah S to name her the winner if they could just quietly end it when they got back.

+ Reply to Thread