+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paris, Europe and playing with a guy's head

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie View Post
    I think they almost always go down to the wire with honestly the two they have the most feelings for/interest in.
    I agree with your post, for the most part. The thing is, they may not have a lot of feelings for/interest in any of them. Still, they are contractually obligated to pick one, without regard to the fact that the selector knows it's going nowhere.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    But that's just a convenient way of excusing his attraction to Moana: "Oh, honey, I felt just like I'd feel in Vegas. It was confusing. I didn't know my head from my heart and I just got caught up in the whole Paris thing. But it's you I love!!!" That is exactly the argument cheating husbands use. Or cheating wives. That's probably the excuse he used with Sarah Monday night on the phone, right after his Venice date.

There's a difference between having a private fling for a couple of days with a hot bod in some exotic location charmed by the atmosphere, and going on a reality show, with plenty of cameras, production people and retakes to wrest one back to reality every second of the day. Not to mention all the other women involved. If he can still "get caught" in a fantasy with all that, well that's... "amazing".

Hey, I'm talking about PG stuff here, not stuff that would brand him a dirty dog. I'm sure that he never told Moana that she was the one, like some have in the past. It is unjustified to assume that he behaved dishonorably toward Moana. Moana was in the same atmosphere and subject to the same phenomenon. I'm not at all convinced that Travis is who she would normally pick. Sarah, I believe would normally pick T.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    Hey, I'm talking about PG stuff here, not stuff that would brand him a dirty dog. I'm sure that he never told Moana that she was the one, like some have in the past. It is unjustified to assume that he behaved dishonorably toward Moana. Moana was in the same atmosphere and subject to the same phenomenon. I'm not at all convinced that Travis is who she would normally pick. Sarah, I believe would normally pick T.
    Oh, I agree that Sarah would normally pick T. - for the worst possible reasons, though, and my confidence is that you think otherwise, as to her reasons.

However, I don't think Travis would normally pick Sarah. I think we have evidence of that - he hasn't already. Sarah's are easy to find, there is nothing even close to special about her. She is not exceptional in any way. I think we have evidence of that, too - many posters here have commented on how much she reminds them of themselves.

As for either picking Moana, or even Susan, 'normally' - it's my opinion he knows very few Moana types, if any, and he knows darned well he'd never have a decent shot at a Susan (except maybe in a photo in a magazine).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    As for either picking Moana, or even Susan, 'normally' - it's my opinion he knows very few Moana types, if any, and he knows darned well he'd never have a decent shot at a Susan (except maybe in a photo in a magazine).
    Travis deserves credit for letting Susan go. Most men in his situation would have given her the Final Rose no matter wild her stories sounded, hoping she could grow into the role. Which is usually a disastrous way of choosing, but I can't think of any other Bachelor we've seen (except maybe Andrew, whose sisters wouldn't have let him ) who would have passed on a Susan.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    However, I don't think Travis would normally pick Sarah. I think we have evidence of that - he hasn't already. Sarah's are easy to find, there is nothing even close to special about her. She is not exceptional in any way. I think we have evidence of that, too - many posters here have commented on how much she reminds them of themselves.
    I think this is the perfect time for me to say that Sarah does not remind me of myself . But it's a great question: Who are Sarah's fans? Who are Moana's fans?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    I think this is the perfect time for me to say that Sarah does not remind me of myself . But it's a great question: Who are Sarah's fans? Who are Moana's fans?
    From reading the posts it appears that women in the Bachelorette age group prefer Moana and their mothers prefer Sarah.

I'm not a huge fan of either one, but I favor Moana a little because she is more interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    but I favor Moana a little because she is more interesting to watch.
    So are highway accidents, Randal.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    So are highway accidents, Randal.
    But that's the exact same perverse pleasure we get from watching this show!

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR View Post
    But that's the exact same perverse pleasure we get from watching this show!
    Exactly.

But just because Moana is more interesting to watch doesn't make her the more likeable or desireable match in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Exactly.

But just because Moana is more interesting to watch doesn't make her the more likeable or desireable match in this situation.
    Well, since his likeable and desirable match is now sitting home in Winnipeg, the comedy is all we have left.

I do agree with those who theorize that the opinons of Travis's female relatives will be the dealbreaker. If they form a negative impression of California Girl Moana (I figure there is no way they won't like Sarah) that will make his decision for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast