+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Paris, Europe and playing with a guy's head

  1. #31
    FORT Fanatic vicyn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    448
    Interesting thread.


    Travis re: locale
    On a few occasions he has mentioned this not being his first trip to Europe. ("last time I was in Paris I backpacked"/ "when I was in Venice before I noticed couples in gondolas") I think first timers run the risk of sensory overload; second timers have a fighting chance.

    I agree with others who have highlighted the harem and luxury as counterpoints to Travis in his daily realistic lifestyle. There have been some opportunities to refocus: camping date, cycling, jetskiiing, rock climbing. In one of his diaries (or somewhere) he talks about walking the extensive grounds and also cycling as opportunity allows.

    He has also stated to Sarah that he isn't prone to public displays of affection and I imagine the cameras are causing him grief. It seems he values her being there because to kiss or not to kiss is not a pressure he feels. This could mean she is a respite rather than a contender or it could mean he is interested and likes the relaxed timing.

    As to being the target of aggressors, he stated early on that he likes more assertive women. I don't find Moana ,at this point, to be agressive. I think she sees coyness as a game and doesn't see the purpose in it. She is interested in this guy now and sees no purpose in building a relationship on second guessing.

    Sarah stands out from many of the 25 women in that her flirting repetoire suggests inexperience. (Just my opinion but she's kinda giggly and naive. I think the reaction of her aunt & mom when she said they hadn't kissed yet led to a "talking to". Yep. Those 2 Southern ladies know what's what.)

    The head game is definitely there. T had to keep sending home women he really didn't know all that well. Dates with cameras at locations he may not have chosen. Realizations that some are not who he thought they were. He said early on that he connected with Moana because they shared the same scepticism. I think that linked them initially just like Sarah is linked to T by the "let's get to know each other before romance" stance.

  2. #32
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam View Post
    You answered this later in your post.
    He said he cant wait to get back home. He's a regular guy who wants his dog and his beer. And he knows it.


    Exactly! This is why the Paris locale is wasted on him. He doesn't fit the mold of the suave, sophisticated socialite, who can charm women with comfort and ease. (Andrew would have done much better here! IMO) Give him a backpack, his dog and open country and he would be much more at ease in this situation. That's why he comes across as boring and lacking. He is way out of his element.

    I just want to add that this is why I don't see him with Moana long term. When she started speaking Italian, it just confirmed to me that she is much more sophisticated than he is. He has difficulty with simple French and didn't appear to make much of an effort to learn it. Why? Because he wants to hike and camp in the Rockies in his down time, not travel to exotic foreign places.

    Moana seems to need a guy who is more "worldly" - extremely confident, well-travelled, well-spoken, sophisticated; someone who can challenge her. Travis said he could learn a lot from her, but what does she in turn learn from him? She needs the guy who could have handled the Paris locale with ease. That would have been fun to watch!
    Last edited by Nomadgal; 02-15-2006 at 05:28 PM.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadgal View Post
    [/B]

    Exactly! This is why the Paris locale is wasted on him. He doesn't fit the mold of the suave, sophisticated socialite, who can charm women with comfort and ease. (Andrew would have done much better here! IMO) Give him a backpack, his dog and open country and he would be much more at ease in this situation. That's why he comes across as boring and lacking. He is way out of his element.
    LOL, yep some of those poor girls got camping and bike riding in PARIS!

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey Phyllie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    865
    This discussion about the locations is interesting. Think about last season when Charlie threw out the rules and played the game his way. It might not have appealed to the romance seeking public, but it worked for him. He was able to be himself and ferret out the right girl for him.

    The fantasy and formality of the older format, leads to more suspense, but less likely to really find the "right" person.

    They should have let the good doctor run a wilderness camp with real live snakes and bugs, with fire-starting contests, survival skills. Then he could have found his perfect woman.

  5. #35
    FORT Fanatic vicyn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie View Post
    They should have let the good doctor run a wilderness camp with real live snakes and bugs, with fire-starting contests, survival skills. Then he could have found his perfect woman.
    I think we would have seen a lot more personality true to form had this been the scenerio.
    It wouldn't have had to be an repeat of "Outback Jack" just something more in keeping with Travis's real interests.

  6. #36
    FORT Fan KMK0902's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    by the computer
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie View Post
    This discussion about the locations is interesting. Think about last season when Charlie threw out the rules and played the game his way. It might not have appealed to the romance seeking public, but it worked for him. He was able to be himself and ferret out the right girl for him.

    The fantasy and formality of the older format, leads to more suspense, but less likely to really find the "right" person.

    They should have let the good doctor run a wilderness camp with real live snakes and bugs, with fire-starting contests, survival skills. Then he could have found his perfect woman.
    we've seen that show already - it was called "Outback Jack" and featured a lovely "jack" by the name of Vadim.

    K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.