+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paris, Europe and playing with a guy's head

Paris, Europe and playing with a guy's head

I'm beginning to wonder if and if so HOW putting Travis in Europe "played with his head". He talked earnestly to Sarah, on the overnight, about how he'd gotten off track, etc. I can't remember the exact words, the basic meaning was that whether it was just the 25 women and simulanous dating or if the venue entered into this confusion.
    What do you think?

I think he was genuinely flattered by the whole thing - the setting, not only Paris but essentially a palace, the women, having everything done for him, and so on. It all got to his ego, at least somewhat, and although he may have tried to fight it, he's only human.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post

I'm beginning to wonder if and if so HOW putting Travis in Europe "played with his head". He talked earnestly to Sarah, on the overnight, about how he'd gotten off track, etc. I can't remember the exact words, the basic meaning was that whether it was just the 25 women and simulanous dating or if the venue entered into this confusion.
    What do you think?
    He told Sarah that he was glad that she was there because without her he would have gotten lost in the process.

I think what he was trying to communicate is that it would have been very easy to get caught up in the "magic" of the show and it's surroundings. Here he is with 25 women all vying for his attentions, he's being treated to free trips in and around Paris/Europe, and he's being placed on a pedestal. Sarah keeps him grounded by being a reminder of his morals and beliefs and true values in life.

So this is the "excuse Travis" thread. LOL.

The show played with his head? Boy, the more we speculate about this guy the less I like him. Now, it's not his fault that he's lusting after Moana... the show made him do it!!!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

It would be of interest to review this whole thing a bit further down the road - let's assume he does stay with whoever he picked. After their first really bad fight, will the impact of the show filter through? You know that he's going to have exceptional temptations being thrown in his path - does he have the strength of character to resist those?

I don't think we even know enough about him (or her, for that matter) to hazard a guess as to the answer. However, I really do not believe he was in this for the long haul, and he appears not to be now, so I don't think it's a question that will ever need to be answered.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    So this is the "excuse Travis" thread. LOL.

The show played with his head? Boy, the more we speculate about this guy the less I like him. Now, it's not his fault that he's lusting after Moana... the show made him do it!!!
    No, I have no interest in excusing Travis, I'm not sure he needs a defense. Have you even found yourself in an exotic location with an exotic man and felt more romantic towards him? It happened big time to one of my daughters! Was this someone whom you'd necessary want to take home? There's a reason that the Vegas ad campaign slogan is one everyone's lips---because it's TRUE.
    It's not always pretty, but it's true.

T's interview comments just left the door open to thinking that he and Moan may have gotten caught in that trap. I don't know and obviously it is a recipe for people getting hurt. I don't mean this to be the Travis excuse, just another tool for analyzing the results.

It's code talk for things he might not be eager to admit he did, while on an all-expense paid vacation surrounded by hot eager to please girls. It's maybe meant for his parents, friends and anyone out there in America who might "mistakenly" see him acting like... well... a typical guy.

Paris had nothing to do with it. Hot tubs did.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. IF you are honest about it. Dishonesty and ass-covering are far worse than merely being an enthusiastic heterosexual thrown into the sexual equivalent of Augustus Gloop being let into Willy Wonka's factory.

Okay, bad example. Augustus got his in the end.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with that. IF you are honest about it. Dishonesty and ass-covering are far worse than merely being an enthusiastic heterosexual thrown into the sexual equivalent of Augustus Gloop being let into Willy Wonka's factory.

Okay, bad example. Augustus got his in the end.
    Exactly. As long as the whole hot tub thing isn't done under the pretense that "You are the one - I'm not doing this with the others," then it's up to the women to decide whether to play the game or not. They knew when they signed up for the show that such things would be expected of them...by Fleiss, if not the Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    No, I have no interest in excusing Travis, I'm not sure he needs a defense. Have you even found yourself in an exotic location with an exotic man and felt more romantic towards him? It happened big time to one of my daughters! Was this someone whom you'd necessary want to take home? There's a reason that the Vegas ad campaign slogan is one everyone's lips---because it's TRUE.
    It's not always pretty, but it's true.

T's interview comments just left the door open to thinking that he and Moan may have gotten caught in that trap. I don't know and obviously it is a recipe for people getting hurt. I don't mean this to be the Travis excuse, just another tool for analyzing the results.
    But that's just a convenient way of excusing his attraction to Moana: "Oh, honey, I felt just like I'd feel in Vegas. It was confusing. I didn't know my head from my heart and I just got caught up in the whole Paris thing. But it's you I love!!!" That is exactly the argument cheating husbands use. Or cheating wives. That's probably the excuse he used with Sarah Monday night on the phone, right after his Venice date.

There's a difference between having a private fling for a couple of days with a hot bod in some exotic location charmed by the atmosphere, and going on a reality show, with plenty of cameras, production people and retakes to wrest one back to reality every second of the day. Not to mention all the other women involved. If he can still "get caught" in a fantasy with all that, well that's... "amazing".
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I almost can't believe we are having this conversation.

THe whole premise for The Bachelor is that the person has to act reasonably interested and intimate with at least several of the girls/guys or we wouldn't be watching. THere would be nothing to sleuth, and it would be something like watching paint dry, or leaves fall.

I almost stopped watching this show because of Meridith and her statement to Matt, that she wanted him to give her a ring. (can't remember the exact statement). I wasn't around here then, and although I thought she was going with Ian, that remark to Matt changed my mind because I didn't think that she would be that cruel.

With Jen, I thought I saw chemistry plus with Jerry, and yet the things that she said to John Paul, plus the fact he was obviously more her "type" made me think she might choose him, when in actuality she wasn't into either.

Charlie's season was refreshing because he was so open and candid with the girls. Yes, he gave them a test drive, but he knew what he was looking for and was very straight forward about getting there. With all the girls. He was on the bed making out with Kim on the first date, and didn't even kiss Bee until the fantasy date, and yet he fell madly in love with her, and they are still together. Who thought that would happen? NO ONE here thought he was making a love match. Not that I remember anyway.

Travis seems torn between playing the game, staying true to himself, and trying to be honest with the girls. I thought the speech to Moana about not cheating on a girlfriend was a gentle way to remind her that she was not the only one. Closing the door said to me that there was nothing more to see, not that they were closing out the world so they could get busy.

The show implies things to even the field. I don't think for a minute that remark about PDA's was randomly inserted in the show. They were trying to say that more is going on in private with Sarah and Travis than we are seeing.

I didn't like Sarah at first, and truthfully if I was picking she would be the one I'd choose now. I think Moana was fun and spunky, and Travis felt/feels protective of her, because he likes her and the rest of the girls didn't. But, the things he says about Sarah makes me think that she is the one he can see himself building a relationship with.

As far as keeping one that is easier to get rid of, I have NEVER seen them do that. Maybe some of you guys that are a bigger student of the game than me remembers a time when that happened, but I think they almost always go down to the wire with honestly the two they have the most feelings for/interest in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast