+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shaeffer update ( Jenn's show)

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    I know Ryan is a fav of many, but this guy just doesn't do it for me....I am resisting temptation to do one of my scribbles on his picture....he looks like he is missing some lines down each side of his mouth as if he is a ventriloquist doll.

*I'll leave the room now*
    Igotalife you are on a roll!!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    I know Ryan is a fav of many, but this guy just doesn't do it for me....I am resisting temptation to do one of my scribbles on his picture....he looks like he is missing some lines down each side of his mouth as if he is a ventriloquist doll.

*I'll leave the room now*
    Even though he is my favorite that still had me
    Thanks Igotalife!
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Fort Fan
    Correct me if I am wrong, I have re watched the season preview from episode #1 a few times and it looks like the only bachelor Jen kisses back is Ryan, in the hot tub. It looks like the other three (Jerry, Fabrice, John Paul) are kissing Jen but she doesn’t seem to be kissing back. They also have a lot of screen caps of Jen and Ryan hugging and looking really cozy.

I think Ryan might just be Jen's type... Her friends seemed to think she needed someone really laid back...
    Then again, we've seen next to nothing of him on the show... just screencaps of them kissing, so we do know he goes far (final 3 anyway)...

I really like him, but partly because I've given him a personality since we haven't seen any of his. Reminds me of Jim and Larissa from Avearge Joe days when he turned out to be an idiot but everyone gave him their own idea of a personality and he became everyone's fav. Anyway tho, for now I'm giving him (and me!) the benefit of the doubt and saying he's just as awesome as I think he is
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie
    Have you gone to the ABC website and looked at the photo gallery? I don't think we saw one of those pictures last night on the show. It shows Ryan carrying Jen over his shoulder and he is hoisting her up so she can make a basket.

I sure would like to have seen more of this interaction.

FORT Regular
    Here's a new article on Ryan (Sheaffer) from the Mail Tribune, an Oregon newspaper. His mom's comments don't sound all that great. Maybe she's trying to make it seem like she doesn't know her.

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2...es/02local.htm

Will a Medford man be the bachelorette’s pick?

Ryan Sheaffer is trying for Jennifer Schefft’s hand on the popular reality TV program

By MARK FREEMAN
    Mail Tribune

As this television season’s "Bachelorette," Jennifer Schefft has it all — great looks, a charming personality and her own television reality show where the world will watch her choose a husband this season.

But Barbara Sheaffer of Medford isn’t convinced yet that she’s good enough for her son, Ryan.

"It seems like she’s OK," Barbara Sheaffer says. "I’ll have to watch the way she acts on TV."

Millions of viewers on Monday watched Schefft meet Ryan Sheaffer. The Medford native is one of the bachelors in ABC’s fourth season of "The Bachelorette," which opened with a two- hour special Monday.

Barbara Sheaffer is keeping an open mind while watching her 28-year-old son on one of television’s hottest shows.

"Moms always want to protect their own," Ryan Sheaffer laughed Monday. "But I’ve looked at this as nothing but upside."

In "The Bachelorette," Sheaffer is one of 25 bachelors vying for Schefft’s affection as the boys take turns romancing her around New York City.

The bachelors all try to impress Schefft on weekly episodes. Each episode culminates when she hands roses to the bachelors who remain in contention.

For those tuned into the world of reality TV, Schefft already is a star. She was the winner in the third season of "The Bachelor" in 2003 and eventually accepted the marriage proposal of that show’s leading man, Andrew Firestone.

With the cameras off, their romance fizzled and they eventually broke up without getting married.

But Schefft remained in the public eye, and that’s where she caught Sheaffer’s attention.

Living in Manhattan Beach, Calif., Sheaffer taught middle school and has dabbled in television, working as everything from production assistant to acting bit parts on shows like "Scrubs" and "Las Vegas."

He occasionally spotted her, and liked what he saw.

"I always thought she was a very attractive, cute girl," Sheaffer said.

A producer friend tipped off Sheaffer that Schefft was returning as this fall’s Bachelorette. So the 1994 South Medford High School grad entered the bachelor-to-be fray late last summer as a way to meet her.

"It was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing," Sheaffer said. "After an open casting call, one thing led to another and the next thing I knew I was off to New York for the show."

The shows were taped between mid-October and Thanksgiving. Confidentiality agreements forbid anyone involved from revealing any details.

"All I can say is, it was a great experience," Ryan Sheaffer said. "I just looked at it as one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities."

It also created a first-in-their-lifetimes reason for Barbara and Scott Sheaffer, who own and operate the Medford Montessori School, to view a reality show.

They had a half-dozen teen friends of 15-year-old McKenzie — the youngest of four Sheaffer kids — over to their east Medford home to watch’s Monday night’s episode.

"We’ve never watched one of these reality shows, but we’re getting kind of caught up in it," Barbara Sheaffer said.

"I just don’t know why (Schefft) would want to be on a reality show twice," she said.
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

FYI - I read this last week after the first show. I was wondering if there was a new one this week.

Quote Originally Posted by jenoy2001
    "I just don’t know why (Schefft) would want to be on a reality show twice," she said.
    I just really get the feeling the reporter could have written "I just don't know why (Schefft) would want to be on a reality show twice." she sniffed, with her nose held high in the air. Does she sound like a real prissy snob to anyone else? Just me? OK then.

Wow - that's a lot of negativity coming from Ryan's mom. I really like Ryan though, he's my second favorite.

+ Reply to Thread